Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Ed Davis Thread - Can Davis And Johnson Play Together Effectively?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    SirChillyMost wrote: View Post
    You think so, huh?lol To each their own..............
    I don't think so. It appears you think so.

    So why don't you define a "small ball unit" as you understand it according to height, weight, scoring skills/location and anything else that you want to define it.

    I have already defined it as I see it. A small ball unit is one in which the average height of the players is below average, one in which the low post game is very limited and one in which the rebounding is significantly below average. Though the last point could apply to a unit that has the other two qualities but just can't rebound.

    Now it is your turn

    Are you up to it.? or are you going to respond with some sarcasm or an attempted put down?
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

    Memories some so sweet, indeed

    Larger Photo of the avatar



    “As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

    Comment


    • #17
      Buddahfan wrote: View Post
      I think when Triano/BC mentioned small ball for 10-11 they were thinking of something like this

      Johnson/Bargnani
      DeRozan/Weems
      Calderon/Kleiza
      Jack
      Barbosa
      That is the wort defensive lineup in the league. Triano is not dumb and would never put out a lineup in which there is barely any defense at three of the five positions.

      Comment


      • #18
        shazzy wrote: View Post
        That is the wort defensive lineup in the league. Triano is not dumb and would never put out a lineup in which there is barely any defense at three of the five positions.
        I never said I was in favor of it.

        I happen to think that small ball sucks under any circumstances except in a frantic play to close a big gap in the score with very little time left in the game.

        I think based upon the current Raptors roster the Raptors best lineup will be

        Johnson
        Bargnani
        DeRozan
        Kleiza
        Jack/Calderon depending on whether Calderon is still around.
        Last edited by Buddahfan; Thu Aug 12th, 2010, 08:22 PM.
        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

        Memories some so sweet, indeed

        Larger Photo of the avatar



        “As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

        Comment


        • #19
          Buddahfan wrote: View Post
          With Johnson and Davis you have two guys that can score in the low post
          johnson can score in the post ?? lol against who ?

          Comment


          • #20
            davis
            amir
            wright
            weems
            derozan

            I would love to see what that line up looks like

            Comment


            • #21
              unless theyre dribbling a basketball thru traffic (not gunna be pretty).

              Comment


              • #22
                vinnie_paz wrote: View Post
                johnson can score in the post ?? lol against who ?
                Here are some stats from 82games.com

                Inside
                -----------
                Percent of his Field Goals Attempts From The Inside---79%
                FG% on Inside shots--------------------------------70.7%

                http://www.82games.com/0910/09TOR9.HTM

                These are Johnson's point per possession in the following situations and his NBA ranking in points per possession in each situation as well as his overall ppp and overall ppp ranking in the NBA.

                amir johnson

                pick & roll:----------------1.38 ppp,----- 4th
                post-up:------------------- 1.21 ppp,---- 4th
                offensive reb:------------- 1.28 ppp,---- 25th
                transition:----------------- 1.54 ppp,----- 4th
                overall:-------------------- 1.14 ppp,---- 6th

                http://nba-25-15.blogspot.com/2010/0...-vs-amare.html
                Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

                Memories some so sweet, indeed

                Larger Photo of the avatar



                “As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                  I don't think so. It appears you think so.

                  So why don't you define a "small ball unit" as you understand it according to height, weight, scoring skills/location and anything else that you want to define it.

                  I have already defined it as I see it. A small ball unit is one in which the average height of the players is below average, one in which the low post game is very limited and one in which the rebounding is significantly below average. Though the last point could apply to a unit that has the other two qualities but just can't rebound.

                  Now it is your turn

                  Are you up to it.? or are you going to respond with some sarcasm or an attempted put down?
                  Like I said to each their own. If that's what you call a small ball line up so be it. I'm not going to waste time arguing over something I know with someone I don't know. I adhere by the never argue with a fool because from a distance you can't tell who is who- especially over the internet- doctrine. Not a diss, just keepin' it 100%.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    vinnie_paz wrote: View Post
                    johnson can score in the post ?? lol against who ?
                    Reggie Evans, blindfolded on his knees.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X