Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Does Jeff Van Gundy Have That Triano Lacks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Does Jeff Van Gundy Have That Triano Lacks?

Why can't Jay get the best out of his players? Bad coach or underachieving player? Do you guys feel Van Gundy's comments are fair to say and accurate to say? What does Triano lack we wish he had as a head coach in this league?

This is apparently what JVG had to say on the ESPN broadcast last night:

"This is what I don't understand about Toronto... You have all the offensive firepower you need to win HUGE in this league.... and you won't even TRY defensively? You give Atlanta 146 and then you have a chance to come home tonight, not 2 weeks later and you give 'em 111 at home? I don't get it."

"They have all the offensive talent in the world, but they don't **** try on defensive.. Its embarrasing".
    Anyone think JVG could get more out of this team?

Yes, a lot more. When JVG was in the league he was one of the very best. He has room to talk.

Comment

He's alright, not sure how much we would enjoy working in Toronto though but i'd rather have Lawrence Frank (remember what he's doen to the raps in the past...his firing was clearly the players)....or even better....Byron Scott (biggest firing shock of the year!!). always loved his attitude and game even when he played for the Lakers back in the day.

Comment

Think BC could coax JVG out of coaching retirement?

Comment

I think this interview is intersting too ---> Jeff Van Gundy, Dec 11th, FAN590

Comment

trizzo wrote: View Post
            I think this interview is intersting too ---> Jeff Van Gundy, Dec 11th, FAN590

Yes it was. Your main players have to set the tone on the defensive end. Bosh was noted for his defense on the Olympic team and subjugated his offense with his play (albeit in a secondary role). He has to try this with the Raps and shall then have credibility when he talks to his mates. But I think he expects his centre to take on more of the defensive load...and it aint happening. The problem with this reasoning is that when JO (playing a more traditional C) was here there were problems as well.

Comment

Working...
            X