No announcement yet.

Why Hasn't BC Made A Run At Tolliver?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh and about the guy saying he was undersized, he is the same size as magic and shawn marion, i cant remember that well but werent both of the very good at the 5 and 4. Sure magic only played those 1 or 2 games, but it didnt matter. Marion averaged a bloody 20 and 10. If you are over 6'8 you arent undersized for any position.

Comment

I don't like small ball, it will never win a championship. Not that I'm saying the Raps are on the cusp of rings, but since we've kinda pushed the reset button, its not a great way to start things over. I kind of screwed up my last post though. Kleiza can actually fill in as a sf reserve behind D-Rex. It would be nice to get rid of Evans for a young combo guard.

Starting: Jack-Weems-Derozan-Amir-Bargs

Reserves: pg: Calderon/Banks
      sg: Belli/Bosa
      sf: Kleiza
      pf: Davis/Dorsey/Evans
      c: Andersen/Alabi/Jones

Comment

as i pointed out marion 6'9" 20 and 10 guy.

just because you arent as tall as the other guys at the position doesn't mean you are bad at it and it usually gives you a spped advantage.

and those were my thoughts exactly. i like that we are on the same page RAW
        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Nick wrote: View Post
          I don't like small ball, it will never win a championship. Not that I'm saying the Raps are on the cusp of rings, but since we've kinda pushed the reset button, its not a great way to start things over. I kind of screwed up my last post though. Kleiza can actually fill in as a sf reserve behind D-Rex. It would be nice to get rid of Evans for a young combo guard.

Starting: Jack-Weems-Derozan-Amir-Bargs

Reserves: pg: Calderon/Banks
          sg: Belli/Bosa
          sf: Kleiza
          pf: Davis/Dorsey/Evans
          c: Andersen/Alabi/Jones
          As i have said many times, the raptors need to be an all energy, run and gun team. THe small line up is not the problem, if you had your way, our third string c would be Alabi, and Dorsey would be our third string pf. That scares me because those two spots are so important in a season. Amir Gets injured, you are entrusting a rookie to be starter, and dorsey to be back up. What happens if Davis is a bust? Dorsey is gonna put up 30 and 15 numbers? Hell no. Bargnani cant play 40 minutes a night, and andersen is like a worse version of him. If the raptors are the best conditioned team, and have numerous defensive schemes, the "golden state system" will work if the raptors do it right. Remember the lakers in the 80's? They won a championship with being fast, and playing defence. The raptors probably wont win a champion ship, but do not tell me it is a bad place to start a young, fast team off because that is not true.

RAW

Comment

oh it's so definitely the right way to start off the franchise it's the only way to find new proven talent. I mean none of the tsarts want to come here so you need to get guys who can prove themselves.

we'd have a sick team if we went the g-state way we could do it better than them and it would truly be phoenix east.
            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

Red and White wrote: View Post
              As i have said many times, the raptors need to be an all energy, run and gun team. THe small line up is not the problem, if you had your way, our third string c would be Alabi, and Dorsey would be our third string pf. That scares me because those two spots are so important in a season. Amir Gets injured, you are entrusting a rookie to be starter, and dorsey to be back up. What happens if Davis is a bust? Dorsey is gonna put up 30 and 15 numbers? Hell no. Bargnani cant play 40 minutes a night, and andersen is like a worse version of him. If the raptors are the best conditioned team, and have numerous defensive schemes, the "golden state system" will work if the raptors do it right. Remember the lakers in the 80's? They won a championship with being fast, and playing defence. The raptors probably wont win a champion ship, but do not tell me it is a bad place to start a young, fast team off because that is not true.

RAW
              The Raptors have been playing the Golden State way for the last couple of years, what the hell are you talking about?

Comment

um, if you watched the video he posted they clearly werent that is wat the hell he's talking about.

Comment

So we want do it the g-state way and be phoenix of the east? Ya sounds good-- In actuality I'm giving you a huge, two thumbs down!!

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                    um, if you watched the video he posted they clearly werent that is wat the hell he's talking about.
                    A 2 minutes video justifies this? I can't believe you call yourself a raptors all-star..

Comment

How many games have Golden State won in the last three years?

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                        07-08 48-34
                        08-09 29-53
                        09-10 26-56

The answer is 103.
                        "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

A couple of weeks back when I scoured cheap assets at the C postion Tolliver looked like the best option (a day later BC announced the Andersen trade) I don't think it will hurt to pick up 1 more body who can arguably play the C. I realize that it doesn't really solve our long term Center needs however I do think that Tolliver could be a useful piece for 10-15 minutes a game, plus if signed for a 1-2 year deal coupld easily be combined with other assets to make the move for the right piece.
                          "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Nick wrote: View Post
                            A 2 minutes video justifies this? I can't believe you call yourself a raptors all-star..
                            I'm not saying it justifies anything other than what red and white is saying. low blow man i think i earned my title like you earned yours. I don't think we need to question it off one idea you don't support.

Apollo wrote: View Post
                            they haven't one many but they have a good idea i'm not saying we follow it exactly because who the heck wants to be like g-state, I was thinking more phoenix east, G-stae is a failed attempt at phoenix east.

c'mon, appollo, think about it. the concept is a good idea i'm certainly not saying keep the status quo you have to twist it to make it work and if there is one guy who knows how to do it, it's bryan because he created those phoenix run n' gun teams.

now, maybe it doesn't work without an all-star point guard in steve nash, but, steve nash helped to create another two all stars on that team and those two other players (marion, stoudemire) helped steve nash be an all star.

Comment

If it were to happen, it would probably have to be through a sign and trade. It's funny. We could have had Amundson, who actually played minutes for an elite team, yet we're drooling over Tolliver? Awful. Personally, I wouldn't give up so much money for potential. We have enough guys on our roster who have "potential".

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                                I'm not saying it justifies anything other than what red and white is saying. low blow man i think i earned my title like you earned yours. I don't think we need to question it off one idea you don't support.

they haven't one many but they have a good idea i'm not saying we follow it exactly because who the heck wants to be like g-state, I was thinking more phoenix east, G-stae is a failed attempt at phoenix east.

c'mon, appollo, think about it. the concept is a good idea i'm certainly not saying keep the status quo you have to twist it to make it work and if there is one guy who knows how to do it, it's bryan because he created those phoenix run n' gun teams.

now, maybe it doesn't work without an all-star point guard in steve nash, but, steve nash helped to create another two all stars on that team and those two other players (marion, stoudemire) helped steve nash be an all star.
                                I'm speechless.

Comment

Working...
                                X