Raptors Tried To Sign Joel Anthony

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors Tried To Sign Joel Anthony

Mike Higgins, who represents Anthony and Watson, is pleased with the outcome for both players.

"It wasn't the money," Higgins said of Anthony remaining with Miami. "Toronto really wanted him. New York and New Jersey were prepared to offer him more money.
    Source: Las Vegas Review-Journal

he must have wanted to eb a part of the dream team pretty bad. but, they have 4 centers i don't see him getting any time with at least illgauskas, and magloire in front of him in the rotation.

should have came to his homeland it was honestly his best chance to get minutes or new york.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

I don't know. Both Big Z and Magloire slow and can't guard their own shadows at this stage in their careers. I could actually see him starting and Magloire rotting on the bench.

Comment

Yeah I see Magloire as the odd man out, not Anthony. I think it'll be Big Z starting, with Joel Anthony backing him up.

Comment

meh, he's a defensive presence off the bench in miami and it'll stay that way. lebron however did say in "the decision"(dudududuh) that he'll be passing it for open looks to bosh and wade and not noly them but it could be joel and chalmers. which i found interesting.
          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

Mags only got 10 minutes/game last season.

Comment

Funny how the best current NBA centers in Canada, Magloire/Anthony, are both in Miami with Bosh not in TO with Bargnani. I remember Magloire broadcasting the playoffs when Bosh name came when discussing potential f/a destinations he looked all snug like he already knew the deal but didn't say anything about it.

Anthony will most likely start as he is a defensive big who doesn't need to touch the ball on offense with Big Z providing offense and Big Cat providing defense off the bench behind JAnthony in my mind. Pittman, Miami's 4th roster center, will be a project- if Miami doesn't forgive the unsigned Shaq.

Comment

"magloire in front of him in the rotation"

Uh, no. He's a washed up never was. My left nut would get minutes ahead of him.

Magloire, the loser,will have his contract bought out and he will vanish from the NBA, having wasted his talent and his opportunities.

Comment

Ilgauskas is pretty much done. I can't see him playing more than 20 mins per game. Magloire is almost there as well. Anthony will get some PT, but it won't be as much as he'd like, especially with Haslem back in the fold.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                    Ilgauskas is pretty much done. I can't see him playing more than 20 mins per game. Magloire is almost there as well. Anthony will get some PT, but it won't be as much as he'd like, especially with Haslem back in the fold.
                    exactly on a teamwhere your starting pf averages 40 min a game and two guys backing him up and 3 other guys competing with you at center you are going to have to earn minutes the hard way.

Comment

That's all Miami needs is 20 miutes a game- if that as they will blow alot of teams out, from Big Z. Magloire still is very useful as a defensive big and is only 32. As long as Magloire doesn't get Reggie Evans with the ball ie know his role, he'll fit in well to just board & D up while scoring off of offensive rebounds and/or put backs.

Comment

SirChillyMost wrote: View Post
                        That's all Miami needs is 20 miutes a game- if that as they will blow alot of teams out, from Big Z. Magloire still is very useful as a defensive big and is only 32. As long as Magloire doesn't get Reggie Evans with the ball ie know his role, he'll fit in well to just board & D up while scoring off of offensive rebounds and/or put backs.
                        I think what you'll see happen is Illgauskas starting, but lifted pretty quickly in favour of Haslem. Haslem is gonna see a lot of minutes playing undersized 5.

Comment

I think what you'll see happen is Illgauskas starting, but lifted pretty quickly in favour of Haslem. Haslem is gonna see a lot of minutes playing undersized 5.
                          I can see that as well. Miami can throw out some very lethal line ups.

Haslem
                          Bosh
                          Miller
                          Wade
                          James

Comment

SirChillyMost wrote: View Post
                            I can see that as well. Miami can throw out some very lethal line ups.

Haslem
                            Bosh
                            Miller
                            Wade
                            James
                            I got the chills looking at that lineup. It's scary.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                              I don't know. Both Big Z and Magloire slow and can't guard their own shadows at this stage in their careers. I could actually see him starting and Magloire rotting on the bench.
                              Dude, you don't cease to make me laugh...lol. That was too funny. But, I agree with you that Joel will probably get more minutes when they find out that Big-Z and Magloire won't be able to keep up with the younger more athletic Bigs that are coming into the league. As well as the guards that are gonna breeze by them for lay-ups and probably dunks.
                              Last edited by GameBreaker; Mon Jul 26, 2010, 06:40 PM.
                              The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
                              Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
                              www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
                              http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
                              http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

Working...
                              X