Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Harrison Barnes Bowl

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The Harrison Barnes Bowl

    Source

  • #2
    hope t-wolves can get off to a good start n raps can just hang on for the loss...

    Comment


    • #3
      Raps need a pg. Brandon Knight > Harrison Barnes

      Comment


      • #4
        vinnie_paz wrote: View Post
        hope t-wolves can get off to a good start n raps can just hang on for the loss...
        IDC if you have a reason or not, hoping your team loses in my book is just flat out wrong.
        Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Wed Aug 11th, 2010, 03:52 AM.

        Comment


        • #5
          RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
          IDC if you have a reason or not, hoping your team loses in my book is just flat out wrong.
          Agreed. Utterly ridiculous. You never know when you will get a Greg Oden. To rely on losing to get the 'best player' is foolishness. Go back to your video games.

          Comment


          • #6
            I think that the wolves have a better chance of beating us now then they ever did, so we have nothing to worry about, i dont like the fact that we are loosing games on purpose(using the word loosely) I always think it is the cheapest thing you can do. if the raptors start throwing games away then i might just have to boycott the season lol. Its so weird because we are already waving the white flag, give the players a chance first.

            Comment


            • #7
              The Raptors won't be losing games on purpose this season. They've never operated in that fashion. They'll be losing games while trying to win.

              Comment


              • #8
                RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                IDC if you have a reason or not, hoping your team loses in my book is just flat out wrong.
                agreed wholeheartedly.

                besides, its a cold day in hell when the worst team in the league actually gets the first pick in the lottery.

                Comment


                • #9
                  RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                  IDC if you have a reason or not, hoping your team loses in my book is just flat out wrong.
                  Afraid, thats a bit too dogmatic. As a follower/fan of the team (emphasis on team and longterm view), "hoping" the Raps lose "one" game so they can win many many more the following seasons because of a draft position is not a moral-type dilemma for myself. This isnt a "laying money down on the team to lose" type of situation.

                  That said, witness the lottery situation this past draft, NJ did not draw the short straw as the numbers would have it. I am sure the team will play hard and I cant see Triano (if he is still there at the end) or BC advocating a tank. That is just not good policy for running a franchise.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Losing on purpose warrants a total boycott. It ain't happening folks. Why would a franchise do that? It would free fall our stocks to the basement of Hell. We would lose all and any respect in the league. NJ Nets anyone? Wack.
                    The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.


                    "My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
                    Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
                    www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
                    http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
                    http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Bendit wrote: View Post
                      Afraid, thats a bit too dogmatic. As a follower/fan of the team (emphasis on team and longterm view), "hoping" the Raps lose "one" game so they can win many many more the following seasons because of a draft position is not a moral-type dilemma for myself. This isnt a "laying money down on the team to lose" type of situation.

                      That said, witness the lottery situation this past draft, NJ did not draw the short straw as the numbers would have it. I am sure the team will play hard and I cant see Triano (if he is still there at the end) or BC advocating a tank. That is just not good policy for running a franchise.
                      No. Your not hoping they lose "one" game, you are hoping they lose enough to get a good position in the draft.

                      To me this is wrong on so many levels. First off they havn't even played one pre-season game, but you have decided to write them off.

                      Talk about fair weather fans

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        what if you were a fan of the timberwolves and you want david kahn to not be running the team anymore..

                        every game the timberwolves lose, means kahn is closer to getting fired, and hopefully someone better comes in and makes the team better.

                        so really, if you want your team to get better, you need a change in the front office in minnesota, and that will only come with a lot of losses.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          who said anything about losing on purpose ?

                          and who said anything about the draft ?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            vinnie_paz wrote: View Post
                            what if you were a fan of the timberwolves and you want david kahn to not be running the team anymore..

                            every game the timberwolves lose, means kahn is closer to getting fired, and hopefully someone better comes in and makes the team better.

                            so really, if you want your team to get better, you need a change in the front office in minnesota, and that will only come with a lot of losses.
                            i dont think fans in minny are worried about them sucking being a "what if" scenario

                            but they'll definitely be happy as shit those 5 or 6 times they win at home.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              heinz57 wrote: View Post
                              i dont think fans in minny are worried about them sucking being a "what if" scenario

                              but they'll definitely be happy as shit those 5 or 6 times they win at home.
                              hahaha n u think the raps are that much better ?
                              and asnwer the question... does a t-wolves fan have the right to hope his team loses so that the owner can fire kahn
                              ?

                              do u want me to mention some of the trades that david kahn has made?

                              traded al jeffereson for pretty much nothing, acquired beasely... u want me to go on ?

                              jefferson in 08-09 was putting up 23pts 11 rbds and 1.7 blocks.
                              everyone in the nba knows that the type of injury he had requires 18 months to fully revover from... the fact that he played well last season was a sign that next season would be even better in terms of the injury and the healing.

                              he drafted like 5 pg's and then the following year he drafted 3 sf's and aquired another sf from portland ?


                              does a poor fan in minny not have to be thinking man i just wish we lose, so david kahn quits or gets fired ??

                              sadly, that's how i feel about our gm.

                              dont care about the draft, or anything else. just want a new gm who doesnt go around and say.. hmmm barnes is available ok we'll sign him and then oh barbosa..perfect..lets check europe...nice sign kleiza...

                              thats not how you put together a team. you dont just go oooh hedo is available lets sign him and not worry about the fact that we already have a weak defense from our C, PF, and PG... and now you're adding another weak wing defender and not realizing how bad the team will be on def.

                              and where did the raps finish last season in points against ? that rite... last
                              Last edited by vinnie_paz; Wed Aug 11th, 2010, 01:28 PM.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X