Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Balls of Steel
    replied
    On any other team, Calderon would be great and his defensive liabilities wouldn't be as magnified. Derek Fisher is as bad a defender but never gets called on because he has Artest, Bynum and Gasol to help him out. The "clap" defence was the worst I've seen personally and coupling that with Bargs and Johnson down low for defence is a recipe for disaster. Unfortunately, his contract is even worse than his defence. I feel that this is one mistake of BC that he won't be able to correct to the franchise's liking. The franchise stands to lose out on something to move him out. Several sources point to Indiana, so getting Dunleavy will probably as good as it gets. If it's the Knicks (yes, I know they have Felton - relax), it could be Chandler but we gotta take back Curry (for Calderon and Evans). It's a dent. Personally, he needs to stay, either start or off the bench to build his value. Somewhere along the season, an injury to a major PG will happen and they will come-a-knockin' on BC's door. They won't get much back in return but at least we get him off our books (almost like giving Alex Rios away for nothing - unfortunately, he's doing very well with the Sox, same could go for Calderon if dealt).

For the sake of the team, Jack needs to start but he needs to really change his mindset to be successful. Jack needs to cut the turnovers down, stop trying to be too much of a hero at times and all should be well. I also feel that Jack has a better rapport with Johnson, Weems and DeRozan. I'm a firm believer that a 2-headed monster with Calderon and Jack would be difficult for teams to handle especially when the opposing second unit comes on. If Calderon made 4-5 Mil, I feel that the Raps would keep him despite his defensive inefficiency since his offensive and passing skills still outweigh them. He's staying, unless an offer is placed on the table. Once training camp starts, many teams will want to place emphasis on the PG right away as they are the focal point of offense on teams - in essence, he may be as good as gone by September...
    Last edited by Balls of Steel; Thu Aug 5, 2010, 09:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

• MangoKid
    replied
    Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
    It's 2 late for that..especially that he almost moved and that raptors are going 2 be more defensive minded team.
    He doesen't fit this team.
    He is as good as gone...Indiana might be destination that he moves 2.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=17008
    What hints that we're more of a defensive team this season? Barbosa? Andersen? Kleiza?
    I'd keep Calderon until we get a decent offer for the guy. He still has value. Hoopsworld is like throwing spaghetti on the wall - Throw enough of it and Eventually some of it is gonna stick.
    Last edited by MangoKid; Thu Aug 5, 2010, 09:40 AM.

Leave a comment:

• MangoKid
    replied
    Unless it's for an expiring player or for a player that could be useful, I can't see us just giving him away.

Leave a comment:

• Dr Hannibal Lecter
    replied
    2 late...

It's 2 late for that..especially that he almost moved and that raptors are going 2 be more defensive minded team.
    He doesen't fit this team.
    He is as good as gone...Indiana might be destination that he moves 2.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=17008

Leave a comment:

• Kuh
    replied
    +1

Leave a comment:

• CalibreMC
    replied
    I agree wholeheartedly

Leave a comment:

• Spilak
    started a topic Wait To Move Calderon?

Wait To Move Calderon?

Theres a lot of talk about how the Raptors need to get rid of Jose Calderon for numerous reasons. But I think Calderon is due for a comeback season. Last year he battled injuries, was a part of the worst defensive team in the nba, endured turkoglu wanting "ball", and the whole Raptors squad had the Bosh situation looming above them pretty much the entire year. He clearly wasn't shooting the ball like we've seen him do in the past, and he wasn't blowing by anyone or being aggresive going to the hole. In his contract year he was playing at a level we sometimes forget about since last year was so brutal. But Jose was a legit starter putting up good numbers even while his role has never been secure. If jose comes back in shape with his jumper goin, I would hang onto him unless we get a legit offer. He will no doubt be motivated to show he is worth something given that the team he has loved since he came into the league tried to trade him away. The guy loves Toronto and will play like a man who wants to keep his job next season. Also with the departure of two guys who needed the ball a lot to be successful, Jose has a chance to develop an offensive chemistry with the young players (more so than Jack who is less of a pure playmaking point.) His trade value is so low right now BC should hang onto him until he can get a proven contributor or some valubale picks. It would be bad to let him go for nothing before knowing what he was capable of this upcoming year.
Working...
X