Johnson, Weems, Jack, Kleiza, Davis & Belinelli... All Have A Lot To Prove

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Johnson, Weems, Jack, Kleiza, Davis & Belinelli... All Have A Lot To Prove

amir, weems, jack, kleiza, n belli are all players who we acquired pretty much for nothing...
    davis dropped in the draft all the way to 13th...

if im jay triano all day everyday im telling these guys how the rest of the league thinks ur nothing...

u wana prove them wrong... commit to solid d n giv it everything u hav every second ur on the court...

to some extent u can add calderon n bargs to this list..

Comment

This OP is straight-up weak.

You can put every player on the current Raptors roster on this "list". Every one of them (including the team's entire coaching staff) knows they have something to prove to the league and to themselves.

Conversely, both Jack and Kleiza were acquired as free agents for "considerable coin"; while Johnson, in turn, was re-acquired for "substantial coin".
      RR OG

Comment

vinnie_paz wrote: View Post
        you want to prove them wrong...commit to solid d and give it everything you have every second you are on the court...
        Fixed the last sentence for you.

In all seriousness though, I agree with Realizar. Everyone on the Raptors, including our coach and GM has something to prove. The next season is full of "what ifs" and "if only". Even marketing has to resort to "Young Guns" and "potential" to try and sell tickets.

Comment

I think that the whole Raptors team has a lot to prove. And all of the players need to step up. We have a completely new team, new plays, new schemes. Everything has changed, so unless everyone steps up, we are officially screwed.

Comment

Bargnani, Calderon, Barbosa and Jack have the most to prove because the first three are making the most money on the roster and their ain't no Bosh no more. Jack is expected to make the Young Gunz go off like Grant's infantry at Shiloh.

1. Can Bargnani do more than be a well worn unpolished brown shoe?
            2. Can Calderon, if he is around for 10-11, play like a blue blooded Spaniard? or will he play like Jack's punk?
            3. Will Barbosa be able to thrive outside of the Arizona desert evenings? Will the cyst return? He got a lot to prove without Nash making it easy for him to score. Especially if he is playing next to Jack who is not famous for his high assist total
            4. Can Jack figure out that as a PG you got to get more assists?

A lot is expected of those four, more than the names on this this thread. At least that is what all the posts have been saying especially with respect to Bargnani.

If Bargnani can't be averaging 22 and 8 come February 1, 2011, BC should definitely consider moving him before the trade line unless Carlesimo can teach him what the words "team defense" mean and Bargnani can learn how to play it and then actually go out game in and game out and play it.

Just my opinion
            Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
            Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

22 points? I don't think so... Maybe for a month, or two. Maybe even half of the year, but I think if he gets 20 a game, it would already be pretty great. More than his scoring averages, he needs to improve his free throw shooting, he is usually great, but he was so inconsistent from the line last year.

Comment

Man, moving Bargs with 22 and 8. Aren't those the numbers we are hoping for him to achieve? I find it ironic that once the player reaches full potential that it is then suggested that he be moved. I'm not criticizing you Buddah, but I'm sure you're not alone in those thoughts. I personally would find it difficult to move a player like Bargs once he hits his potential. I also believe that BC just wants the illusion that he's placing the best on the floor at the moment. I am convinced that the team could really bomb and we can get to the top 5 in next year's draft. If BC REALLY WANTED TO PUT THE BEST ON THE FLOOR (short-term), there's no one stopping him from getting Okafor using the Bosh TPE. Plain and simple. Emeka is the best center to pair with Bargs.

Let the floodgates of hate be open...
                “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

@Balls of Steel: I don't think you understood what Buddha said. He said that we would have to consider trading Bargs if he DOES NOT average 22 and 8 HAHA

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
                    I think that the whole Raptors team has a lot to prove. And all of the players need to step up. We have a completely new team, new plays, new schemes. Everything has changed, so unless everyone steps up, we are officially screwed.
                    +1
                    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
                      We have new plays, new defensive schemes? I doubt that. Our coach is busy coaching the Yanks.

Comment

How can you doubt it? We lost the main player in most of our plays. Everything is at least being shifted to another player. But you can't make Bargs do what Bosh did. I'm quite sure new plays and schemes are going to be introduced. If not, we are dead.

Comment

James Ballswin (Realizar) wrote: View Post
                          Conversely, both Jack and Kleiza were acquired as free agents for "considerable coin"; while Johnson, in turn, was re-acquired for "substantial coin".
                          Exactly. Those three together come at a cost of a little more than "nothing" to say the least.

The offense won't be that much different. Just different guys getting bigger roles.
                          Last edited by Apollo; Wed Aug 11, 2010, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Time to inflate stats for latter trading?

Comment

Oh, I think if Jose is here in late October he will be getting showcased at times.

Comment

Working...
                              X