Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ryan_1523 wrote: View Post
    @rdiaz101

A vast majority of your sentences make little to no sense at all.. Put some more thought in to your posts. Bargnani was obviously a bad choice if you look at everyone else in the first round in that draft.. You obviously don't follow basketball much, because you really don't have a clue what you're talking about.. With the Turk trade, we got rid of a bad contract (along with the bad attitude), we got TPE, and Barbosa is younger.

To finish up, I like Demar and Ed Davis. Though, they were fairly easy picks to make, Demar was projected to go 9th.. Ed Davis projected to go a lot earlier, and therefore they would have been stupid not to pick him.

Again, what scrubs, and again.. When was I against a top pick. I want our team to compete, if any Raptors fans want our team to give up before the start of the season so we can get a good pick, then they obviously aren't real fans. This is the only forums I'm on, though, I do watch a lot of sports. I also play a lot of sports. I play basketball for hours every day.. I follow it closely because it's my favorite sport, and I enjoy doing so.. You're blatantly attacking my character, I merely stated a fact about your views on this matter based on what you said in your previous post. Real classy.

If you were a basketball fan, you would never want your team to lose, winning doesn't always come easily so you have to try to compete year in and year out, it's not easy getting a franchise player in the draft.. It could take years, and with Toronto being the only Canadian basketball team, who's really going to wait that long.
    I like how you start your replys with an insult and then totally contradict your self over and over again, you said "a top 5 pick was bad for the Raps because of their draft history" and than turn around and say you like Ed Davis and DD .

This just tells me that this argument could go on and on, you're like a mutt chasing his tail all day and if i got to explain to you that a Boris Diaw, Chandler and Barnes are not good fits and just role players on any other team and we are willing to pay them 21million combined ?? Then you really dont know basketball.

We need to stay young and let the players we have prove themselves, i want this team to stay competitive and i think they can with this line-up but to add un-nessacery "role" players all because we want to get rid of Jose's contract ? Come on he's a leader and when he's not injured the most consistent player on the roster he distributes the ball, low turn over ratio and solid jump shot. If BC really wants to trade him he will because he's still one of our few assets left just dont do it for scrubs or for just a salary dump .
    "Hello, Hello !.....You Play to Win the GAME!!"

Herm Edwards

Comment

You've simply been reading what you want to hear.. How am I contradicting myself in any way. You're saying the same thing over and over again.. Maybe check the Raptors whole draft history, 2 obvious first round choices really means a lot.

You want the team to stay competitive, yet you want them to blow next season, that's self-contradictory.. You can continue this argument with yourself, because it seems you've been doing that half the time anyways.

Comment

Yeah COMPETITIVE with THIS LINE UP which means NO more ADDITIONS, i dont care if they tank or not just let THESE GUYS PLAY. I hope thats simple enough for you.
        "Hello, Hello !.....You Play to Win the GAME!!"

Herm Edwards

Comment

SirChillyMost wrote: View Post
          Not to mention starting 2 PFs (Bosh, Bargs) the last 2 years without realizing that 1 of them should have been moved for a legit center.

BC's current misssion for an NBA center as so Barg's can move back to his natural PF position says it all about BC's Raptor vision. The Raptor's won the Atlantic in BC's 1st year then during the off season Boston made the major moves and TO has been in a below .500 freefall ever since losing their Franchise player to Miami in a chess game with Riley that started with the JO trade in which he played BC like a fiddle.

BC is mostly hype, not substance.
          other than his drafting skills, i fully agree.

Comment

Lopez wrote: View Post
            Umm I don't know about other fans but i for 1 would like to see a team that contend and not one that's going in the lottery(which doesn't guarantee a top 5 pick anyway)! Build through the draft like good teams do
            haha

Comment

@rdiaz101

You're blatantly attacking my character, I merely stated a fact about your views on this matter based on what you said in your previous post. Real classy.
              hey ryan do these statements sound like facts ?

"
              You're giving off a superiority vibe, maybe you're just overcompensating for your lack of intelligence; You, sir, are forgiven.

A vast majority of your sentences make little to no sense at all.. Put some more thought in to your posts.

"
              i wonder who wrote the above two statements
              so tired of your posts, you're such a hypocite...

Comment

rdiaz101 wrote: View Post
                I like how you start your replys with an insult and then totally contradict your self over and over again, you said "a top 5 pick was bad for the Raps because of their draft history" and than turn around and say you like Ed Davis and DD .

This just tells me that this argument could go on and on, you're like a mutt chasing his tail all day and if i got to explain to you that a Boris Diaw, Chandler and Barnes are not good fits and just role players on any other team and we are willing to pay them 21million combined ?? Then you really dont know basketball.

We need to stay young and let the players we have prove themselves, i want this team to stay competitive and i think they can with this line-up but to add un-nessacery "role" players all because we want to get rid of Jose's contract ? Come on he's a leader and when he's not injured the most consistent player on the roster he distributes the ball, low turn over ratio and solid jump shot. If BC really wants to trade him he will because he's still one of our few assets left just dont do it for scrubs or for just a salary dump .
                agree... just b/c u give your young players playing time, and you lose a few more games, that's not the same as tanking... and a real fan would like to see his team and it's player develop instead of trading for aging vets who will come in and keep the team between that 8-12 spot for many years.
                Last edited by vinnie_paz; Wed Jul 21, 2010, 04:28 PM.

Comment

You've simply been reading what you want to hear.. How am I contradicting myself in any way. You're saying the same thing over and over again.. Maybe check the Raptors whole draft history, 2 obvious first round choices really means a lot.

You want the team to stay competitive, yet you want them to blow next season, that's self-contradictory.. You can continue this argument with yourself, because it seems you've been doing that half the time anyways.
                  maybe they would have a better draft record if they actually had some higher picks...

maybe you let the young guys develop for 1-2 seasons, than all of a suddent you have 2 top 10 draft picks, and WOW now all of a sudden you might just have a team that can compete...

or we can always get boris diaw and matt barnes to come in and fill in some holes and we finish between 8th and 12th every season...
                  Last edited by vinnie_paz; Wed Jul 21, 2010, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X