Pistons A Likely Trading Partner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pistons A Likely Trading Partner?

"I think everybody agrees with the consensus that a solid, true point guard would be helpful with all these scorers and shooters," Kelser said. "Will Bynum, when he comes in, he has the ability to distribute and get other people involved. ... He's a combo guard. Rodney (Stuckey) is a combo guard. I'm not too worried about it if that's where they find themselves in October, because I think all those guys can handle the point guard spot if called upon."
    Source: Freep.com

The Pistons are in need of a prototypical PG and the Raptors are looking to move one. Do you think the Pistons are a very likely trading partner for the Raptors?

If we're willing to take on one of their contracts (ie - Hamilton), then it could be interesting. I'm sure that's what they'd be looking at.

Comment

I was thinking Prince. He's in his final year by the way.

Comment

I'd love the expiring contract, but I don't know if Dumars would do it. I can definitely see Rip and his contract being offered for Calderon

Comment

I feel we might take a bit of a risk with a Rip or Prince but Prince finished strong, and could be an excellent addition to the Raptors new "Run and Gun" look.

Comment

I would rather prince over hamilton

Comment

It seems to me that Detroit, Indiana and Charlotte are all definitely legit potential trade partners for Calderon, given their reported desire for a pass-first PG. IMO, I think Calderon is gone, it is just a matter of BC deciding which trade is the best deal and/or waiting for other things to resolve themselves before pulling the trigger. Personally I think Prince or Diaw would be more useful for the next season (Prince) or two (Diaw) than Calderon would be, given the depth at PG the Raps have with Jack/Barbosa.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                It seems to me that Detroit, Indiana and Charlotte are all definitely legit potential trade partners for Calderon, given their reported desire for a pass-first PG. IMO, I think Calderon is gone, it is just a matter of BC deciding which trade is the best deal and/or waiting for other things to resolve themselves before pulling the trigger. Personally I think Prince or Diaw would be more useful for the next season (Prince) or two (Diaw) than Calderon would be, given the depth at PG the Raps have with Jack/Barbosa.
                No way Charlotte happens, what with them having just signed a PG, and with the last Jose trade fiasco.

Anyway, I think the only piece the Raps should look for (unless some high quality young talent is available) is a solid backup C. Otherwise there is not enough minutes for all the young players on the team.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH is right. Jordan pulled out of that trade and made Colangelo look bad in the process. A deal with Charlotte is out of the picture.

Comment

Prince (SF) is the only player I would like from the Pistons (Austin Daye would be another but is Prince's repl. in Detroit). He plays a position we need, a proven and good team guy and plays defense but who also has a back problem but one I would be willing to chance because of his contract. If he played injury free he could be a longer term player in the org.

Comment

No one wants Calderon

Teams that may need a PG like Calderon:
                      Keep in mind that any team most likely would have to absorb more salary than
                      what they'll give up to get Calderon.

1-Charlotte: You all know what happened with the failed trade and after that they went out and got Shaun Livingston. So, no deal there.

2-Indiana : has TJ Ford and no one wants him. They'll have AJ Price and rookie Stephenson to start the season. It makes no sense to get Calderon and have a 4th PG on their roster.

3-Detroit: has a backlog of SG/PG, Gordon, Hamilton, Bynum and Stuckey. They need to get rid of Hamilton first, for obvious reasons, before they could get Calderon.

4-Memphis: They would like to upgrade the PG position, but they do not have enough salaries to match Calderon's; They'd have to give up like 3 players including of course Mike Conley.

5-Philadelphia: has Nocioni available, after August 15, and by the way he just sprained his ankle and wont play for Argentina in the upcoming world championships, potential deal breaker there; Philadelphia could use Calderon as a backup for Holiday; Problem is they 'll have to absorb that Calderon 3rd year in the rest of his deal for 10.6 millions. and that's a tough one.

And that is it, no other team would make sense; so, Calderon is most likely to start the season with the Raptors which is OK for the most part. Maybe by mid-season or by next summer something opens up and Calderon can finally get out of town.

Comment

ya, they are a trading partner but im not sure they are the best unless colangelo wants to get rid of calderon a.s.a.p and get not much in return.

however, i could see prince being nice and if he gets injured we have kleiza and weems to back him up so we dont have to wrry about that.

but, i think theres better deals out there for calderon
                        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

benitonicoya wrote: View Post
                          4-Memphis: They would like to upgrade the PG position, but they do not have enough salaries to match Calderon's; They'd have to give up like 3 players including of course Mike Conley.
                          Actually, Marko Jaric's expiring contract and another player would be enough to make it possible. My whole deal with them is who would the Raptors want from that lot? What the Grizz would be offering doesn't fit the Raptors.

Comment

benitonicoya wrote: View Post
                            Teams that may need a PG like Calderon:

3-Detroit: has a backlog of SG/PG, Gordon, Hamilton, Bynum and Stuckey. They need to get rid of Hamilton first, for obvious reasons, before they could get Calderon.
                            I would say they'd rather get rid of Stucky or Bynum before taking Calderon. There's less redundancy if one of them are moved compared to moving Hamilton.

Comment

Not sure the market is good for calderon right now but I'm also ok with keeping him for now. I think his stock will go up as well.
                              "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Working...
                              X