Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raptors Want To Sign Amundson? (July 2010)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MangoKid wrote: View Post
    If he's gonna be scooped up with the rest of the MLE, then I'm definitely on board. I like Amundson. He's a tough customer, brings energy, athletic and grabs boards. Think Andy Varejao without the hair and not as overpaid. It may seem somewhat redundant especially with the PF position, but this is another asset we'd be collecting. For the 1M + remaining we have, we could do a lot worse. I think the stamp that Colangelo wants to put on this team is a gritty, athletic, tough team.
    oh, he's still got th ahir he justs outs it in a pony and i'm on the border. so,i'm going to judge men and say no becausei don't like dude's with pony tails.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

We already have enough PF's to fill two rosters. What we need is a starting Centre because if we want to get the most out of Bargnani, he has to play the PF position. Given the current roster though, Bargnani will have to play Centre and I think that's a bad place for him.

Comment

i love amundsen. but god help us if we sign him. he is similar to amir (tougher and better motor) but without the upside/pffence

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
          Is this him trying to gain leverage because I don't see why the Raptors would add another PF.
          amundson can also play the 5 as well, albeit a small 5, but one that can provide some defence and rebounding to help balance out bargs defensive defeciencies

Comment

Louis Amundson

He's a great rebounder. Great energy, and doesn't mind playing sub-20 minutes a game. He would bring the rebounding and defence we desperately need. And apparently we've "shown interest" in signing him!

"Louis Amundson made a lot of friends. His popularity in Phoenix over the past two seasons prompted nearly as much local interest in his free-agency future but he said it still appears that won't keep him in Phoenix. 'It's too bad Phoenix didn't value me enough to keep me around,' Amundson said. 'I felt like it was a great situation and I gave everything I have. It's a business and I'm trying to have a thick skin. I was always concerned (about the chances). Knowing they signed Hakim Warrick(notes) and Channing for that much money ($30 million over five years), that was not a good sign.' Amundson said Charlotte, Golden State and Toronto have shown interest in signing him. His hopes of landing in Denver, near his Boulder, Colo., roots, fizzled once the Nuggets signed Al Harrington(notes). 'We're talking pretty seriously with a lot of teams,' said Amundson's agent, Mark Bartelstein, who represents another free-agent big man (Mark Blount(notes)) that has the Suns' interest. 'He's the best big on the market."
            http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/bal...urn=nba-258728

Last year he managed 4.7 points and 4.4(1.6 offensive) rebounds and nearly a block (.9) in just under 15 minutes a game. I watched a few of his games, he fights for every rebound and is a great defender. Great player behind Bargs, a big improvement over Andersen. And his great rebounding and defense, and decent offense will give Bargs a little fight for his minutes!
            Link to his stats: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/player...?playerId=3041

Comment

Too late now.

He gone to the Hornets

STEIN_LINE_HQ

Amundson deal includes player option for Year 2 and starts above $2 mil. Hornets couldn't pay more than $1.9 mil in Year 1 w/out tax trouble 3 minutes ago via TweetDeck
              Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
              Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

to be honest there's a lot of other guys similair to amundson, out there. so, it's not that big a deal.
                If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

buddah he went to the warriors not the hornets,

Power forward Louis Amundson, arguably the NBA's top remaining unsigned free agent with just two weeks left before training camps open, has agreed to a new deal with the Golden State Warriors, according to his representative.
                  The deal is a two-year contract worth nearly $5 million, according to sources close to the situation. Amundson, who has traveled to Oakland to sign the deal later Monday, will receive a player option for the second season.
                  http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5567423

Comment

2.5 mil a season? That's kinda what Humphries got from us. He's not as good as Humphries on the glass, but he's more athletic. It's kinda puzzling that they'd let Morrow go, but pay Amundson. I guess someone's gotta hold down a big man position till Udoh comes back.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                      2.5 mil a season? That's kinda what Humphries got from us. He's not as good as Humphries on the glass, but he's more athletic. It's kinda puzzling that they'd let Morrow go, but pay Amundson. I guess someone's gotta hold down a big man position till Udoh comes back.
                      Oh, Amundson is better on the glass then you would think! He's better than Humphries for sure!

Oh well. Still other big men we can look for I guess :/

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
                        Oh, Amundson is better on the glass then you would think! He's better than Humphries for sure!

Oh well. Still other big men we can look for I guess :/
                        I think Raptors fans will be pleasantly surprised by his game.

Not that I expect anything earth shattering from him.

However he should be able to more than hold his own on defense and rebounding for whatever minutes he gets off of the bench.

We shall see
                        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

My bad. I should have known better than to rely on anyone from ESPN for anything accurate

Golden State Warriors sign Louis Amundson
                          Posted by Inside Hoops

The Golden State Warriors have signed free agent forward Louis Amundson to a contract, the team announced today. Per team policy, terms of the agreement were not released.

Amundson, 27, appeared in 79 regular-season games last season for the Phoenix Suns, averaging 4.7 points and 4.4 rebounds in 14.8 minutes per contest – all of which were career bests. A key member of the Suns rotation who came off the bench in all 79 games, Amundson played 20-or-more minutes in 14 regular-season games last year, averaging 9.1 points, 6.9 rebounds, 2.14 blocks and 22.1 minutes in those contests. The 6’9’’ forward also appeared in all 16 of Phoenix’s postseason games, averaging 2.9 points and 3.5 rebounds in 12.1 minutes per game as the Suns advanced to the Western Conference Finals.

“We feel very fortunate to add a player like Lou to our roster as we approach the beginning of training camp,” said General Manager Larry Riley.
                          http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=6505

Comment

Pity he signed with GSW He would have been great, we could get rid of Alabi/Andersen

Comment

Working...
                            X