The Hazing Of Ed Davis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Hazing Of Ed Davis

LAS VEGAS – Even though he’s a rookie, Toronto’s Ed Davis wants to make one thing clear.

“I’m older than DeMar (DeRozan), first of all,” Davis said when asked how the “older” Raptors are helping him adjust to life in the NBA.

Davis has three Summer League games under his belt, with possibly his best coming Wednesday. Davis had 13 points and five rebounds, going 5-for-6 from the floor. Davis was active on the inside, something the Raptors want to see from the forward out of North Carolina.

“We need to turn up the fire a little bit with him,” Raptors coach Jay Triano said. “That’s the way he is. Right now, he’s got a good glide to him right now. It’s got to become more intense for longer periods of time.”

Davis said he plans to lean on the more experienced Raptors, but won’t back down from any rookie hazing that might be coming his way.

“I’ve got a lot of pranks under my belt,” Davis said with a smile. “I’m experienced in a couple things like that.”
    Source: NBA.com

I think Ed Davis will drop-kick anyone who tries anything funny against him. This guy looks pissed at all times. I'm sure he's got a sense of humour deep down somewhere, but right now he's all business and basketball is the only thing on his mind. Good on him.

Comment

I'd be scared to try anything with both him and Alabi. I'm not sure what the protocol would be with Dorsey, as he "played" last year, but I'm 100% sure nobody is going to mess with him.

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
        I think Ed Davis will drop-kick anyone who tries anything funny against him. This guy looks pissed at all times. I'm sure he's got a sense of humour deep down somewhere, but right now he's all business and basketball is the only thing on his mind. Good on him.
        i just think thats his personality
        Hes not a high emotion guy
        He seems very composed, the way he handles himself on the court is the same way he handles himself off the court

Comment

ya ed just seems like hes got a laid-back personality to him like hes just going through the motions which is good cuz seems like he knows how to control his emotions....still like to see a little more intensity at times though but im sure it will come

Comment

ED davis looks beastly he just needs to get a little bigger
            ya dun noe

Comment

I hope he turns out like an Antonio Davis (better on the offensive side). The reason for me primarily is that I think with his demeanor he looks/comes across as a true leader type. It will be easier for him to enforce his will on the team if he has got a good game as well. The next captain is what I hope he turns out to be.

Comment

JYFelony wrote: View Post
                I'd be scared to try anything with both him and Alabi. I'm not sure what the protocol would be with Dorsey, as he "played" last year, but I'm 100% sure nobody is going to mess with him.
                If Dorsey stays no one would mess with him, hes built like a tank and hes a big fellow for his height in comparison to guys like Ed. If your a very undersized center in the NBA youd better be built.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                  I hope he turns out like an Antonio Davis (better on the offensive side). The reason for me primarily is that I think with his demeanor he looks/comes across as a true leader type. It will be easier for him to enforce his will on the team if he has got a good game as well. The next captain is what I hope he turns out to be.
                  Agreed and I think that's what his ceiling is. A strong 15 and 10 guy who plays defense and bricks 15 footers.

Comment

He reminds me exactly of Kendrick Perkins. They both look the same, and it could be possible Davis can develop into a KP type of player.
                    Raptors fan for life....sadly.

Comment

Working...
                    X