The New Raps Will Be A +0.500 Playoff Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arenick wrote: View Post
    I completely agree. If we see DD and Bargs develop into 20+ players, then this team is playoff bound for sure. Demar is our future, and he has to really step it up this year. For the team, and for his future.
    I don't mean to be a jerk, but this is exactly the kind of thing that drives me nuts. Next season depends on a lot more than whether a couple of guys can increase their scoring averages, and scoring averages are NOT the measure of an offensive player. The Raps finished 5th in the league last year in PPG, how far did that get them?

Comment

we will be near the basement of the east this year i hate to admit it but its clearly obvious

Comment

insight_tor wrote: View Post
        ...with the defensive strategy still to be developed.
        Yep, with Bosh gone a new play book has to be written and a defensive strategy that
        works from the first game has to be developed, and still our coach has time to coach the Yanks.
        He must be very good/fast or we are very dumb paying him

Comment

hateslosing wrote: View Post
          I think it's way too early to start making predictions about this team, I mean we just lost our best player and really have no idea what the team is going to look like or what system we are going to run.

I do think this team has potential to be a playoff team but it is going to come down to three players: Bargs, Amir, and DD. If Bargs can take on the role of primary scorer and get maybe 22 a game at a fairly high percentage, If Amir can stay on the floor for 30 minutes a game at the same intensity level we saw last season, and if Demar can turn up the heat and become our secondary offensive threat I think you'll see an even better, more efficient offense than what we had even this last season.The Defense Will improve this season due to the addition of a couple new guys and Demar getting stronger.I'm excited.
          first you say "its way too early to start making predictions"
          then you say this team's success you predict comes down to 3 players...

Comment

vinnie_paz wrote: View Post
            first you say "its way too early to start making predictions"
            then you say this team's success you predict comes down to 3 players...
            It's too early to make predictions about this team because of those 3 players. I don't think we are adding another big name to this roster this summer, we might see a bit more roster turnover but not much I think so I don't think that's going to be a big deal from this point on. The variables this season are how Amir, Demar, and Bargs play and it is far too early to make a judgement on that front since we don't know how much they have improved, what our playbook looks like, or even what our starting five is going to consist of. If they step up and we see things like Amir not fouling out and playing great garbage man ball, Bargs fighting for boards and helping on D, and Demar fighting through screens and scoring 15 ppg at a high percentage, this will be a dangerous team. If we see no improvement, we'll be the Nets or worse, the Timberwolves. What I meant when I said it is too early to make win loss predictions is we can't know if our guys have imporved or not and we really won't be able to say "playoff team" with any surety until we've seen these guys play 20 or 30 games in the new system.
            "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

Working...
            X