Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nick
    replied
    So we want do it the g-state way and be phoenix of the east? Ya sounds good-- In actuality I'm giving you a huge, two thumbs down!!

Leave a comment:

• LBF
    replied
    um, if you watched the video he posted they clearly werent that is wat the hell he's talking about.

Leave a comment:

• Nick
    replied
    Red and White wrote: View Post
    As i have said many times, the raptors need to be an all energy, run and gun team. THe small line up is not the problem, if you had your way, our third string c would be Alabi, and Dorsey would be our third string pf. That scares me because those two spots are so important in a season. Amir Gets injured, you are entrusting a rookie to be starter, and dorsey to be back up. What happens if Davis is a bust? Dorsey is gonna put up 30 and 15 numbers? Hell no. Bargnani cant play 40 minutes a night, and andersen is like a worse version of him. If the raptors are the best conditioned team, and have numerous defensive schemes, the "golden state system" will work if the raptors do it right. Remember the lakers in the 80's? They won a championship with being fast, and playing defence. The raptors probably wont win a champion ship, but do not tell me it is a bad place to start a young, fast team off because that is not true.

RAW
    The Raptors have been playing the Golden State way for the last couple of years, what the hell are you talking about?

Leave a comment:

• LBF
    replied
    oh it's so definitely the right way to start off the franchise it's the only way to find new proven talent. I mean none of the tsarts want to come here so you need to get guys who can prove themselves.

we'd have a sick team if we went the g-state way we could do it better than them and it would truly be phoenix east.

Leave a comment:

• Red and White
    replied
    Nick wrote: View Post
    I don't like small ball, it will never win a championship. Not that I'm saying the Raps are on the cusp of rings, but since we've kinda pushed the reset button, its not a great way to start things over. I kind of screwed up my last post though. Kleiza can actually fill in as a sf reserve behind D-Rex. It would be nice to get rid of Evans for a young combo guard.

Starting: Jack-Weems-Derozan-Amir-Bargs

Reserves: pg: Calderon/Banks
    sg: Belli/Bosa
    sf: Kleiza
    pf: Davis/Dorsey/Evans
    c: Andersen/Alabi/Jones
    As i have said many times, the raptors need to be an all energy, run and gun team. THe small line up is not the problem, if you had your way, our third string c would be Alabi, and Dorsey would be our third string pf. That scares me because those two spots are so important in a season. Amir Gets injured, you are entrusting a rookie to be starter, and dorsey to be back up. What happens if Davis is a bust? Dorsey is gonna put up 30 and 15 numbers? Hell no. Bargnani cant play 40 minutes a night, and andersen is like a worse version of him. If the raptors are the best conditioned team, and have numerous defensive schemes, the "golden state system" will work if the raptors do it right. Remember the lakers in the 80's? They won a championship with being fast, and playing defence. The raptors probably wont win a champion ship, but do not tell me it is a bad place to start a young, fast team off because that is not true.

RAW

Leave a comment:

• LBF
    replied
    as i pointed out marion 6'9" 20 and 10 guy.

just because you arent as tall as the other guys at the position doesn't mean you are bad at it and it usually gives you a spped advantage.

and those were my thoughts exactly. i like that we are on the same page RAW

Leave a comment:

• Nick
    replied
    I don't like small ball, it will never win a championship. Not that I'm saying the Raps are on the cusp of rings, but since we've kinda pushed the reset button, its not a great way to start things over. I kind of screwed up my last post though. Kleiza can actually fill in as a sf reserve behind D-Rex. It would be nice to get rid of Evans for a young combo guard.

sf: Kleiza
    pf: Davis/Dorsey/Evans

Leave a comment:

• Red and White
    replied
    Oh and about the guy saying he was undersized, he is the same size as magic and shawn marion, i cant remember that well but werent both of the very good at the 5 and 4. Sure magic only played those 1 or 2 games, but it didnt matter. Marion averaged a bloody 20 and 10. If you are over 6'8 you arent undersized for any position.

Leave a comment:

• Red and White
    replied
    Nick wrote: View Post
    There's absolutely no need for Tolliver. I think he would of been a good guy to grab earlier, but we have tons of forwards now. We need a backup sf who can play some defence.

sf: Belli?
    pf: Kleiza/Davis/Dorsey/Evans

Not that bad of a squad if we can get somebody to fill the sf.
    Why do you think that we need a starting c and pf, then 1 backup c and pf. Look what the warriors did, they had so much depth at that spot (pf) that they all played good minutes, and all played very well.

The raptors could use a system like this. Injuries didnt affect them, fatigue was never a problem. The raptors could have a Amir, Davis, Tolliver, and even Evans. Mabye i am wrong, but i would love to see that. Amir would play 20, Tolliver Davis round 12 each, and the rest to evans. With this new run and gun identity of the raptors, a small lineup is key. I mean Amir could play C and Tolliver pf, or the other way around. We would have the fastest line up. We would get beaten up on d unless Jay Triano only holds Defensive and conditioning practices. I am not saying we will make the play offs, but for the future of the team i think this would be the smartest decision. Sign him to a 1 year deal, i it dosnt work, dont re sign him.

It is just an idea... lol

Leave a comment:

• Nick
    replied
    There's absolutely no need for Tolliver. I think he would of been a good guy to grab earlier, but we have tons of forwards now. We need a backup sf who can play some defence.

sf: Belli?
    pf: Kleiza/Davis/Dorsey/Evans

Not that bad of a squad if we can get somebody to fill the sf.

Leave a comment:

• LBF
    replied
    for tolliver, ya. I guess. but, hes still nice as a third stringer. i'd doubt hed hurt us and i think hed be better than andersen and to the guy who said hes undersized so is shawn marion and in his prime he was a 20 and 10 guy.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    The Raptors already gave a guy a lot of money based on potential. He's getting more than $2M. A S&T would be needed.

Leave a comment:

• LBF
    replied
    ya, it would but another sf who is on the trade block is james johnson from chicago who could be had for less than jeff green and has good potential.

Leave a comment:

• Balls of Steel
    replied
    This may be just wishful thinking but it would be nice for BC to make a run for Jeff Green. He really is a SF and he would be a great addition. I mention this because OKC might not be able to keep ALL of their core players. Plus, it's a small market and a team would benefit from a number of expiring contracts as well. I dunno, I'm just fantasizing.

Leave a comment:

• LBF
    replied
    i dont know. golden state doesnt seem as enthusiastic as they did before.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X