Possibilities In Raptorland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possibilities In Raptorland

Everybody's been saying that the raptors are re- tooling, i agree and amid all the crazy things happening in raptorland with bosh leaving, turk being traded etc..., here's my gut feeling... We all know what kind of GM BC is, no one to him is untrade- able, now that the league is somewhat quiet and most GMs are just going on their holidays, its BC's time to work, besides the turk trade and the niched trade with the Bobcats, BC's been laying low with some very little moves like the andersen trade and just recently, for julian wright. These are not team altering trades but one or two are comming, one would involve jose of course in a package deal and if jose gets traded, there is a good possibility that Bargs is next. I like bargs, dont get me wrong folks but this is just my gut feeling.

You are welcome to your gut feeling however my gut feeling is bargs won't go until at least the trade deadline, if at all. As for calderon it is no secret bc has been trying to move him but the right deal may not come along this off season. Can we assume coangelo is trying to make more moves? Absolutely. Will he be able to pull off a game changing deal? Doubtful.
    "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Okay, maybe Bargnani's contract is way to big. But unless we get real big offers, which we probably won't, why would he be traded? He is the future of our franchise, and also the Andersen trade was plain stupid. I didn't really get the point of it, Andersen is horrible... Wright could help us or kill us. His defence is good, but he is useless at shooting...

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
        Okay, maybe Bargnani's contract is way to big. But unless we get real big offers, which we probably won't, why would he be traded? He is the future of our franchise, and also the Andersen trade was plain stupid. I didn't really get the point of it, Andersen is horrible... Wright could help us or kill us. His defence is good, but he is useless at shooting...
        Has anybody here seen Anderson play? I was actually really surprised at his talent level the couple times I caught him in action. The boy can score from all over and hustles. I liked that deal and the Wright deal. Neither player is really going to be in a position to hurt us. To me they were pretty low risk moves that could help us.

Comment

Your gut-feeling is not a feeling, it's an upset stomach.

Other than Calderon, he doesn't really have a bargaining chip UNLESS he puts Bargnani on the table. That won't happen because he is the one player on the Raptors that is untouchable. He'd trade DeRozan before he'd trade Bargnani so I'm not sure if BC has "one or two" big moves coming. The Calderon trade I can see, so that's the first, but the second one would have to involve the TPE and I rather he hang on to that till next year.

Comment

I dont want any more big moves because big moves mean big risks . I just want medium moves that make us better maybe calderon for a backup center?
            ya dun noe

Comment

Jack and Johnson for a starting center and a back-up point guard and Bargs moves to the 4 spot.

Comment

I think we really have to put the "Bargs will be traded" idea to rest.

One, Colangelo came out and flat out said Bargnani will get more opportunities now that Bosh is gone.

Bargnani's face is plastered all over the Raptors official site and season tickets.

Who else are you going to put infront of Bargnani as the franchise player? You can throw in a million reasons why Bargnani is not a franchise player but the fact of the matter is, right now, he is the franchise player. Pretty much the same situation for Bosh when VC left. Bosh might not be or ever will be a franchise player, but he was called one as there were no other choice for the team. Exact same scenario with Bargnani.

Comment

Nah

I suspect Colangelo will hang on to Bargnani for a while. He was BC's first big splash and I think he'd want to see how things proceed with Bargnani's further growth and the opportunity/burden of being the number one option. The addition of Julian Wright adds more youth and there is hope that he shows the potential rather than proves to be a bust. At this point I would much rather see Colangelo tinker with the team and let the current pieces develop. If he proceeds with a drastic move, nobody will every get a clear picture of how the team's potential. Any trades at this time ought to involve pieces that BC believes other GMs are overvaluing. With the uncertainty about the potential of this roster has, I suspect that would not be the case.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
                    Who else are you going to put infront of Bargnani as the franchise player? You can throw in a million reasons why Bargnani is not a franchise player but the fact of the matter is, right now, he is the franchise player. Pretty much the same situation for Bosh when VC left. Bosh might not be or ever will be a franchise player, but he was called one as there were no other choice for the team. Exact same scenario with Bargnani.
                    And how did that turn out?

We already backed the wrong horse for seven years, do you really want the Raptors repeating that mistake?

Comment

i like the pieces we have, actually. a young core of athletic guys mixed with hustle players. and then bargs, who i feel is going to have a real breakout season. he's never going to be a reliable guy on defense, but he's gonna put up some points.

my prediction for the season is we're gonna blow for the first half and then come on real strong in the second. finish 10th or 11th in the east. get another young stud in the draft and mix it up next year.
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

It is my sense that by then end of the season more Raptors fans will be talking about either DeRozan or Davis being the face of the franchise starting in 11-12 and not Bargnani - We shall see.
                        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

It is my sense that by then end of the season more Raptors fans will be talking about either DeRozan or Davis being the face of the franchise starting in 11-12 and not Bargnani - We shall see.
                          Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                          Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
                            And how did that turn out?

We already backed the wrong horse for seven years, do you really want the Raptors repeating that mistake?
                            +1

Comment

I've said this before and I will say this again - BC would rather trade his right testicles in the black market than trade Bargs. Never in a million years!!!!
                              “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Working...
                              X