X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smith Is 100% Certain More Deals Are To Come

This from Doug's blog this morning:

Of course there’s more coming.

It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out that Bryan cannot be done yet in his summer moves; I fully expect he’ll find a taker for Jose Calderon – although I’m still not sure that’s the wisest thing to do – and I know he’s been trying to move Reggie Evans, if at all possible.

I don’t know when stuff might happen but I am 100 per cent certain – and this comes from talking to people here and around the league – that more is to be done before we can even think about assessing the summer of activity.

That’s the thing about this time of year. Sure, we can look at each individual deal and wonder if it’s good or bad or somewhere in between (and somewhere in between is pretty much how you can look at everything) but the total package has to be assembled before a full assessment can be made.

And we are certainly not there yet.
    Source - Click here

Only last week didn't Doug say that the end of July is when he expected all moves to be completed and anything else would probably take place during the season?

Comment

Doug Smith knows as much about whether the Raptors will do a meaningful deal between now and the beginning of the 10-11 season as the "The Raptor" does.

In fact Smith may know even less about the subject

Position: Mascot/Fan Exciter
      Height: 5’9” (he looks much bigger on TV)
      Weight: 165 lbs. of pure solid fur!
      NBA Experience: 9 Years
      High School: Jurassic High
      College: University of Dinosaurus
      Offseason Home: Toronto, and maybe a few golf courses!!
      Acquired: Only living Raptor left, so it was a natural fit!
      Career Transactions: Once a Raptor, Always a Raptor!
      Contract Status: I’m here for life and loving every minute of it!

Career Highlights:
      Over the past nine seasons, the Raptor has made more than 3,500 appearances all over Toronto, Canada, and North America. The Raptor has even performed in Europe in such places as England, Belgium and Holland. In fact, The Raptor has been the only mascot invited back not twice but four times to the Holland Basketball Week Tournament!

Other Little Tidbits:
      # Has a .989 successful dunking percentage, that’s pretty good!!!
      # Named Rookie Mascot of the Year in 1996
      # Attended NBA All-Star Game in 1997
      # Has signed 46, 271 autographs (his hand is pretty sore!)
      # Starred in a NIKE Fun Police commercial
      # Has eaten 93 pounds of popcorn and not one kernel got stuck in his teeth!
      # Single-handedly helped the Toronto Raptors win their first-ever playoff series (well, he was in the building so that’s pretty close!)
      # Voted most popular mascot in the NBA (Three years and running , by the way!)

Personal:
      http://www.nba.com/raptors/raptorcom/raptor_bio.html
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

This guy is Mr. Obvious. Of course more deals are to come, we have four PGs on the roster, one of whom we already tried to trade once.

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
          This guy is Mr. Obvious. Of course more deals are to come, we have four PGs on the roster, one of whom we already tried to trade once.
          I count one pure PG Calderon

Jack is a combo guard

Banks is a useless PG

Babosa is like Weems. Both can handle the ball but neither is good enough to play the Point Guard position
          Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
          Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
            I count one pure PG Calderon

Jack is a combo guard

Banks is a useless PG

Babosa is like Weems. Both can handle the ball but neither is good enough to play the Point Guard position
            ... and Weems is a horrible passer - so will not see one minute of point guard duty.

Comment

What evidence do you have for Weems being a bad passer? I think he can get some pretty decent looks for others.
              It's about money

Comment

philwill wrote: View Post
                What evidence do you have for Weems being a bad passer? I think he can get some pretty decent looks for others.
                It hard to say if he is good or bad, since he rarely ever passes the ball

Comment

If Smith is 100% certain that there is more deals to come ... we should print up the programs for next year.

Comment

Weems can be a good alley-oop fisher. His passing is good enough because he doesn't't need to be a flashy passer to be good passer. And Banks is NOT a shitty point guard. He is just overpaid for the minutes he gets.
                    The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
                    Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
                    www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
                    http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
                    http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

Anyone with half a brain can make that statement after looking at the current Raptor roster. Not mention that Jose was traded away only to have the trade not go through plus BC wants to move Bargnani back to his natural position of PF so a center is a must unless BC is just going to roll with his PF line up as is. Banks is solid as a back up pg (I would keep him) and actually plays very good defense.

BC needs to trade Bargnani, Jose for some quality veteran talent to place around the YG'z.

Comment

I think our biggest trade chip is Bargs. BC needs to stop holding on to a player who likes to sit around the 3 point area. The same way we like to change a player's position is how we should treat Bargs. He should only be allowed to shoot 3s at certain times. Fuck he's 7 foot for God's sakes.
                        The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
                        Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
                        www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
                        http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
                        http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

Working...
                        X