No announcement yet.

Hollinger Thinks The Raptors Are Losers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JO hasn't hit a jumpshot in a very long time.
    Last edited by Krix; Tue Jul 27, 2010, 08:41 PM. Reason: grammar

Comment

Sadly, at the moment we are. The team needs to prove themselves this year and reach the playoffs without Bosh. That'll teach the critics.
      Raptors fan for life....sadly.

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
        The Vegas over/under right now is 27. Seems bang on.
        Maybe. But, if the coach can get them to play any kind of defense,
        they may as well win 42

Comment

vinnie_paz wrote: View Post
          thanks, i was gona reply to mo-sales post but knew it would take long...
          You guys would rather have Lopez then Bargs eh...wow....that's like wanting Raymond Felton instead of Derrick Rose, or Louis Amundson instead of KG....shocking

Comment

Babyface_killah wrote: View Post
            How is KG and JO the worst front court in the NBA?????? At worst they will play great defense and hit the open jumpshot. Amir to me isn't that great of rebounder to cover Bargnani's rebounding woes. I like Amir but he isn't the ideal front court player with Bargs.

The nets will be much better next year. The biggest problem with that team last year was the injuries (they had TON of injuries) and that they were very undisciplined. The latter part will be fixed with new Nets coaching staff (Avery will be able to control T-will) and I think they can stay healthy, plus I would MUCH rather have Brook Lopez as my starting 5 than Andrea Bargnani.
            JO was washed up before he left Indy and KG has been living off his reputation for two years. Combined they barely give you one healthy knee and individually they have become two finesse player's who don't get to the line, barely protect the rim, slowly meander up the court and are one awkward landing away from fading into the sunset. At worst they will slow down Rondo, use up thier fouls overcompensating for thier lack of speed on defense, take too many fadeaways and run out of gas halfway through the season after failing to keep up with the speed and youth that trademarks almost every other team in the league.

As far as NJ is concerned, yes injuries played a pivotal role in thier embarrassment of a season and I always contended that they weren't as bad as thier record, but you are sorely confused if you think Brook Lopez is anything other than Bargs with a low post game. The nets defense was over 5ppg better with him on the bench and I don't even know who thier backup center is. Pairing Lopez with Favors is going to be an unmitigated disaster when it comes to keeping points off the board.

Your right that Amir isn't the ideal pairing for Bargs, but he is infinitely better than Bosh when it comes to defense and hustle, but rebounding is again going to be the raptors biggest weakness.

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
              You guys would rather have Lopez then Bargs eh...wow....that's like wanting Raymond Felton instead of Derrick Rose, or Louis Amundson instead of KG....shocking
              was this supposed to be sarastic ??

Comment

mo-sales wrote: View Post
                JO was washed up before he left Indy and KG has been living off his reputation for two years. Combined they barely give you one healthy knee and individually they have become two finesse player's who don't get to the line, barely protect the rim, slowly meander up the court and are one awkward landing away from fading into the sunset. At worst they will slow down Rondo, use up thier fouls overcompensating for thier lack of speed on defense, take too many fadeaways and run out of gas halfway through the season after failing to keep up with the speed and youth that trademarks almost every other team in the league.
                umm ok...just go check out kg's playoff stats for 2010

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/kevin_garnett/index.html

Comment

Working...
                X