Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jlongs
    replied
    This year's ROY would be an interesting race indeed, with so many possible candidates.

All I know about Ed is that he needs to get stronger. All other instincts are there and doesn't have to be taught. But I do hope he and DD get voted into the Rookie-Sophomore game, as representatives of "The Future."

Leave a comment:

• vinnie_paz
    replied
    Apollo wrote: View Post
    I think Ed will get as many minutes as he can handle. That's probably 20-25/game. Not sure that's enough to make the team. Blake Griffin is his competition. Blake is a favorite to win rookie of the year.
    even over john wall and d. cousins ?

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    I think Ed will get as many minutes as he can handle. That's probably 20-25/game. Not sure that's enough to make the team. Blake Griffin is his competition. Blake is a favorite to win rookie of the year.

Leave a comment:

• mo-sales
    replied
    How big a dark horse is Davis to make the all rookie team?

I think you put Wall and Turner there for sure, maybe Wes Johnson, Blake Griffin too and then the last PF/C spot probably goes to Cousins, but you never know. If it wasn't for Griffin, I think Davis would have a legit outside shot, now he's just a long listed dark horse.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Derrick Caracter is a very talented player. If he can fight his demons he can be a very good NBA player.

Leave a comment:

• matt
    replied
    That's really solid to see him ranked as high as that. I'm not a fan of summer league personally but that does say he's at least capable of making it to the all star weekend if that means anything whatsoever.

Leave a comment:

• Buddahfan
    replied
    Damion James #2. Geez how did he do that? He must have played pretty good. Good for him.

It will be interesting to see how his career and Davis's career develop. I think Davis has a greater upside but for now James four years at Texas put him ahead.

Leave a comment:

• Arsenalist
    started a topic ESPN Insider: Ed Davis 7th Best Rookie In Summer League

ESPN Insider: Ed Davis 7th Best Rookie In Summer League

The Top Ten were:

1. John Wall, Wizards
    Summer-league stats: 23.5 ppg, 7.8 apg, 4 rpg

2. Damion James, Nets
    Summer-league stats: 18.8 ppg, 5.3 rpg, 1 apg

3. DeMarcus Cousins, Kings
    Summer-league stats: 14.5 ppg, 9.8 rpg, 1.2 bpg

4. Luke Harangody, Celtics
    Summer-league stats: 16.6 ppg, 6.8 rpg, 1.6 apg

5. Derrick Caracter, Lakers
    Summer-league stats: 15.4 ppg, 8.6 rpg, 1.4 bpg

6. Landry Fields, Knicks
    Summer-league stats: 15.6 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 1.6 spg

7. Ed Davis, Raptors
    Summer-league stats: 12.6 ppg, 6 rpg, 1.8 bpg

Davis seemed to get better all week, which was not surprising considering he had not played since a midseason injury. He has a great feel around the basket, which we already knew, but he also showed a somewhat surprising ability to be a solid rim protector. Plus, Davis displayed a very nice pick-and-pop jumper, which will help him earn minutes in November.
    8. Larry Sanders, Bucks
    Summer-league stats: 14 ppg, 8.4 rpg, 3.2 bpg

9. Lance Stephenson, Pacers
    Summer-league stats: 14.8 ppg, 2.3 rpg, 1.5 apg

10. Dominique Jones, Mavericks
    Summer-league stats: 16.6 ppg, 3.8 rpg, 3.4 apg

Rounding it out:

Favors, Monroe, Lawal, Hayward, Rolle, Pattterson, Ebanks, Crawford, Pondexter, Turner
Working...
X