NESN: Colangelo Is A Hypocrite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NESN: Colangelo Is A Hypocrite

It doesn't seem fair. Bosh and James worked hard for seven years to get to where they are -- they're now two of the most respected players in the game. Their bodies of work on the court speak for themselves. And all that respect is put in jeopardy over the words of a couple of bitter executives?

Think about it. If the two guys were quitters, then how could they have earned the respect of their teammates and their peers in the NBA?

If they were quitters, then what made them qualified to earn matching $110 million contracts with their new team?

If they were quitters, then why were they so heavily sought after this summer -- even by the very teams that were accusing them in the next breath?

That's the really crazy part. Gilbert spent the first week of the July free-agent signing period desperately trying to woo LeBron back to Cleveland. Colangelo tried the same with Bosh in Toronto, although in his case he knew it was probably a lost cause. And yet these same men turned their backs on their star players the minute they left, pretending their mutual respect never existed.

It's blatant revisionism, and yet here we are still talking about it. Colangelo and Gilbert have thrust themselves into the spotlight for petty, completely irrational reasons.

It's like a bitter ex-boyfriend or ex-girlfriend making a scene storming out. It's humiliating, and yet you just can't look away.

Eventually Colangelo and Gilbert will get over their lost loves and move on. Until then, the summer of sour grapes continues.
    Linky: NESN

Swirsky's Soldier said...

Actually Brian Colangelo never said Bosh quit. As was stated, he said Bosh 'checked out'. Which he did. The fans knew it, the media knew it and management knew it. It was talked about when it happened... and now after the fact. Where were you guys then? Did you not know, did you not care? Simply put, Bosh didn't put the same effort in that he had for the rest of his career.

Oh by the way that article you linked had nothing about Brian Colangelo being upset that Bosh didn't wear a mask. But rather was cleared by doctors to play after a sprained ankle, and he choose to sit out 6 more games.
    Accuracy is no longer important in journalism. Putting words in other peoples mouth clearly does though.
    Well said ...

Comment

well said indeed
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Don't think I will be paying attention to any of his articles for a while now...

Comment

If Bosh checked out on TO by not wanting to risk his health late in the season due to an injured ankle that was cleared by TO doctors- oh well. Players know their bodies better than anyone- why risk aggravating an injury right before his big off season? 6 games one way or the other- if BC put together a talented, deep roster it should have been no worries- Bargnani should have stepped his game up.

Btw- Didn't anyone step up for Bosh when PPierce kneed him in the groin. I think it's fair to say that TO checked out on Bosh as well.

Comment

Agreed. BC has proved his ineptitude time and again. He needs to be replaced at the end of next season.

Comment

madeupid25 wrote: View Post
              Agreed. BC has proved his ineptitude time and again. He needs to be replaced at the end of next season.
              Replaced by who?

Comment

Hire someone from the Spurs. That seems to be the popular choice. Seriously though? I am not sure. ABC - Anyone but Colangelo EFG (Except for Grunwald)

Comment

How about Kevin Pritchard? I don't think he has been hired anywhere yet. I like the moves Portland made over the last 4 years compared to most of what BC has done in Toronto.

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                    Replaced by who?
                    Kevin Pritchard

Comment

Working...
                    X