Should the Raptors drop/trade the following players:
    Reggie Evans
    Marco Bellenlli
    Jose Calderon
    Joey Dorsey
    Marcus Banks
    Dwayne Jones
    Patrick OBryant

c'mon dude. This is WAAAAY too much for a single thread. Especially without contributing your own position. IMO.
    "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Well it is a lot but I'll take a stab or two:

Gilbert Arenas - I thought so a month or so ago, but dead set on no now. Uncertain health and motivation, and a potential cancer to the younger players.
      Carl Landry - Nice but redundant for the Raptors.
      Mike Conley - I don't know his game...at all. I don't see it, but will leave for anyone else to comment.
      Xavier Henry - certainly, especially with his troubles with signing. Could be a great upside player and may be had for little due to the "negotiations".
      Monta Ellis - nah, quick but not sure I see a fit, especially at $11M. He needs to push himself more, at the same time learn how to control the ball (turnovers).
      Andris Bidreins - Perhaps, might work, he isn't happy, but will he be here. He seems to want to be a focus of the offense and get the ball passed into him. Not sure that will work with the 'Bargnani' plan. So on second thought maybe...
      Marcus Camby(again) - Would love him but let's move on. If we get anything here it is the risk on injury prone Oden.

Reggie Evans - Love his ethic, but ba-bye. Trade bait.
      Marco Bellenlli - for the right fit yes, otherwise no.
      Jose Calderon - I am on the pro-Calderon side, however prefer to see him traded.
      Joey Dorsey - keep, cheap chance to take.
      Marcus Banks - trade bait with the expiring.
      Dwayne Jones - Who knows, he will be trade fodder, or a solid bench warmer.
      Patrick OBryant - dude, he's gone, not to be back.

Comment

Give us your opinion first lol

Comment

Maleko wrote: View Post

Gilbert Arenas - I thought so a month or so ago, but dead set on no now. Uncertain health and motivation, and a potential cancer to the younger players.
          Mike Conley - I don't know his game...at all. I don't see it, but will leave for anyone else to comment.
          Xavier Henry - certainly, especially with his troubles with signing. Could be a great upside player and may be had for little due to the "negotiations".
          Monta Ellis - nah, quick but not sure I see a fit, especially at $11M. He needs to push himself more, at the same time learn how to control the ball (turnovers).
          Andris Bidreins - Perhaps, might work, he isn't happy, but will he be here. He seems to want to be a focus of the offense and get the ball passed into him. Not sure that will work with the 'Bargnani' plan. So on second thought maybe...
          Marcus Camby(again) - Would love him but let's move on. If we get anything here it is the risk on injury prone Oden.

Jose Calderon - I am on the pro-Calderon side, however prefer to see him traded.
          Gilbert Arenas:Yea big deal gilbert made one bad mistake and he was doing it for a joke without knowing the consequences, thats like saying kobe shouldnt play because of what he was charged with. He's still a good player whos had time to reflect on what he did and is already more mature and knows that what he did was wrong.

Carl Landry: Could agree if amir left the team but amir leaving the young gunz is like saying LBJ will only average 5ppg

Mike Conley: He's has been compared to a younger ,faster, stronger and more defensive version of TJ Ford who likes to push the ball, which can be good for the uptempo system i think BC is trying to make.

Monta Ellis: its not like he's were gonna get worse a trade for calderon and someone could benefit both teams.For the raptors we can get a top tier defender who can run and get points and pass the ball with the best point guards in the league. For the Warriors they get a passing genius which fits their run and gun system of not playing much defense(calderon specilty)

Andris Bidreins: You can change him to Tasyuan prince

Marcus Camby: after seeing his injuries i think i agree with you maybe another 7 foot defender.

Xavier Henry: If Memphis could sign him then trade him with Mike Conley for a package of Calderon, Belleneli and Money/ Draft pick we could be looking at a very good team or better then we were last week
          Last edited by lankanzero; Mon Aug 9, 2010, 09:47 PM.

Comment

Seeing how our roster is made up of young guys....Xavier Henry all the way if were BC. I would throw anything at Memphis for him lol except obviously the young guns

Comment

Maleko wrote: View Post

I like your style. No tasks is ever too big to tackle. Let me add my two cents.

Reggie and Marcus - package and trade to some one looking for cap relief
              Marco - keep and develop him as a long term security for SG. His game is decent and he comes cheap.
              Joey - cheap and strong so keep to fill space or the bench
              Jose - if only we had signed him to a decent contract as a back up. Damn you Colangelo. Trade
              "Winning isn't every thing, it's the only thing."

Comment

Lets see...

Gilbert Arenas - Too old, too injured
                Carl Landry - Nice but redundant for the Raptors. ---True
                Mike Conley -I like his game but a little short
                Xavier Henry - That would be theft. Xavier at the 2, DeRozen at the 3 would be sick.
                Monta Ellis - Depends who we trade him for. Could be a Jamal Crawford type.
                Andris Bidreins - Like his game more than Bargs (he's at least a real 5)
                Marcus Camby(again) -No

Reggie Evans - Yes.
                Marco Bellenlli - Maybe
                Jose Calderon - Only for the right piece
                Joey Dorsey - No
                Dwayne Jones - Hell yes
                Patrick OBryant - I don't hate the playa I hate his mediocre game, but he really milked that one good NCAA tourney...I respect that -- have fun playing in China.

Comment

just a little name to throw into the hat - Patty Mills.

If we look to trade out Jose, Banks and to a smaller extent Marco then a cheap option at the point could be handy. With a few years and a few minutes to work with he could be a very good player. Portland have the qualifying on him but there roster is currently at 15 which only opens the door.
                  everybody wang chun tonight

Comment

Should the Raptors go after the following players:
                    Gilbert Arenas = NO
                    Carl Landry = NO
                    Mike Conley = NO
                    Xavier Henry =YES
                    Monta Ellis = NO
                    Andris Bidreins = NO
                    Marcus Camby(again) = NO

Reggie Evans = YES
                    Marco Bellenlli = NO
                    Jose Calderon = YES
                    Joey Dorsey = NO
                    Marcus Banks = YES
                    Dwayne Jones = YES
                    Patrick OBryant = YES

Comment

Gilbert Arenas - No, we need playmaking point guards
                      Carl Landry - No, brings nothing we don't already have
                      Mike Conley - Haven't seen enough of him
                      Xavier Henry - Haven't seen him, youth movement is good - is there an attitude problem because he won't sign? (don't know the issues)
                      Monta Ellis - sexy choice but not the right fit IMO
                      Andris Bidreins - already said he is my choice for a realistic addition (16% free throw last year really hurts)
                      Marcus Camby(again) - could fit beside Bargs, but Biedrins fits the youth movement better

Reggie Evans - yes, dorsey is more agile and cheaper
                      Marco Bellenlli - i like him as our back-up point with barbosa at the 2 - defensive nightmare
                      Jose Calderon - love calderon's dedication, but he has to go..especially since the botched trade
                      Joey Dorsey - keep him
                      Marcus Banks - neutral - use him in a trade
                      Dwayne Jones - neutral
                      Patrick OBryant - see you later

Comment

lankanzero wrote: View Post
                        Gilbert Arenas
                        Carl Landry
                        Mike Conley
                        Xavier Henry
                        Monta Ellis
                        Andris Bidreins
                        Marcus Camby(again)

Reggie Evans
                        Marco Bellenlli
                        Jose Calderon
                        Joey Dorsey
                        Marcus Banks
                        Dwayne Jones
                        Patrick OBryant
                        I would take a chance on gilbert but I think toronto will be extremely mindful of bringing in star players at this point.

Andris Bidreins is the only other player on that list i would look at seriously.

Comment

i've said it before in the other xavier henry thread, but i froth at the mouth at the idea of getting him. a terrific shooter and great defender, he'd fit on the team perfectly at the shooting guard. outside of DD give memphis whoever they want for him. if we could get conley too that'd be awesome.
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

a young nucleus of henry, DD, davis and weems is boner inducing. if we can draft or get a stud PG and center in the next couple years we'll be a force to be reckoned with sooner than later.
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Seems Detroit just signed TMac:
                              http://www.nbadaily.net/wiretaps.cfm?id=688

Maybe Rip or Tayshaun can be had?
                              The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

Working...
                              X