Should The Raptors Sign Delonte West?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should The Raptors Sign Delonte West?

The Timberwolves will waive guard Delonte West, who they acquired in a trade with the Cavaliers on Monday night, according to sources.

Marc J. Spears of Yahoo! Sports wrote the following on his Twitter page moments after the trade was officially completed.

Cleveland acquired Ramon Sessions, Ryan Hollins and a second round pick in 2013 from Minnesota in exchange for West and Sebastian Telfair.
    http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar...to_waive_west/

So should the Raptors try and sign him?

edit: Mods can you please make the poll public thanks. I forgot to make it public when I made it and there is no option to edit the poll.
    Yes
    21.74%
    No
    78.26%
    Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Tue Jul 27, 2010, 12:32 AM.

Hide your moms.

Comment

yea i voted yes so he could fuck rashos mom. jk

im definitely on the fence with this one.
      "Ball"

Comment

Too bad Delonte wasnt around when VC was here! maybe then his mom would have had more to do then complain about her parking space LOL

Im sure delonte would love the CHRONIC in T.O! LOL
        Last edited by DoNDaDDa; Tue Jul 27, 2010, 01:10 AM.

Comment

No. We are already guard heavy (specifically combo guards Jack and LB) as it is, and adding him won't make us significantly better, not to mention his history with off the court issues. Wouldn't make sense.

Comment

No we already have Barbie running the show at the backup Guard position, there is also the reason why Anthony Parker got the starting job nod over West because at 6ft3 he has trouble guarding this position.

Beside's the guy has personal issues as well which is well known and best not to be involved with.

Comment

Absolutely not.

Comment

WORST...IDEA...EVER!!! I should ban you for even suggesting the idea!!!!

Comment

lol @ the 3 yes votes so far. Why on earth would we want Delonte West when the Cavs, in a similar situation to our own, traded him away. And if the Cavs hadn't traded him away, they would've waived him for the cap relief too.

Comment

The talent is there, but the mind is elsewhere. Delonte is good for doing something crazy at least once a year. I'd pass simply because I wouldn't want this guy being an influence on the younger guys on the team. He could (operative word here is COULD) be effective on a team that has veterans to keep him in check. Perhaps Boston. Wouldn't it be funny if he landed on Miami?

Comment

No. No no no. And no one more time.

Jack, Jose, Banks, Barbosa, Belinelli, DeRozan, Weems. Those 6 players play at the 2 positions West can play. Even assuming Jose, Banks, and Beli are gone soon (big assumption) I'm sure the Raps would prefer to bring in someone like Bobby Brown for 3rd stringer PG, rather than paying West more money to play sparing minutes behind Jack, Barbosa, DeRozan and Weems.

Oh, and one more no for good measure. NO.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Any player which is waived triggers a new thread on forum: Should we signed him?
                        No, no, no ... Delonte West is not what Raptors needs now, let him retire and move to Akron.

Comment

Sure and while you're at it we should also nab Beasley, and Arenas and every other loser in the NBA. Would be awesome having to watch a game with a bullet proof vest on!! The guy is a pure loser and inches from a prison sentence where he will fit in much better than in the NBA!

Comment

What would Dalonte West bring to the Raps that isn't already being provided by Jack/Calderon/Barbosa?
                            Last edited by James Ballswin (Realizar); Tue Jul 27, 2010, 12:46 PM.
                            RR OG

Comment

Marz wrote: View Post
                              lol @ the 3 yes votes so far. Why on earth would we want Delonte West when the Cavs, in a similar situation to our own, traded him away. And if the Cavs hadn't traded him away, they would've waived him for the cap relief too.
                              I'm one of the three votes...I accidenatlly clicked "yes"...oops!

Comment

Working...
                              X