• vinnie_paz
    replied
    Red and White wrote: View Post
    his next move...resign
    +1

Leave a comment:

• RaptorsFan4Life
    replied
    Get a defensive minded C and move Bargnani to PF.

Leave a comment:

• Red and White
    replied
    his next move...resign

Leave a comment:

• Fully
    replied
    Continue to try and move Calderon for either another young asset(s) and/or some cap relief, although I may wait until the season has begun and Calderon has begun (hopefully) to play well. His trade value could not be any lower right now after he was practically out the door already this offseason.

Allow the season to run it's course and give all the young guys a chance to play. This is not a roster that can move to contender status with one solitary move so stop trying to hit a home run and begin building in a different way. The Raps may land a top 5 pick and coupled with some salary cap relief over the next two seasons, could look to add some major pieces that way.

Cliff notes: Try to get rid of our bad contracts while not taking any more bad ones on in return. Do not hinder the growth of our existing players looking for a quick fix.

Leave a comment:

• da_goose09
    replied
    I like the Hibbert and Dunleavy idea for Jose, but it would have to be tweaked..

The Pacers wouldn't be the ones giving up the pick, we would (future 2nd rounder). Plus we'd probably include Banks or Evans as well (and probably some cash).

Leave a comment:

• grindhouse
    replied
    Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    Take the current roster into training camp unless BC can trade Calderon for a better PG.

Then during training camp for the entire month of October focus on two things only

1. Conditioning - Run the guys ragged until they are grabbing their shorts. Two practices a day of this.
    2 Practice absolutely nothing but defense. Defense, defense and defense. Develop multiple defensive schemes one to suit each team and practice them for the whole month.
    +1

Leave a comment:

• grindhouse
    replied
    if they cant move calderon then go ito the season as is

Leave a comment:

• Balls of Steel
    replied
    Colangelo's more likely to trade his spleen than Bargs. Next year will be the first year where we see exactly what Bargs is made of. He wouldn't pass up that opportunity.

Leave a comment:

• Balls of Steel
    replied
    I agree. Wilson Chandler for Calderon. We also have to take additional salary though to balance things out. I'm in the few that think Okafor might work here as everyone (myself included), badly wants a defensive center to pair with Bargs. The guy is 27, played all 82 games in the past 3 years. Another possibility is Tolliver but he has to take less money.

Leave a comment:

• Hassan
    replied
    Pacers desperately need a pg and jose is a good pg so I think they would take it

Leave a comment:

• DoNDaDDa
    replied
    maybe if we package jose with evens we can land d.howard LOL

1.id most def like to land a quality starting center who can play excelent D.

2.id really like to get a allstar PG.

3. a starting SF who will terrorize other wings with there D

4. if demar doesnt pan out at the 2 trade for a franchise type SG or draft 1 in next years draft if theres 1 avail.
    Last edited by DoNDaDDa; Mon Aug 2, 2010, 01:40 AM.

Leave a comment:

• vinnie_paz
    replied
    Hassan wrote: View Post
    make a play for amundsen. trade jose for hibbert and mike dunleavey plus pacers 2nd round draft pick. trade banks and evans for another sf (defensive gritty)
    hahaah

so the pacers are to give up a potential 10 n 10 with a few blocks, mike dunleavy, a 2nd round pick, AND take jose's 3 year $30 million contract ?

why hibbert, why not say we want pau gasol and 2 1st rounders for jose ?

Leave a comment:

• Hassan
    replied
    make a play for amundsen. trade jose for hibbert and mike dunleavey plus pacers 2nd round draft pick. trade banks and evans for another sf (defensive gritty)

Leave a comment:

• vinnie_paz
    replied
    jrdyck wrote: View Post
    I
    As for who I'd target in a swap for Jose... Wilson Chandler would be a dream come true. Not sure Raymond Felton would be too thrilled, but D'Antoni? Who knows...
    im sure new york would give up chandler if we took curry's expiring contract.

Leave a comment:

• Hotshot
    replied
    Out of curiosity I wonder what Colangelo can get for Bargnani?! I doubt his value will ever be as high as it is today. I am sure Bargnani is currently's Colangelo highest tradeable asset.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X