Future Of The Raptors And The YOUNG GUNZ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Future Of The Raptors And The YOUNG GUNZ

I was watching the AB and Beli's video that was posted by Apollo today and looking at how the off season went ( big contract to Amir and all the hypes about the YOUNG GUNZ), I got the feeling that the future of Raptors going to be build around the fan favorate 3rio.

This made me think about the real potentials of these guys and Raptor compare to the to some other teams which are building around their young stars.

How do we measure up to them. I came up with few teams and few names ( feel free to add yours to this ) and was wondering how do we measure up next to them.

OKC : Durant and Westbrook
    Kings: Evans and Cousin
    Clippers: Griffen and Gordon
    Grizzlie: Mayo and Gasol and Gay
    Golden state: Curry and Ellis
    Wolfs: Rubio and Kevin Love
    Bucks: Jennings and Bougut

How do our YOUNG GUNZ measure about against some of these teams ??

Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
    OKC : Durant and Westbrook
    Kings: Evans and Cousin
    Clippers: Griffen and Gordon
    Grizzlie: Mayo and Gasol and Gay
    Golden state: Curry and Ellis
    Wolfs: Rubio and Kevin Love
    Bucks: Jennings and Bougut

How do our YOUNG GUNZ measure about against some of these teams ??
    Not so great lol, Clippers/kings/Wolves we dont know yet but i can only assume they will initially be better then our trio. But in 2 years I can see the young gunz actually being legit.

Comment

Priest wrote: View Post
      Not so great lol, Clippers/kings/Wolves we dont know yet but i can only assume they will initially be better then our trio. But in 2 years I can see the young gunz actually being legit.
      Can they be in the same level as these guys in 2 years ?

I know we are behind now but I was more looking in 2-3 years from now. We are investing all this money ( I have a feeling that Weems will get a similar contract to Amir) and time in this young Core, but Are they legit comparing to some of the other young cores ( same age and same rookie classes) ?

Adding to my List Chicago : Rose and Noah

Comment

Assigning a nickname to people who have done nothing to earn a nickname is pretty stupid/desperate.

Put a bullet in YOUNG GUNZ. It's embarrassing.

Comment

The young Gunz (Amir, Sonny, DD) are not the players we should be comparing. The only one of them likely to be a career starter and possible all-star is Demar. Sonny and Amir are going to be great guys off the bench for us for most of their careers and I think a better comparison to make in order to judge the Raps would be:

DeRozen/Ed Davis/Bargnani

to those the players you named. I think when you look at it that way we compare favorably with the Grizz, The Bucks (I'm thinking Bogut will not play so well after the injury), the Warriors, The Wolves (Rubio isn't even in the country yet), and I think we're about even with the Kings and Bulls (not counting Boozer). Obviously Durant and Westbrook are in another league but I don't think we're worse than the rest.
          "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

Word

OTFP wrote: View Post
            Assigning a nickname to people who have done nothing to earn a nickname is pretty stupid/desperate.

Put a bullet in YOUNG GUNZ. It's embarrassing.
            Gonna have to agree with you on this one. I personally have all the hope in the world that this young core can develop and fulfill the potential I see in them, but as of right now, they've done little to warrant dubbing themselves with a melodramatic nickname. Yeah, I love their enthusiasm, but if they fail to produce, I'm going to wonder whether they spent more time fraternizing than they did working on their games. Besides...YOUNG GUNZ sounds like a weak rap group or something.

Comment

noxleno wrote: View Post
              Gonna have to agree with you on this one. I personally have all the hope in the world that this young core can develop and fulfill the potential I see in them, but as of right now, they've done little to warrant dubbing themselves with a melodramatic nickname. Yeah, I love their enthusiasm, but if they fail to produce, I'm going to wonder whether they spent more time fraternizing than they did working on their games. Besides...YOUNG GUNZ sounds like a weak rap group or something.
              I also agree. If our core of "Young Gunz" don't play up to their potential they'll quickly be referred to as the "Young Bumz".
              Last edited by James Ballswin (Realizar); Wed Jul 21, 2010, 01:11 PM.
              RR OG

Comment

I know it is not "fair" to forecast based on summer league, but I would say that this year our top guys will be Derozan, Bargs, and either Weems/Johnson (in terms of young talent, who knows if BC will bring anyone else on board for real this time..man...chandler would've been nice here)

Comment

Working...
                X