Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bosh Reflects On His Past, Including Toronto

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/07/2...raptor-to.html

It's a Miami article. Lots of Bosh quotes. Take it how you want.

It just seemed nothing ever worked out in Toronto. And that's no offense to them or the organization. It just never happened.

I appreciated Chris Bosh for his work ethic and for not being a whinny player. However, for the past few months or even a year, he changed a lot. His behavior became quite annoying and to say that "nothing ever worked out in Toronto", is just a bashing at his own role for this mess. I am not sure what exactly is going to "work out" from now on in Miami (or elsewhere) for him as basketball player, he will always be "the other guy" who had to gang up with Wade and LeBron to eventually content, and who knows if they will ever win a ring. What kind of achievement is this Chris? Adam Morrison has two rings, but is he a good player?

For Raptors fans: time to move on ... CB4 is no longer our star player!

Comment

Let's call a spade a spade.
      Even if things worked out incredibly with the Raptors, Bosh would be gone.
      It's just excuses.
      Why do i say that?
      Because in Cleveland, everything was working great for LeBron, top team in the league, MVP honours, major playoff success (minus championship, but finals appearances, conference finals, etc) and guess what, he STILL left.

They just wanted to play with each other so let's take it all with a grain of salt, no?

ps. insight_tor, i think he's now worse. He's the 'other other guy'. Can't wait until lebron and wade make the all-star team and he doesn't.

Comment

I think bosh will look like an idiot in Miami because he wanted to be the man but he decided to sacrifice his wishes to win a championship if they don't win a championship it will make bosh look bad. Lebron and wade will get there shots but bosh will have to adjust to being the third banana because he was the alpha dog in Toronto. He will have to influence the game threw his rebounding and defense we all know he can rebound but his defense isn't too good. I think this season bosh's lack of mental toughness will be highlighted by the american media and he will be scrutinized to the max if miami don't win a title
        ya dun noe

Comment

I will miss Chris Bosh
          http://websitedweeb.userboard.net-Introduce your website. No signup required!

Comment

you know i just plan old don't give a shit what he says anymore it's going to take quite a bit for me to get pissed off from what he says.
            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

What a jackass. Sounds like a whiny little brat.

Dude is whining cause his whole career in hoops he has had like a 30% winning percentage. Maybe he should look in the mirror.

His whole statement about not wanting to come here initially, and how it "feels" and "smells" different here. Man go f*** urself. Dude is like basically wiping his hands clean of any lacklustre play here he may have put on the floor, like he was cursed for being here.

Good riddance to this loser, he'll probably sit most of the year out with injuries anyways to film his "hilarious" youtube videos. what a joke.

Comment

"Toronto is far from one of the more desirable NBA destinations. The Raptors have lucked out in the draft with players like Vince Carter and Bosh, but it's not a place many American-born players long to be."

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/07/2...#ixzz0uojr3Nbz
                ok that like really pissed me off these fucking americans think toronto is just some igloo in the middle of nowhere how fuckign stupid are you guys toronto is the 5th biggest city in north america i think its bigger then miami. wtf is miami just some random ass city with a few drunk cubans who are also high on crack and some random prostitutes walking around with STD's
                ya dun noe

Comment

Hassan wrote: View Post
                  wtf is miami just some random ass city with a few drunk cubans who are also high on crack and some random prostitutes walking around with STD's
                  and juice-heads... dont forget the juice-heads

Comment

Hassan wrote: View Post
                    "Toronto is far from one of the more desirable NBA destinations. The Raptors have lucked out in the draft with players like Vince Carter and Bosh, but it's not a place many American-born players long to be."

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/07/2...#ixzz0uojr3Nbz
                    ok that like really pissed me off these fucking americans think toronto is just some igloo in the middle of nowhere how fuckign stupid are you guys toronto is the 5th biggest city in north america i think its bigger then miami. wtf is miami just some random ass city with a few drunk cubans who are also high on crack and some random prostitutes walking around with STD's
                    that was awesome

Comment

Chris Bosh didn't say anything that was bad in that article. Remember, he also said that Toronto is a great place, a fantastic city.

As for the smell thing/feel thing, how is that different than some hockey player saying playing in Nashville and Dallas different because of all the country music? Or playing anywhere in the States and noticing the differences (mainly that there's no Pierre MacGuire and James Duthie screaming at you). Let's face it, Canada IS different than the US and American players are always going to prefer their homeland, just like Canadians will prefer it here.

As for 'it just didn't happen' comment... well, it just didn't happen. I can criticize the GM all I want, but they tried. So did Bosh. Sometimes, in sports, you can think you're doing the right thing and it just doesn't work. It's easy in hindsight to point things out, but I highly doubt the GM thought to himself "Let me throw all this money at mediocre players so this team will suck!" Bosh did his 7 yrs here, Toronto wasn't competitive, he did all he could and he went to the best possible basketball situation. That's all that happened. Believe it or not, he didn't hate it here.

And I've been to South Beach. Talk about something different in the air.... That place is where women who are 8s are the desperate ones.

Comment

Bosh spotted in South Beach!

Comment

booooo-urns

Comment

DirtyMikeSeaver wrote: View Post
                            Chris Bosh didn't say anything that was bad in that article. Remember, he also said that Toronto is a great place, a fantastic city.

As for the smell thing/feel thing, how is that different than some hockey player saying playing in Nashville and Dallas different because of all the country music? Or playing anywhere in the States and noticing the differences (mainly that there's no Pierre MacGuire and James Duthie screaming at you). Let's face it, Canada IS different than the US and American players are always going to prefer their homeland, just like Canadians will prefer it here.

As for 'it just didn't happen' comment... well, it just didn't happen. I can criticize the GM all I want, but they tried. So did Bosh. Sometimes, in sports, you can think you're doing the right thing and it just doesn't work. It's easy in hindsight to point things out, but I highly doubt the GM thought to himself "Let me throw all this money at mediocre players so this team will suck!" Bosh did his 7 yrs here, Toronto wasn't competitive, he did all he could and he went to the best possible basketball situation. That's all that happened. Believe it or not, he didn't hate it here.

And I've been to South Beach. Talk about something different in the air.... That place is where women who are 8s are the desperate ones.
                            I agree with EVERY word you wrote here! Including the South Beach women!

Comment

Can't wait for Bosh to blow his MCL carrying Wade and Lebron's luggage
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                              X