Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sonny Weems Should Start

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Sonny Weems Should Start

    A lot of people on RR think that Klieza should start. I, personally, do not. What's the point of all this hype about the Young Gunz if they won't even be able to play with each other. At this point in time, the Raptors should look to create even more chemistry on and off the court with our young studs. Now I did not calculate any numbers or anything, someone else can do that. So instead of having Kleiza, DeRozan should play the three while Weems plays the two. To be honest, I don't mind that Weems plays the three and DeRozan plays the two, aslong as they are playing together. With that being said my projected line-up, if the season were about to start tomorrow would be:

    Pg- Jack
    Sg- Weems
    Sf- DeRozan
    Pf- Amir/Davis
    C- Bargnani

    My question to RR is, who do you think will start for the Raptors this season.

  • #2
    start davis,kleiza, and barbosa and then the young guns can play together.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

    Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

    Comment


    • #3
      1. cp3
      2. tyreke evans
      3. k durant
      4. gasol
      5. noah

      all of these players will be acquired by trading jose calderon, reggie evans, and marcus banks

      Comment


      • #4
        The only two I am pretty sure will be in the lineup opening night will be Bargnani and DeRozan.

        Weems or Kleiza could start
        Johnson or Davis could start

        Calderon started the last 17 games of last season so I am not convinced that Jack will start.

        I can say.

        Johnson was and will be better utilized on offense when he plays with Calderon rather than Jack.

        In fact the whole offense will be better utilized if Calderon starts then if Jack does. As far as the defense goes, Jack may be somewhat better but personally I don't think it makes up for Calderon's superior dimes ability and shooting ability if Calderon returns to form in 10-11.

        Most people are assuming Calderon will be gone before opening night 2010-11.

        As for me, when I see it I will believe it.
        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

        Memories some so sweet, indeed

        Larger Photo of the avatar



        “As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

        Comment


        • #5
          i think sonnys role is more suited for a high energy bench type guy right now, plus i dont see why BC would give such a fat contract to kleiza if he wasnt going to give him quality minutes until he proves otherwise.
          The only way i can see Sonny starting is at the 2 and challenging for Demars spot throughout the season, theres no way he can start at the 3 all season long dun think he has the body for it.

          Comment


          • #6
            I hope Jay/BC lets the players earn their spots in training camp instead of handing out jobs- if he does that I can see Weems outplaying Kleiza and earning the starting spot at the 2 next to DeMar. Weems & DeRozan on the wings. If Jay/BC plays contracts over talent then it could be a long season.

            Kleiza is overrated as a SF as he can't put the ball on the floor nor create his own shot he's mostly catch and shoot player. Best suited coming off the bench as a stretch 4.

            Jack is the new leader in TO- he will start:

            Bargnani
            Johnson
            DeRozan
            Weems
            Jack

            with Barbosa as the 6th man.

            Jose is a goner even if he is still here during training camp he will back up Jack.

            Comment


            • #7
              I would not be opposed to the idea of Sonny starting at the 2 and DeMar at the three IF, DeMar has grown a lot stronger over the summer AND his rebounding skills have increased. My question would be why on earth are so many people pushing for Sonny in the starting five when he doesn't compensate for any of Bargnani's deficiencies at the 5? I'm not sure DeMar can guard half the 3's in the league yet so strike one. Kleiza is one of those guys who doesn't need a lot of looks to be effective, Weems does need looks. Strike two. Can DeMar rebound as good as Kleiza? If not then strike three.

              Comment


              • #8
                The reason you play DeRozan and Weems together is to have two athletic swingmen with major hops wrecking havoc on the rim. The reason you don't play DeRozan and Weems together is potential redundancy and lack of range. Kleiza brings outside shooting, something neither DeRozan or Weems bring.

                Really it's going to come down to what Triano sees in training camp. The only for sure starter that I can think of right now is Andrea Bargnani. The 1-4 spots, though, are up for grabs.

                Comment


                • #9
                  DeMar is starting- book it.

                  Kleiza can't create his own shot and will get exposed trying to guard starting NBA 3's in my mind. Sonny and DeMar have chemistry plus both are super athletic with improving Js.

                  DeMar is tearing up the various LA Pro AM players ( I know it's only Pro Am). DeMar's head is at rim level so often it's ridiculous http://twitpic.com/2ds5k7

                  He's starting to display that VC jumping ability all he needs is better handles and a more consistent J with range which both look to have improved over the summer from what I have seen.

                  I'll say it right now DeMar aka AirComp10 will be the Rap's best player next season, truss.
                  Last edited by SirChillyMost; Thu Aug 12th, 2010, 06:50 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    If you want to get a jump on the lead, knowing that the league is getting faster in regards to tempo, then you start:

                    Jack
                    DD
                    Weems
                    Amir
                    Bargs (I say Bargs, even though he's better at the 4, because he spreads the floor with his shot and is the only experienced "C" against the likes of Dwight, Shaq, Duncan, etc...and I think that's important, given our roster)


                    But, if you wanna look at it from a contractual standpoint, then:

                    JJ
                    DD
                    Kleiza
                    Amir
                    Bargs

                    All in all, I agree that EVERY player earns a spot. And that is key to how Triano will be able to assess the team and create playbooks and units, IMO.
                    The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.


                    "My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
                    Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
                    www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
                    http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
                    http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      DD can't play the 3, he'd get killed on the defence, period. Kleiza is a better player than Weems, right now. Maybe this will be Weems break out year (I hope so too), but right now I'm giving the edge to Kleiza.
                      I think the young gunz could be a whole lot of fun, but they haven't proven anything yet, so they could also suck terribly. Something else to consider is the young gunz vs. Triano's coaching style. He may find Barbosa, Bargs, and Wright more effective and limit the young gunz, it all depends on attitude, coaching style, wins/loses, etc.
                      So right now, while I like Weems and the boys, there is still a lot of question marks out there. That being said I wish the season started today!

                      Go Raps!
                      i8theball.com it's a website...about, you know....basketball.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        pillowmint wrote: View Post
                        DD can't play the 3, he'd get killed on the defence, period. Kleiza is a better player than Weems, right now. Maybe this will be Weems break out year (I hope so too), but right now I'm giving the edge to Kleiza.
                        I think the young gunz could be a whole lot of fun, but they haven't proven anything yet, so they could also suck terribly. Something else to consider is the young gunz vs. Triano's coaching style. He may find Barbosa, Bargs, and Wright more effective and limit the young gunz, it all depends on attitude, coaching style, wins/loses, etc.
                        So right now, while I like Weems and the boys, there is still a lot of question marks out there. That being said I wish the season started today!

                        Go Raps!
                        Here are the calculated records of the five man units that the "Young Gunz" played on together in 09-10.

                        Young Gunz plus

                        Bargnani and Jack 7 - 5
                        Bargnani and Calderon 6 - 4

                        http://www.82games.com/0910/09TOR9.HTM
                        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

                        Memories some so sweet, indeed

                        Larger Photo of the avatar



                        “As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Yes,
                          FreeSonnyW , FreeWonnyW

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            SirChillyMost wrote: View Post
                            I hope Jay/BC lets the players earn their spots in training camp instead of handing out jobs- if he does that I can see Weems outplaying Kleiza and earning the starting spot at the 2 next to DeMar. Weems & DeRozan on the wings. If Jay/BC plays contracts over talent then it could be a long season.

                            Kleiza is overrated as a SF as he can't put the ball on the floor nor create his own shot he's mostly catch and shoot player. Best suited coming off the bench as a stretch 4.

                            Jack is the new leader in TO- he will start:

                            Bargnani
                            Johnson
                            DeRozan
                            Weems
                            Jack

                            with Barbosa as the 6th man.

                            Jose is a goner even if he is still here during training camp he will back up Jack.
                            agree with hoping jay makes players earn their mins... and if that does happen which it wont, bargs will not be starting... davis and johnson are way more committed to rebounding and defense.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Apollo wrote: View Post
                              I would not be opposed to the idea of Sonny starting at the 2 and DeMar at the three IF, DeMar has grown a lot stronger over the summer AND his rebounding skills have increased. My question would be why on earth are so many people pushing for Sonny in the starting five when he doesn't compensate for any of Bargnani's deficiencies at the 5? I'm not sure DeMar can guard half the 3's in the league yet so strike one. Kleiza is one of those guys who doesn't need a lot of looks to be effective, Weems does need looks. Strike two. Can DeMar rebound as good as Kleiza? If not then strike three.
                              weems can do anything kleiza can.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X