Bucks: Jennings, Salmons, Maggette, Gooden, Bogut
    Magic: Nelson, Carter, Pietrus, Lewis, Howard
    Bulls: Rose, Brewer, Deng, Boozer, Noah

And I'd argue that even these 4 are better than Raps:
    Wizards: Wall, Arenas, Thornton, Blatche, McGee
    Sixers: Holiday, Turner, Iggy, Young, Brand
    Knicks: Felton, Azubuike, Gallinari, Randolph, Stoudemire
    Nets: Harris, Lee, Outlaw, Favors, Lopez

So what are we realistically talking about? Maybe 11th seed in the East? Disappointed? We shouldn't be, we can get a good player in next draft and let our young core get heavy minutes which will do them wonders. Can we surprise people? It's possible if we really start dominating the offensive glass and playing team defense. Think Houston early last season before that idiotic trade they made. But I wouldn't bet on it, Chandler and Barnes could have been the recipes for this kind of play, without them I just don't see Kleiza or Jack becoming lockdown defenders, much less Bargs becoming a monster on the glass either. I hope that BC comes up with something good in February when underachieving teams look to shed salary (dare I say Josh Smith guys?) But the next 18 months will determine if we come up with a true contender in 4 years time, or if another 5 seasons of 35-40 wins. But this summer looks promising after a long time.

Leave a comment:

• Multipaul
    replied
    Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
    Please explain to me why I'm considered a "hater" because I don't share the same optimism as yourself? I love the Raptors and I always will. I'll be the first one to eat crow here if I'm wrong, but based on what I see on paper right now I don't think we can be considered a "playoff contender". There's still time for BC to work his so called "magic" before the start of next season, but the his options right now appear to be bleak.
    UR right, sorry. Hater is the wrong word. My bad.

Leave a comment:

• Doc
    replied
    Multipaul wrote: View Post
    So many haters out there eh, I think if everyone goes in with a winning mentality good things will happen this year. We have a good core of young talent that likes playing here and like each other.
    Please explain to me why I'm considered a "hater" because I don't share the same optimism as yourself? I love the Raptors and I always will. I'll be the first one to eat crow here if I'm wrong, but based on what I see on paper right now I don't think we can be considered a "playoff contender". There's still time for BC to work his so called "magic" before the start of next season, but the his options right now appear to be bleak.

Leave a comment:

• Multipaul
    replied
    insight_tor wrote: View Post
    I don't think is fair to call them haters ... maybe nonbelievers
    Or....future believers...

Leave a comment:

• insight_tor
    replied
    So many haters out there eh, I think if everyone goes in with a winning mentality good things will happen this year. We have a good core of young talent that likes playing here and like each other.
    I don't think is fair to call them haters ... maybe nonbelievers

Leave a comment:

• Mr.Grinch
    replied
    The raps are better than the knicks

Leave a comment:

• Multipaul
    replied
    Marz wrote: View Post
    I don't see why everyone is so afraid of the playoffs. So what if we get swept? It's 4 more games of experience. And if we do it with a record greater than .500, I'd say it's a step in the right direction. "Rebuilding" involves two things: adding young talent, and growing as a team. You don't grow as a team when you have a losing mentality.

Leave a comment:

• MangoKid
    replied
    Marz wrote: View Post
    I don't see why everyone is so afraid of the playoffs. So what if we get swept? It's 4 more games of experience. And if we do it with a record greater than .500, I'd say it's a step in the right direction. "Rebuilding" involves two things: adding young talent, and growing as a team. You don't grow as a team when you have a losing mentality.
    I don't think anyone is afraid of the playoffs. I'd love it if we made it - even if were were 4 and out. I don't think we'll get to .500 though..or make the playoffs.

Leave a comment:

• Marz
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Multipaul
    replied
    I don't think we need a clean slate to rebuild. We have lots of firepower here that will finally be able to flourish now that el ballsticker is with the el heat.

Leave a comment:

• insight_tor
    replied
    Well, there is still a lot of time till the end of next season and BC still has some assets: expiring contracts (Evans/Banks/Belinelli), TPE, all Raptors first round picks + 1 first from Miami, Jose or/and Jack. If BC will turn part of these assets into something good, then yes, Raptors could be a .500+ team, otherwise is hard to believe Raptors as is right now will achieve that much next season. First part of the season is going to be the traditional "gelling" time ... Bargs to learn how to play while double teamed, the young gunz to play increased roles and with the defensive strategy still to be developed.

Leave a comment:

• Doc
    replied
    I don't think it is "clearly" a rebuild team. What's the prose of choice right now...re-tooled?
    Retooling? Retooling what? We missed the playoffs so we're retooling a roster to miss the playoffs once again? Maybe mediocrity sits well with most Raptors fans, but I'm getting tired of it now. Now I know how it feels to be a Leafs fan.

It's time to start from scratch and build it properly just as long as BC doesn't trade away our draft picks. And outside of a couple questionable contracts on our team now, the slate is almost clean.

Leave a comment:

• Multipaul
    replied
    Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
    I wish I could share the same sentiment as you Paul, but this isn't a playoff contending team. Clearly a rebuild now, the effort will likely be there (moreso this season compared to last), but the talent isn't there. I'm excited to watch the development of guys like Davis, DeRozan and Weems, but unless there are still more moves to come, we'll be near the basement of the EC next season.
    I don't think it is "clearly" a rebuild team. What's the prose of choice right now...re-tooled?

Leave a comment:

• Doc
    replied
    I wish I could share the same sentiment as you Paul, but this isn't a playoff contending team. Clearly a rebuild now, the effort will likely be there (moreso this season compared to last), but the talent isn't there. I'm excited to watch the development of guys like Davis, DeRozan and Weems, but unless there are still more moves to come, we'll be near the basement of the EC next season.

Leave a comment:

• Multipaul
    replied
    TRX wrote: View Post
    Being a sixth to eight seed in the East is a joke. You don't even have to be .500 to be one. If that's all you're arguing we can be, that doesn't mean much. Since the team as currently constructed isn't going to win a championship, why does it matter where they finish - as long as it's not with something ridiculous like ten wins? It's all the same unless you're making a championship run or trying to be terrible. I don't think the Raptors are doing either.
    Being 6-8th seed in the East is something we HAVEN'T been in a long time dude, it WOULD be an accomplishment for us! I would much rather be watching the Raps on ABC in May/June than not!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X