Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NOH Is Not Trading Collison For Jose And Some Scrubs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NOH Is Not Trading Collison For Jose And Some Scrubs!

it's fucking annoying when ppl who know basketball have to read all this bullshit about NOH wanting to trade collison... AND okafor for jose and some scrubs... so not only would they have to pay calderon but now they need to go sign a C ...

STOP WASTING EVERYONE'S TIME WITH YOUR OPINION ON HOW THIS MAKES SENSE FOR NOH CUZ IT DOESNT !

Thanks for sharing.

You're right about the fact that NOH will somehow have to replace Okafur if they trade him.
    RR OG

Comment

just so people know what we're talking about here:

in february collison started for the hornets...he averaged

gp 13
      min 41:42
      pts 21.6
      ast 8.3
      rbd 3.9
      stl 1.8

march
      gp 16
      min 39.17
      pts 16.9
      ast 9.1
      rbd 2.9
      stl 1.3

so really is jose calderon and evans even reasonable for a trade to team that has already handled its financial problems by getting rid of mo pete... they are in fact UNDER THE TAX

peja's 15 mill come off the books after this season...and another 5 million for songalia... ALL OF THE BOOKS AFTER 1 MORE SEASON !

collsion makes less than 1.5 million for the next 2 years
      then 2.3 and 3.3...

jose makes almost 10 per year...

yea hornets cant wait to pull the trigger on this one...
      Last edited by vinnie_paz; Tue Jul 13, 2010, 08:32 PM.

Comment

The Hornets are in a very similar situation to where Toronto was a year ago: a big free agent who may be on the way out unless they can build a contending team around him, and two starting-quality PGs (although theirs are better than ours were). If they have a strong sense that Chris Paul is on his way out, they'd do better to trade him and make Collison the PG of the future. If they believe their best course is to keep Paul, it makes sense to trade Collison, as he's a bench-player behind Paul and the most valuable asset they can move. Of course, Calderon makes zero sense a return for them; only way it happens is if we can find a third team that has some assets that make sense for the Hornets (particularly wing players) and would like Calderon...

Comment

laugh...

I love how you imply that you're one of those "ppl who know basketball."

I guess as one of those "ppl who know basketball," you realize that the NBA is NOT just about basketball and that it's first and foremost a business. You would then also realize that not every team, and NO in particular, has the goal of winning right now.

As someone who knows basketball, you'd realize that the franchise is being shopped, that they're trying to drop as much salary as possible, and make the team as salable as possible.

One then might assume you'd realize how an albatross contract for an undersized, overpaid, oft-injured centre would not be the best thing to have on the books. Especially one without the athleticism or offensive awareness to take advantage of pick and roll plays with Chris Paul.

Phew! It's a good thing you knew all that.

Edit: This was in no way an endorsement for the NO trade scenario, as I think there are a number of issues with it. However, it is not AS preposterous as some might want to suggest... with swearing.

Comment

vinnie_paz wrote: View Post
            it's fucking annoying when ppl who know basketball have to read all this bullshit about NOH wanting to trade collison... AND okafor for jose and some scrubs... so not only would they have to pay calderon but now they need to go sign a C ...

STOP WASTING EVERYONE'S TIME WITH YOUR OPINION ON HOW THIS MAKES SENSE FOR NOH CUZ IT DOESNT !
            LOL, Vinnie-Paz
            You have to realize you are dealing with some very enthusiastic , out of touch and reality Raptor fans here.

The best thing is just to read and laugh at all those one sided, ridiculous comments.

Comment

lmao im also tired of hearing collison's name around this site dont think he's going anywhere judging by all the teams that wanted a pg around draft time who were definately calling NO about collison and they couldn't get anything done. We should focus on trading calderon for anything so that we can so well finally be rid of our insane contracts. Also, looking at Alabi in summer league today doesn't look like hell make the roster dorsey is a much better option as our fourth big

Comment

Raptor Cowboy wrote: View Post
                I love how you imply that you're one of those "ppl who know basketball."

I guess as one of those "ppl who know basketball," you realize that the NBA is NOT just about basketball and that it's first and foremost a business. You would then also realize that not every team, and NO in particular, has the goal of winning right now.

As someone who knows basketball, you'd realize that the franchise is being shopped, that they're trying to drop as much salary as possible, and make the team as salable as possible.

One then might assume you'd realize how an albatross contract for an undersized, overpaid, oft-injured centre would not be the best thing to have on the books. Especially one without the athleticism or offensive awareness to take advantage of pick and roll plays with Chris Paul.

Phew! It's a good thing you knew all that.

Edit: This was in no way an endorsement for the NO trade scenario, as I think there are a number of issues with it. However, it is not AS preposterous as some might want to suggest... with swearing.
                right... a team that possibly has the best pg in the game wants to ship out their centre for a backup pg who makes 10 million per year n has 3 years left...

okafor played all 82 games the last 3 seasons... how is that oft-injured ? please explain

Edit: Okafor is 6'10... how is that undersized ?

Okafor averaged over 30 minutes per game the last 3 season and averaged 10 pts 10 rbds 1.5 blocks... how is that underperforming ?

Okafor makes 11-13 million ? how is that overpaid ? please explain i really want to know

Edit: Source http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3819
                Last edited by vinnie_paz; Tue Jul 13, 2010, 08:39 PM. Reason: add source

Comment

I thought Alabi looked pretty decent in the one half I was able to watch today. He's got decent hands, made a nice short shot, 6/6/ FT's, some blocks and altered some shots. Lots of fouls and he's not too strong, but he moves better than I expected.

Dorsey looked good too.
                  Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

I think some of the hype stems from Collison showed last year he as serious game. Apparently NO is trying to offload Okafor's salary (according to some articles), and apparently they'll sweeten the pot with anybody on the roster aside from Paul (if I'm not mistaken). It was made clear a deal could include Collison. That's the genesis of the discussion, notwithstanding the fact that some forum members might be pitching some less sensible trades from TO. The point is, anybody who "knows basketball", knows Collison is showing promise, and that NO is facing a bit of a log jam at point with his rising stock in the league. Okafor might be worth the investment with the TPE, if it meant a shot at getting Collison too. What can the Raps offer back that's worth it to NO? I have no idea, but it could take a 3rd team to get involved.

Bottom line, sure some of us might be getting a little over zealous, but the two might fill a void at one position and give us a rising star, and potential superstar, at another position.

Interest in Collison is high. A lot of fans (like me) would love to see us take a run at the two. It's a long shot, true, I totally, but apparently NO is pretty desperate to unload the bad contracts.
                    "Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon."
                    ~Rorschach

Comment

Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
                      LOL, Vinnie-Paz
                      You have to realize you are dealing with some very enthusiastic , out of touch and reality Raptor fans here.

The best thing is just to read and laugh at all those one sided, ridiculous comments.
                      bahahaah yea ur right...

Comment

It's a long shot, true, I totally, but apparently NO is pretty desperate to unload the bad contracts.
                        So is Toronto. I doubt they want more bad contracts like Okafor even if they can get Collison back.
                        Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Raptor Cowboy wrote: View Post
                          isn't calderon the one that is "oft-injured" ??

dont reply to my posts when you dont have a clue of what ur talking about... ok cowboy ?

the only albatross is paying a backup pg 9 mill to play 8 mins a game... which is what the hornets would have to do

Comment

Mess wrote: View Post
                            So is Toronto. I doubt they want more bad contracts like Okafor even if they can get Collison back.
                            That's the gamble, I guess. Depends how bad you / we feel Okafor really is, and how promising a career is ahead of a guy like Collison. Maybe Okafor finds his bearings in TO? We do need a good PF/C now following the death of the Diaw and Chandler deal.

It takes a good pair of stones to risk taking a run at landing these guys. Maybe it's too risky.

Tough call, but I think it's worth a look.
                            "Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon."
                            ~Rorschach

Comment

Vinnie, its actually gotten to the point where I can't even stand the posts criticizing the Collison posters, that is how out of hand it has gotten. I'm not indicting you as this thread was desperately needed, but every time someone types Collison's name on RR they should receive a shock.

I spent a while trying to reason with people who think NO will just hand over a young, cheap point guard with all star potential, but they won't be denied. There is a better chance of Chris Paul becoming a raptor than Darren Collison.

Comment

Working...
                              X