Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Five Worst Teams In The NBA (Raptors #2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Five Worst Teams In The NBA (Raptors #2)

This all coming from Fox Sports

5. Indiana Pacers
    4. Detroit Pistons
    3. New Jersey Nets
    2. Toronto Raptors

Toronto fans had resigned themselves to the departure of Chris Bosh. They weren't unhappy to see Hedo Turkoglu's contract shipped off to Phoenix. But what remains? Maybe the least athletic team in the league, led by former No. 1 pick Andrea Bargnani, who has improved but still isn't adept at creating his own shot. Indeed, the Raptors have shooters galore but won't be able to rebound, run or defend. That's not a recipe for success in the NBA.
    1. Minnesota Timberwolves

I'm not sure I get this. If Ed Davis, Amir Johnson, Sonny Weems and DeMar DeRozan aren't athletic then who is? Spiderman?

The least athletic team in the league......wow. If Fox news represented anything less than crackpot journalism I might be offended by thier lack of knowledge.

If someone typed the exact opposite of that blurb, it would likely make more sense. Show me a team in the East other than Philly that is potentially more athletic. They can't shoot, will be forced to run for lack of a half court offense and will be a defensive squad that relies on hustle, energy and athleticism on the glass.

Comment

His point is they have talent and they might be some what athletic but raptors dont have athletic stars...toronto has twinners,average players.
      See this is the problem in Toronto...players are overhyped..Ed Davis, Amir Johnson, Sonny Weems and DeMar DeRozan are all talented players but not stars,kids...and kids dont win championship but veteran doooooo...LA Lakers,Boston Celtics,Spurs,Detorit Pistons.....Maimi Heat eventualy...
      I wish we could jump year...the year coming up...not good,ure gonna wish u lived somewhere else...
      "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
      My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

If they are not able to defend, rebound and run next year,
        we should get ourselves a better coach, since they have all the
        tools needed to that. If they struggle in half-court I can understand that,
        since CB4 will be missed...

Comment

uhhhh

Yeah, but you're not even talking about the same issue that's being (poorly) addressed by the FOX piece. Whether you think players are overhyped here, or not, and I would argue that every team attempts to overhype the contents of its brand, the Raptors feature a great deal of athletic talents. That has nothing to do with whether they are even a playoff team, let alone a championship team. Hell, you could make the argument that money wins championships, not stars. By your reasoning, the Cavs would be the reigning champs.

So, Dr. Lecter, the point made in the FOX piece is ignorant, and not at all unsurprising for FOX. His point wasn't that they have talent and might be somewhat athletic, his point being addressed was that the Raptors are "Maybe the least athletic team in the league".

Shitty journalism leads to shitty press.
          It's about money

Comment

The guy clearly only watches highlights of Toronto games on ESPN. Least athletic team? really? lol I wonder if he ever took the time do his homework before writing this article.

Comment

Apollo my friend:

Just curious:

Why do you continue to post such negative Raptors articles from Fox or for that matter from anyone?

Seriously. Is there some positive Raptors feeling or karma that is supposed to come out of this?

I know that you are down on the Raptors fortunes in 10-11 since Bosh left town but man all this negativity is not good for Raptors karma

http://karmapotd.wordpress.com/

#pause
              Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
              Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

I post everything I can find about the Raptors, both positive and negative. If you don't like to negative press than just ignore it but it's out there and I'm going to keep posting it along with everything else I may find. Sticking my head in the sand isn't productive.

Comment

I can definately see why Fox would say this. The Raptors just lost their two marquee players and they failed to make the post-season in what should of been a gimme for them. They have a no-name coach, and are the reigning worst defensive team. The Eastern conference is so competitive now, there is no way the Raps are gonna make the playoffs. I would be surprised if they don't finish last in their division.

Comment

Yeah and to be more specific, suddenly they play in a deep division. The 76ers showed promise at times last season and just added a future star in Evan Turner. The Nets added a future star in Favors and a bunch of talent and depth. The Knicks went out and landed Stoudemire, Randolph and Felton. The Raptors are no longer a lock for 2nd to the Celtics. They'll have their hands full in not walking away with last in the Atlantic.
                    Last edited by Apollo; Mon Jul 26, 2010, 01:42 PM.

Comment

The Atlantic got more competitive, but not the rest of the East. The East got better on paper, but how often does that translate into reality. I think Philly wins the Atlantic barring the Knicks getting Paul. Celtics are going to be a .500 assuming they stay healthy and if Rondo gets hurt, they are completely screwed.

I think raps can still finish 2nd in the Atlantic. They can survive injuries better than most teams and their biggest question mark is how quickly thier young gunz develop from boundless talent into actual wins. If the raps were in the West, I would say they could be potential cellar dwellers, but not in the East which is top heavy and then mediocre throughout.
                      Last edited by mo-sales; Mon Jul 26, 2010, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Did you mix up Philly and Boston in your post?

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                          Apollo my friend:

Just curious:

Why do you continue to post such negative Raptors articles from Fox or for that matter from anyone?

Seriously. Is there some positive Raptors feeling or karma that is supposed to come out of this?
                          To truely understand is to experience and embrace all sides. It's about learning, nothing to do with karma.

There are some people out there who may not want to see things from a view that opposes there own... fortunately we don't have anyone like that on RR

Comment

I think Boston is clinging to thier past success and by no means is it tied to any future endeavors. Next season, the front court of KG and JO will be the slowest, least athletic, injury prone finesse tandem that I can remember. Both player's used to be great, but they fell victim to the straight out of high school curse that kills careers by 30 and as a result thier knees haven't survived the test of time. They lost thier depth in the front court and wing positions, Bradley isn't going to be ready and Rondo will be asked to carry a Lebronesque load on that team. In a playoff series they are still deadly, but I have serious doubts about thier ability to survive another 82 game grind and finish healthy like last season.

Philly is as deep as they are athletic. They have the speed, the shooters, guys who can run and a young point in Holiday who seems primed to make a similar leap to Derozan. Turner is ready to make more a positive contribution than Wall, Williams will get his minutes back from the player formerly known as the answer and they have a deep, young, talented front court mix with Hawes, Speights, Young and Thompson to play with the expensive vet Brand.

They also have a great coach for the youngsters who won't force a system on them like Jordan and instead let them play to thier strengths. Without causing too much of a stir, I see Philly as potentially the 4th best team in the East depending on whether Joe Johnson and/or Boozer mail in the next season.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                              This all coming from Fox Sports

5. Indiana Pacers
                              4. Detroit Pistons
                              3. New Jersey Nets
                              2. Toronto Raptors

1. Minnesota Timberwolves

I'm not sure I get this. If Ed Davis, Amir Johnson, Sonny Weems and DeMar DeRozan aren't athletic then who is? Spiderman?
                              [IMG]http://api.ning.com/files/Ziw4CDt0wSwCE5IEvbp6w1XXRbsC--*N-51kcUPeMQtc*6IrUePaVdfHEZt*vTM6mSDBfIUncEdMTGZLwWq DHmQkof5VwMr*/MARVEL_KNIGHTS_SPIDERMAN_2.jpg[/IMG]

http://api.ning.com/files/Ziw4CDt0wS...PIDERMAN_2.jpg

he is balancing on one foot on a woman's head.
                              Last edited by LBF; Mon Jul 26, 2010, 03:23 PM.
                              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Working...
                              X