If The Raptors Got Sold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If The Raptors Got Sold

Looks like the trend right now is, if your team sucks, sell it and let another sucker deal with it.

Do you guys think the Raptors have a 50/50 chance of being sold? I think the Raps are getting close to being considered for selling, specially with no achievement to show for. I think the feather that will break the bone so to is speak is if BC leaves, the MLSE will seriously consider selling the franchise.

If the Raps do get sold, where would you want it relocated and what team will you be routing for?

Are you stupid?

1st of all the raptors aren't THAT bad. They're middle of the pack.
    2nd, why would they sell? So what, they're losing BUT they're in a big market and are making money.
    3rd if they were to be sold why would they choose to move them? Toronto is like the 4th largest market in North America.

You just lack common sense starting from the beginning by even thinking that the odds might be 50/50 that MLSE would sell.

Comment

You have to get your facts straight and define what do you mean with "team sucks". From a fan perspective, it may suck but from business perspective, Raptors is one of the most successful NBA teams. And when you talk business (selling/buying), there is no connection between Win/Loss record, it is all about revenue (tickets/advertising/merchandise sales/other income).

Comment

Toronto has as much chance at getting sold as the Clippers winning a championship by sweeping Lakers 4-0 next year

Comment

MLSE will never sell any of the sports teams that they currently own. Remember that it's the Teachers Pension Plan that owns the majority of MLSE and is quite possibly the greediest organization in all the land

Comment

mlse cant even sell the team what are you talking about?? the TEACHERS PENSION FUND controls over 60% of both the teams any way not a chance in hell they get sold

Comment

hahaha relax peeps.

hence the words "what if". i said what if the franchise was sold?" or maybe i should rephrase it, maybe i should say "what if the franchise got RELOCATED?"

Comment

You guys are right tho, the last time Forbes did the rankings, Toronto came 14th on the most valuable NBA franchise list.

But ok, i wasnt gunning for your opinion on whether this franchise needs to be sold or relocated or whatever. what i want to know from all is IF the Raptors do get sold or relocated, where do you think it will end up and which team will you start following instead??? Geez just answer the damn question!!!!! hahahaha

and ryan, im not stupid, youre stupid, stupid!

Comment

EverythingBlaxx wrote: View Post
                  Remember that it's the Teachers Pension Plan that owns the majority of MLSE and is quite possibly the greediest organization in all the land
                  LOL this is what I think about when I think of Teachers Pension Plan Fund:

Comment

I think Seattle and I will cheer for Lakers then.

Comment

Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
                      I think Seattle and I will cheer for Lakers then.
                      finally! a response from someone who has brains! thanks Raptor!

I would like Las Vegas to have a team and i will route for the Lakers as well.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
                        finally! a response from someone who has brains! thanks Raptor!

I would like Las Vegas to have a team and i will route for the Lakers as well.
                        MARS. Somebody to challenge MJ's space jam squad

Comment

Um Raptors have always done well in attendance.. I wouldn't go for them if they relocated, because there is absolutely no way there won't be another team in Toronto/Ontario.. I'm a Toronto sports fan for life, I guess it's a legitimate question.. Only way I'd go for them is if they moved to Vancouver, they can support an NBA franchise despite what happened with the Grizzlies.

It'd be ridiculously stupid to not have an NBA team in Canada at all.. So I honestly don't think they'd move to Seattle, even though Seattle is interested in having another team.

Comment

I am unsure why MLSE would want to sell the Raptors franchise. It makes money.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
                              hahaha relax peeps.

hence the words "what if". i said what if the franchise was sold?" or maybe i should rephrase it, maybe i should say "what if the franchise got RELOCATED?"
                              WHAT IF WHAT IF!?!?! there is no point to even bother talking about this man... it will never happen and if they did get sold someone in Toronto would buy them to keep them here anyways. Pointless thread

Comment

Working...
                              X