No announcement yet.

Jerome Williams Hits The Nail On The Head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think jerome was better than amior will be.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Maybe, I mean JYD almost averaged a double double one year. He was older when he got his pay day. Both played for the Pistons before coming to Toronto.

Comment

Wow, he may not be better on paper, but i consider him a better basketball player then a carter, a hedo, a bosh because he knows how to handle himself...I feel bad for the new generation of raptor fans who are assuming that this is how pros act. Twitter is messing the nba up. Ego steroids.

Comment

i always liked JYD as a player... but as a person, i loved him even more after he retired... nobody was more visible in Toronto after they retired other than JYD and Alvin Williams.. great ambassadors for the city in the sport.. and both really exemplified what the general toronto fan base appreciate from their athletes.. hard work and loyalty

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
            i think jerome was better than amior will be.
            Could very well be. Too early to tell, though I think Johnson has a lot more upside on the offense that should enable that part of his game to easily exceed that of JYD's

With Johnson it still comes down to fouls. If he can stay on the court he has the potential to become an all-star in the NBA Seriously. Whether he will ever control is foul problem, I haven't got a clue, but I do know that time is running out for him to be able to do this. If he hasn't got it under control at least somewhat and shown some good progress this year in that area he could very easily wind up as a career bench energy guy.
            Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
            Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

I've been trying to find a JYD t shirt

anybody know where I could find one?

Comment

More Proof

Chris Bosh fled Toronto for Miami in search of success, as well as more exposure.

The win part is certainly coming to pass. Not so much the other part of the equation.

According to the Raptors, Bosh had 553,230 all-star votes through the second returns last season.

Despite all the Heat hype, Bosh has received just 260,007 votes through the second returns this season.
                Source: Toronto Sun

Comment

He's more of the forgotten guy on the team with Wade and Lebron. Amare gets more pub because he's in New York - making the Knicks relevant again and putting up some fantastic stats, Garnett and Pierce get pub because of their playoff runs and the accolades which they have earned over the years.

Comment

You got to like Matt Bonner as well. He certainly goes down as one of my favorite Raptors. Not the best player, but certainly embraced Toronto. He gives back to the city, wants to play for Canada basketball, and who can forget that game where he knocked KG on his ass and got ejected.

I also have to say that every player on the current Raptor team is a good guy. They all put in their best effort, aren't screwed up head cases, and seem to genuinely enjoy being in Toronto. I really like our current team. They might not be the best or most talented, but they work hard, play through injuries and are worth cheering for.
                    Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

RaptorDan wrote: View Post
                      You got to like Matt Bonner as well. He certainly goes down as one of my favorite Raptors. Not the best player, but certainly embraced Toronto. He gives back to the city, wants to play for Canada basketball, and who can forget that game where he knocked KG on his ass and got ejected.
                      and he was a regular on the TTC. god bless matt bonner.

Comment

Rupaul will always be Rupaul

Looks like Bosh lost alot of voters from his switch to Miami.
                        Gonna cry Bosh?
                        I hope he doesnt even make the allstar team lol.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar..._with_toronto/

Comment

Meh, I'm over it. I wish him nothing but success.

Comment

Working...
                          X