Playoffs Next Year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

black angus wrote: View Post
    Don't know if predicting a teams playoff chances on a theoretical points per game analysis is the best way to go. If you look at the teams that are definitely better than the Raptors in the eastern conference:
    • Orlando
    • Miami
    • Boston
    • Atlanta
    • Chicago
    • Milwaukee
    • Charlotte

Then the best they can do is finish 8th.

Of the remaining 6 teams in the eastern conference I would not consider the Raptors to be considerably better than any of them. So best of luck, but chances are they will be watching the playoffs next year.
    I'd put the Knicks and Philadelphia ahead of the Raptors, too. Maybe even Indiana, if they can make a couple of moves to balance out their roster.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I'd be perfectly happy if they bit up on the bad teams, and compete with the good ones.
      Than whatever happens, happens... If someone breaks a leg in Boston,
      they can easily win Titanic again.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
        I'd put the Knicks and Philadelphia ahead of the Raptors, too. Maybe even Indiana, if they can make a couple of moves to balance out their roster.
        You've gotta add Cleveland to that list too. I know they lost Big Z and that LeBron guy, but they're still gonna be in the hunt for the playoffs IMO.

Comment

Anything is possible...then I remember this is the Raptors. I don't think playoffs are a possibility with this current roster. We need BC to shake things up.
          Raptors fan for life....sadly.

Comment

I can see the plan with the proposed trade to Charlotte. That would have made us a pretty decent team, at the same time prepared us for another huge summer in 2011 with a bunch of expirings, player options and 1st rounders. Which then lead to my increased curiosity on what BC had in store with the TE. Too bad it didn't go down.

As for playoffs this season, it's a very long shot. A team built on athleticism can only succeed if they play good defense, stops which lead to fastbreak points. And there isn't any proof that we can do that yet. Also, we don't have players who can create their own shot.

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
              You've gotta add Cleveland to that list too. I know they lost Big Z and that LeBron guy, but they're still gonna be in the hunt for the playoffs IMO.
              I believe that the Cavs are done and will be out.

I also believe that Charlotte just shot themselevs in the foot for not finding an adequate replacement for both Felton and Chandler.

I think the Knicks will be an up an coming team and will be in the playoff hunt.

I also see the 76ers' getting their house in order and finally play the kind of basketball that they are capable of playing.

The Raptors will struggle, too young, too inexperience and too many unknowns creating a big hole due to Bosh's leaving. Giving that we still aren't sure what the final roster will look like, they will probably get around 30 wins (maybe a bit more or a bit less) next season.
              Last edited by Hotshot; Fri Jul 16, 2010, 09:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X