Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If The Raptor's Intend To Rebuild, How Long Will It Take To Be Competitive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bhattmagandhi
    replied
    my prediction:
    best case 2 years, worst case 5 years
    (of course this is all just random speculation based more on opinion than facts lol)

Leave a comment:

• LBF
    replied
    oh, btw if we drafted a roy or granger id doubt we get both because wed prolly do better than we did. otherteams might have taken him, too many possibilities

Leave a comment:

• LBF
    replied
    ceez wrote: View Post
    all depends on how well we do drafting the next couple years. with derozan unproven, our history isn't good. if we do draft a couple studs, we could potentially be the east's thunder.
    man, id rather be the new hawks instead of the thunder, the thunder havent proven much the hawks are better.

Leave a comment:

• Marz
    replied
    Raptorfanatic wrote: View Post
    If the Raptor's intend to rebuild, how long will it take to be competitive. Let's dream a bit and look at drafting history. If in 2005 the Raptors drafted Bynum and Granger instead of Villaneuva and Graham; drafted Roy instead of Bargnani, kept their pick in 2008 and drafted Hibbert, selected Jennings instead of deRozen to fill void at point guard. the team in 2009-10 would have looked like:

Bynum/Hibbert/Nesterovic
    Bosh/Johnson
    Granger/Moon
    Roy/Parker/Weems
    Calderon/Jennings

I am assuming there was no deal for Ford, O'Neal or Turk, (did not have to)did not sign Jack,resigned Parker & Moon and made the deal for Johnson & Weems. if we only drafted better ! With the team assembled , the loss of Bosh would have been much easier to overcome in 2010-11.
    If you drafted Bynum/Granger instead of Graham/Villanueva, you likely wouldn't have been drafting so early in the lottery the next season, and you probably wouldn't have been in the lottery at all when we drafted DeRozan.

If you want to play the "shoulda" game, you start with Iggy. Drafting him likely wouldn't have resulted in that big of a difference in next years draft, and if we assume the Vince Carter trade happened, the 16th pick wouldn't have been altered anyway. So now you have Iggy/Granger/Bosh plus whatever our 2005 pick would have landed us. This hindsight case is much more plausible, and probably means that Bosh stays.

This is all moot of course, because Babcock is a fucking idiot. the 2004 and 2005 drafts were our opportunity to "build through the draft", and we came out of it with Rafael Araujo, Joey Graham, and Charlie Villanueva. Think about that for a second.

Leave a comment:

• vinnie_paz
    replied
    as long as bargs gets a free pass it we will never be competitive... not sure why no one says anything about this but there are games where bargs plays 40+ mins and get 4 rebounds... doesnt box out, or even attempt to fight for a rebound...

then amir johnson comes in and makes 1 mistake and gets sent to the bench...

the message being sent to our young players is very wrong when trying to develop players.

in march of last season in two losing games against the 76ers and warriors... bargs played 40 mins and got 11 pts 4 rbds... why cant jay triano say hey if you're not gona rebound you're not gona play ??

philly had 12 offensive rbds in that game.
    gsw had 18 offensive rebounds...

d leaguer anthony tolliver had 5 offensive boards.
    Last edited by vinnie_paz; Tue Aug 3, 2010, 11:07 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Everyone has them. Imagine if the Pistons drafted Melo, Wade or Bosh instead of Darko? Or if Portland drafted Durant instead of Oden? You can't think like that. You'll drive yourself crazy. It's counterproductive. Camby turned out to be an excellent player. Beat up on the busts if you must but not the good picks.

Leave a comment:

• Clipse2001
    replied
    playmak3r5 wrote: View Post
    Why didn't we just draft Kobe Bryant, Ray Allen, or Steve Nash in the 1996 draft instead of Camby? We had the 2nd overall pick after all...

LOL we probably would've had 5+ championship rings if we were to dream
    Agree, I'm sick of all those "had we drafted him instead of him" scenarios

Leave a comment:

• MangoKid
    replied
    Mr.Grinch wrote: View Post
    Are you mad!!!
    I'd take Camby too. He still plays solid D, alters a lot of shots and grabs a lot of boards. We saw Allen struggle bigtime throughout the season, in which many believed that it was the beginning of his demise.

Leave a comment:

• Mr.Grinch
    replied
    ceez wrote: View Post
    i'd take camby over ray allen right now
    Are you mad!!!

Leave a comment:

• RaptorsFan4Life
    replied
    playmak3r5 wrote: View Post
    Why didn't we just draft Kobe Bryant, Ray Allen, or Steve Nash in the 1996 draft instead of Camby? We had the 2nd overall pick after all...

Hindsight is 20/20.

Leave a comment:

• blaze89
    replied
    Apollo wrote: View Post
    I consider "competitive" as being a playoff team. I give that two seasons.
    id say that too, just as long as Bryan doesnt acquire any more turkoglu contracts and we draft well, in two season we could have a decent team

Leave a comment:

• ceez
    replied
    i'd take camby over ray allen right now

Leave a comment:

• playmak3r5
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ezz_bee
    replied
    I think best case is in 3 years we upset someone and get to the second round.

Leave a comment:

• ceez
    replied
    all depends on how well we do drafting the next couple years. with derozan unproven, our history isn't good. if we do draft a couple studs, we could potentially be the east's thunder.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X