Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raptors Want To Sign Amundson? (July 2010)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors Want To Sign Amundson? (July 2010)

Via Twitter:
    warriorsworld: Warriors, Toronto and Charlotte showing the most interest in signing free agent big man Lou Amundson per Paul Coro of the AZ Republic

Do we really need another 3rd stringer big guy? im thinkin not. but i guess if we dont resign POB or Rasho... we kinda need one? as long as we sign a starting centre.... which I also dont see happening.

what ya think?
    Yes
    50.00%
    No
    50.00%

The poll is expired.

"Ball"

how's his defense? if its average ill take him lol

Comment

couldnt tell ya, havent seen him play much.... basically because he hasnt played much. He averages 4.0 pts and 3.6 rbs a game...
      "Ball"

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0hQxQZneRI&feature=fvst

I am on the fence with this one

Comment

Raptors Want To Sign Amundson

Amundson said Charlotte, Golden State and Toronto have shown interest in signing him.
          Source: AZCentral.com

Comment

Is this him trying to gain leverage because I don't see why the Raptors would add another PF.

Comment

If he's gonna be scooped up with the rest of the MLE, then I'm definitely on board. I like Amundson. He's a tough customer, brings energy, athletic and grabs boards. Think Andy Varejao without the hair and not as overpaid. It may seem somewhat redundant especially with the PF position, but this is another asset we'd be collecting. For the 1M + remaining we have, we could do a lot worse. I think the stamp that Colangelo wants to put on this team is a gritty, athletic, tough team.

Comment

Amundson is defense and energy. For what's left over of the MLE, why not? It's all about collecting assets.

Comment

I think he would be the backup center....Undersized yes...Welcome to small ball....

Comment

this is a guy that I wanted on this team for his grit defense and rebounding good to see BC going after those type of guys
                    ya dun noe

Comment

nothing wrong with trotting out 2 PF's at the same time... as long as 1 of them can hold their own on defence and gobble up rebounds (even better if both can do it).

think: antonio davis and charles oakley. 2 PF's playing at the same time, with Davis playing center and doing a hell of a job at it. In fact, that 4/5 tandem led the NBA in rebounds.

The only problem we have is Bargs, who sure as hell can't rebound like Oak.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                        Amundson is defense and energy. For what's left over of the MLE, why not? It's all about collecting assets.
                        Why not? Because he'd take playing time away from the assets the club already has signed and who need time on the court to develop. Amundson's ceiling is about right where he is now as a player, if he's stealing minutes from Amir and Ed Davis then I'd call that counter productive in the long term.

Comment

This works if they use him to split minutes at the backup 5 spot with Alabi. He's short, but between Bargs and Alabi - both 7 footers - there should be room for a player like him, as it seema he can board and play solid D. Particularly if he can be had for what's left of our MLE. Essentially, Raps MLE for Kleiza and Amundson. Both solid, if unspectacular. Kinda puts the Raps in a holding pattern while their younger players develop.

Comment

Every team has guys like him warming the bench. He'll probably be eating up prime bench real estate and nothing more. They could use him sometimes when Amir has 3 fouls after the first quarter and Bargnani is taking a breather.

Comment

@Lark Benson

So what you're saying is that we don't need a guy that brings a defensive first mentality or rebounds at a better clip than Johnson or in case Johnson committs 3 fouls in 3 minutes? Because, you know, we're bursting at the seams with defensive first bigs.
                              Last edited by MangoKid; Tue Jul 27, 2010, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X