No announcement yet.

Pacers Trying To Land Calderon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why do we even need to get something valuable back for calderon ?

who wouldnt just trade him for anyone who has a shorter contract.

i would trade jose for eddie curry. and believe me, so would bc.

there's no reason why after trading jose and the 10 million we save every year that we cant go and sign a decent pg for even 6-8 million.

Comment

The draft is not a science. There will be mistakes. But we have always drafted fairly well. The only poor choice I can think of is Arugio.
      "Winning isn't every thing, it's the only thing."

Comment

Jack is talented enough to start for the Raptors (think of Derek Fisher, they are both really similar). And I don't know if you were watching last year, but Banks proved that he is a more than adequate back-up.
        Last edited by Raptorsss; Thu Aug 5, 2010, 08:03 PM.
        -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
        -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Raptorsss wrote: View Post
          Jack is talented enough to start for the Raptors (think of Derek Fisher, they are both really similar). And I don't know if you were watching last year, but Banks proved that he is a more than adequate back-up.
          Thats right. Jack, Banks, Bobby Brown/Barbosa

Comment

Courtside wrote: View Post
            To tbihis:

I'm not The Turk or Bosh is disguise. I'm also not hopelessly optimistic. I've always been a big Bargs supporter since his arrival. Who wouldn't want a 7 footer that can spread the floor by shooting threes. I'm not one to argue that we should have drafted Roy instead. Quarterbacking Monday morning is always easy.

He was the right choice to draft 1st at the time although my choice was Aldridge. I bet Portland wish they drafted Durant now. Could you imagine Roy, Aldridge, and Durant but I digressed. However, moving forward we need to move on. Bargs will be a good player but never be a franchise player. He has the skills to be good but lacks the instincts to be great.

Because of where he was drafted, there will always be a dark cloud over the Raptors so long as he is here. Colangelo should trade him for two first round picks projected to be in the top 10 and let us move on. I assume we can at least agree on Calderon so I won't address him - trade for picks too.
            Are you sure youre not either of the two? maybe tmac? vince? mighty mouse or camby? hehehe

im kinda getting tired of the whole "dont get your hopes up" attitude with the raps, i mean, if youre really down on the dumps because the raps are going to have an assumed losing season then why the fuck are guys even following the raps? you want so-called sure winners then go follow LA or Miami. the point of having a home team is you support them no matter what. fuck that bullshit reasoning "lets be realistic". this is your team, support it or get the fuck out.

seriously, i dont know why everybody's so down on andrea. i mean, he's steadily increased his numbers beside a ball-dominating player who basically plays the same position as him for the past 4 years. he averaged 17pts/6rebs/1.4blks last season next to the so-called franchise player. not sure why everybody's saying he's not a franchise player when he hasnt even been given the chance to become the franchise player. youre judging his franchise player capability when bosh went down with an injury?? thats 6 games. how can you even organize plays during practice for a guy within 6 games? and when bosh went down at the tailend of the season, bargs had a 24 and 33 point nights. judge him after the end of the 2010-2011 season. if he still has the same numbers, then you can say he is not a franchise player, but he is definitely not a bust. kwame brown, thats a bust. olowokandi, thats a bust. but a guy who averages 17/6 a game, i dont think is a bust.

and please, let go of the "BC should have drafted this guy or that guy". as ive said before, you can never know how good a draft prospect is until he plays a regular season game in the NBA, unless the guys name is lebron james.

Comment

Amen tbihis, I'm so glad you've pointed out the fact that Andrea is constantly being ripped by people saying he's had his chance as THE GUY on the team. He's had some spots deep in the season when Bosh went down with injuries over the past 2 years. By no means can you believe that he's had his shot to show himself as the go-to guy. If Bargs doesn't show up this year, then you can judge him as a franchise player, not before that.

Comment

only way we send calderon to the pacers is if we get hibbert or price back. maybe we could ask for troy murphy instead of dunleavy but we already have to much sf
                ya dun noe

Comment

Hassan wrote: View Post
                  only way we send calderon to the pacers is if we get hibbert or price back. maybe we could ask for troy murphy instead of dunleavy but we already have to much sf
                  hassan can you please help me understand why indiana would want to take on calderon's 3 year $30 million contract AND give away their future starting center ?

im not trying to be rude or anything but please if you can shed some light on why a team would do this that would be great.

i dont know if you know who roy hibbert is, but he's a 24 year old 7'2 center, whose only played 2 seasons in the nba. the most recent season he put up 12pts 6rbds 1.6 blocks and shot 50% from the field in 25 minutes. he's also 75% from the free throw line.

he had 18 games last season with 3+ blocks.

hibbert also only makes 1.7 million, 2.6 million, and 3.6 million for the next 3 seasons.

you've posted the hibbert for calderon trade idea on many different threads... can you please help me understand why...

is calderon that good for a team to say ok we will tie up $10 million of our salary cap for the next 3 seasons AND we will give away a young center who has done a pretty good job playing the most difficult position to fill in the nba ?

Comment

vinnie_paz wrote: View Post
                    hassan can you please help me understand why indiana would want to take on calderon's 3 year $30 million contract AND give away their future starting center ?

im not trying to be rude or anything but please if you can shed some light on why a team would do this that would be great.

i dont know if you know who roy hibbert is, but he's a 24 year old 7'2 center, whose only played 2 seasons in the nba. the most recent season he put up 12pts 6rbds 1.6 blocks and shot 50% from the field in 25 minutes. he's also 75% from the free throw line.

he had 18 games last season with 3+ blocks.

hibbert also only makes 1.7 million, 2.6 million, and 3.6 million for the next 3 seasons.

you've posted the hibbert for calderon trade idea on many different threads... can you please help me understand why...

is calderon that good for a team to say ok we will tie up $10 million of our salary cap for the next 3 seasons AND we will give away a young center who has done a pretty good job playing the most difficult position to fill in the nba ?
                    theyre probably not just going to give up Hibbert without merit, maybe if another team will take tj ford and wants hibbert in a package, they can trade him away knowing they still have murphy and foster as centers.

the pacers would opt losing hibbert, who will only make 3-4 mil in the next few years, rather than murphy or foster who have expiring contracts.

if the pacers can get rid of tj's contract, im pretty sure they wont mind absorbing jose's contract specially if he fits into o'brien's system.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
                      theyre probably not just going to give up Hibbert without merit, maybe if another team will take tj ford and wants hibbert in a package, they can trade him away knowing they still have murphy and foster as centers.

the pacers would opt losing hibbert, who will only make 3-4 mil in the next few years, rather than murphy or foster who have expiring contracts.

if the pacers can get rid of tj's contract, im pretty sure they wont mind absorbing jose's contract specially if he fits into o'brien's system.
                      ohh yea i forgot about pacers have tj ford as well... so now we are trading calderon and making demands that they must "throw in" hibbert and murphy or dunleavy but we dont mention anything about pacers telling us that we have to take back tj ford...

so instead of telling pacers to give us hibbert for jose, seriously why dont we call lakers and say we want gasol for jose and you have to throw in bynum and odom ? we'll only" do it if bynum and odom are included...

Comment

Some good analysis from this webpage:

http://nbadynastytorontoraptors.blog....html?spref=tw

I still like the deal proposed on the Indy board by one of their posters.

Jose for TJ and simultaneously Dunleavy for our TPE. That gives Indy immediate $10 + mil in savings this season. Really, from a dollars and cents perspective they end up paying Jose for 1 year only. With the lockout looming it might even be a wash for them but they'd get their starting PG in the process.

Also, this turns our TPE into raw capspace next summer which is great since the TPE has an expiration date while capspace does not.

Maybe I'm missing something, but if the TPE goes unused, it doesn't count as salary. If no additional salaries are added, there is no extra space created. Your proposal is like taking $10 for one year so that it equals $0 the next, but there's no need to take that $10 in the first place. Jose for Ford is what does the trick, not the use of the TPE.

The TPE should only be used if it brings in legit talent or good picks w/ shed contracts. If Indy throws in their first rounder with Dunleavy then maybe, otherwise the TPE has far more flexibilty and value at the deadline, at neat year's draft, or even the first few days of the 2011 signing season.

The only reason I added that second part is because of discussions I read on the Indy board. It's pretty unanimous (if fan perspective means anything) over there that TJ for Jose is not a good deal for them because they take on 2 more years of Jose's salary. They'd rather give TJ the starting spot for a year and really I don't blame them considering both PGs have really fallen off.

Adding the Dunleavy for TPE gives them incentive to move forward because we give them an immediate cap saving of $10 mil. For us I don't see it as any kind of loss because CP3 isn't getting traded and I don't see any deals out there where we'd be any worse with the expiring instead of the TPE.

Believe me, if that TPE does get used before it expires it won't be for the types of deals we've discussed. I've scanned every team in the league and I just don't see any major salary dumping teams looking for immediate savings. NO isn't trading Collison with so many question marks around CP. Philly ain't giving up Evans in a Brand trade. Realistically, I only see ATL and possibly Orlando as salary dumpers and I don't think it's worth sitting on the TPE for anything they are going to offer.

Lastly, trading the TPE for Dunleavy means we've eliminated the expiry on that space. This means BC no longer has to feel rushed to use it. He can sit back with Dunleavy's expiring or the subsequent capspace once his deal expires and can use it at his own leisure.
                        I think if the Raptors do use their TPE for Dunleavy and trade Calderon for TJ, it won't be a good deal unless the Pacers sweeten the pot. I highly doubt they will throw a first rounder because they are probably heading to the lottery again next season, but they do have the rights of two international players who are currently playing in the euroleague (Erazem Lorbek who is basically a younger version of Rasho and Stanko Barać a 7ft 1 player who is 23 years old and was drafted 39th overall in 2007). If the Pacers are willing to throw those two in instead of the first rounder then at least one of them will be probably make it on the Raptors squad in the near future.

Comment

Ford back in a Raps uniform? Could be worse Turk can still be here

Comment

I wouldn't mind taking ford back. i'm sure he'd be happier here then in indiana.

i proposed a trade with indiana on the proposal forum.

http://raptorsrepublic.com/forums/sh...Trade-Proposal
                            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                              I wouldn't mind taking ford back. i'm sure he'd be happier here then in indiana.

i proposed a trade with indiana on the proposal forum.

http://raptorsrepublic.com/forums/sh...Trade-Proposal
                              not sure if the pacers would accept tho, dunleavy's contract is expiring next year which will free up cap space for them, and hibbert has a lot of potential.

they are taking back expiring contracts as well but i think theyd rather have a player who can give solid minutes plus an expiring contract rather than benchwarmers.

Comment

well, ofcourse they would rather but i mean they get some young players and expirings plus an extra first rounder which would give them more leverage to go and dump another big contract like fords or something.

i'm just thinking of the next best thing where we dont have to give up anybody too significant. well, giving indiana leverage to make another deal, i'm sure they will appreciate that.

maybe, we could get memphis involved and make them take ford or one of those otehr teams searching for a point guard. if we had to i'd take ford instead of dunleavy.
                                If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Working...
                                X