No announcement yet.

Is This The Real Problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which is why I think getting rid of Bargs for someone more worthy on defense, as well as being more of a leader on the floor. He's the last piece to go, IMO. Bargs is a complimentary piece and not someone that I would build around. This is the only knock that I have against BC, and that's the issue of him holding on to his Italian Stallion, knowing that he's not much of a contributor in the paint for defense.
    The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
    Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
    www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
    http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
    http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

drafting players is the key way to attract free agents. Seems like BC knows what he is doing (DeMar, Andrea, Davis, maybe Solo). I would give it 1-2 draft years to get some more good prospects and then we have our very own OKC in TO. Lets just hope that if a new GM comes in he doesn't have a damn firesale and give away those assets to build his own team.

Comment

Priest wrote: View Post
        drafting players is the key way to attract free agents. Seems like BC knows what he is doing (DeMar, Andrea, Davis, maybe Solo). I would give it 1-2 draft years to get some more good prospects and then we have our very own OKC in TO. Lets just hope that if a new GM comes in he doesn't have a damn firesale and give away those assets to build his own team.
        how can you use andrea demar and ed davis as evidence to prove bc knows what he's doing ?

none of these players have proven themselves yet...

i like the picks but it's too early to tell especially since he passed on b. roy, r. rondo, b. jennings, d. collison, and p. millsap.
        Last edited by vinnie_paz; Mon Jul 26, 2010, 07:31 PM.

Comment

vinnie_paz wrote: View Post
          how can you use andrea demar and ed davis as evidence to prove bc knows what he's doing ?

i like the picks but it's too early to tell especially since he passed on b. roy, r. rondo, b. jennings, d. collison, and p. millsap.
          Its a young core, Yes he could have had those players, The Bobcats also could have had B.Roy but they went with Morrison because he was supposed to be awesome.. 20 other teams passed on Rondo. Drafting players takes a lot of scouting, coaching and luck. It would have been hard for BC or any other GM to see into the future and realize that B.Roy was better plus the other players you mention. The fact that he has drafted young players and not used them as trade bait plus with more to come was my point in how he has been building a young team. Your point is we should only draft proven prospects...well next draft day come on to the forum and tell us who the next superstar is other than the legit#1-2 picks.

Comment

There are 2 teams in LA, but players only want to do to 1. It's about winning and nothing else.

Speaking as an Aussie you Torontarians/Canadians need to get over your "little Brother inferiority complex", be proud of your city/country and if no player from the US wants to play for you then fuck em your better off without them, get over it move on.

Comment

vinnie_paz wrote: View Post

i dont think you can really "pass on" anybody on the draft, unless of course you passed on lebron james who the whole world believed was going to be great, i mean even from a third world country where i came from, we already knew lebron before he was even drafted. sorry to be using lebron as an example but i think he is the only player in the history of the NBA so far, who was a legit #1 pick in the draft and lived upto the hype, my guess is Wall would do the same someday, but anyways....i dont think you can really be sure of a player before you draft him, youll only know after he plays in the nba, so its not fair to say that BC passed up on Roy, rondo, etc, if they knew they were going to be that good, dont you think they wouldve taken them??? like i said, its all luck and perfect timing. do you think if roy ended up with the lakers, we'd be hearing how good he is right now? you think he'd have a chance of developing behind kobe? it was perfect timing he ended up in a team the needed a SG, and not a knack to him because he really stepped up to the challenge, but what im saying is if he ended up with kobe, he wont get the chance to be a superstar. like collison now, everybody's saying he's good, but if he's going to play behind paul, all he is is a super sub.

Comment

Its a young core, Yes he could have had those players, TThe fact that he has drafted young players and not used them as trade bait plus with more to come was my point in how he has been building a young team. Your point is we should only draft proven prospects...well next draft day come on to the forum and tell us who the next superstar is other than the legit#1-2 picks.
                no im not criticizing bc for not drafting those guys.... but you're giving him credit for drafting young players... well everyone in the draft is young... and so far everyone he has drafted hasnt proven themselves... i like dd, bargs, davis, and in fact i think alibi will be a great player... but you cant use ed davis and alibi as examples to prove bc knows what hez doing cuz they havnt even played a game yet...

Comment

Your po4int is we should only draft proven prospects...well next draft day come on to the forum and tell us who the next superstar is other than the legit#1-2 picks.
                  can you show me where i said this ??

and answer the question:

how can you use davis and alibi as examples that bc knows what hez doing regarding drafting ??

please and thanks...

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
                    i dont think you can really "pass on" anybody on the draft, unless of course you passed on lebron james who the whole world believed was going to be great, i mean even from a third world country where i came from, we already knew lebron before he was even drafted. sorry to be using lebron as an example but i think he is the only player in the history of the NBA so far, who was a legit #1 pick in the draft and lived upto the hype, my guess is Wall would do the same someday, but anyways....i dont think you can really be sure of a player before you draft him, youll only know after he plays in the nba, so its not fair to say that BC passed up on Roy, rondo, etc, if they knew they were going to be that good, dont you think they wouldve taken them??? like i said, its all luck and perfect timing. do you think if roy ended up with the lakers, we'd be hearing how good he is right now? you think he'd have a chance of developing behind kobe? it was perfect timing he ended up in a team the needed a SG, and not a knack to him because he really stepped up to the challenge, but what im saying is if he ended up with kobe, he wont get the chance to be a superstar. like collison now, everybody's saying he's good, but if he's going to play behind paul, all he is is a super sub.
                    what word would you have liked for me to use when trying to convey the point that gm x picked player y and not player z ??

tayshaun prince picked the number 22 on his jersey becuz he said 21 teams PASSED on him...
                    teams hav scouting reports... and then they make lists... when brandon roy's scouting report came up... bc just like many other gm's on him and put someone else higher on their own list...

so what are u talking about ??

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
                      look i like the picks bc has made, especially the last 3... my only point was that is is unfair to say bc knows what hez doing when drafting when so far none of his picks hav proven themselves... im not saying they wont... but just making picks doesnt mean you know what you're doing...

priest had written: "Seems like BC knows what he is doing (DeMar, Andrea, Davis, maybe Solo)"

well how can you use those examples to prove bc knows what he's doing ?

Comment

re: is it the city?

It's not us. It's them. 25% of American 12 year olds, that's grade 6-7, couldn't place Canada on an unmarked map of the world.

Comment

Working...
                        X