Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sonny Weems Should Start

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    vinnie_paz wrote: View Post
    where did i say hedo WAS a glue guy... everyone knows what a glue guy is.

    the part about an unusual skill like a guard who rebounds or a big man who shoots HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH BEING A GLUE GUY !

    bargs is a big who can shoot is he a glue guy ?

    why would a big that can shoot be considered a glue guy ?

    a glue guy is someone who never gives up, hustles, plays hard all the time. and keeps his teammates motivated to play hard.

    and leinus klieza has NONE of those qualities...
    Linus Kleiza is tough, smart, unselfish and versatile. I'd say he fits the description pretty good.

    The quote didn't say "A glue guy is a big who can shoot" "It said a Glue Guy often has an unusual skill"

    Comment


    • #62
      yes and im telling you that having an unusual skill such as a big who can shoot or a g that can rebound HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH BEING A GLUE GUY.

      based on what can you tell me kleiza is unselfish ?
      his last 2 seasons in denver he took more than 3 3ptr's a game (shooting 33%)
      and has 1 assist ?

      based on what can you tell me he is tough ?

      based on what can you tell me he is smart ? or smarter than the avg nba player ?

      based on what can you tell me that he is versatile ?
      being able to play 2 positions is not versatile...
      he cant guard the 3 or the 4 (listen to the RR podcast where a guy who covered the nuggets told us kleiza cant guard anyone).
      he cant create his own shot.
      he DOESNT relly shoot that well (2 most recent seasons of 33% from the 3)
      he doesnt have handles

      so where are you getting your facts ?

      i shouldnt even bother with someone who actually posted that glue guys often have an unusual skill like a big that can shoot or a g that can rebound ? hahah like are you serious ?

      please help me understand where you got the knowledge that linus kleiza can do any of the things you mentioned glue guys can do.

      Comment


      • #63
        Marz wrote: View Post
        The reason you play DeRozan and Weems together is to have two athletic swingmen with major hops wrecking havoc on the rim. The reason you don't play DeRozan and Weems together is potential redundancy and lack of range. Kleiza brings outside shooting, something neither DeRozan or Weems bring.

        Really it's going to come down to what Triano sees in training camp. The only for sure starter that I can think of right now is Andrea Bargnani. The 1-4 spots, though, are up for grabs.
        Agreed and also Kleiza brings something else to the starting line-up neither Weems or DeRozan have which is some toughness and much more experience. Unless B.C. makes another move at SF Kleiza is the best we have now for that position and a large upgrade over Turdoluu

        Comment


        • #64
          vinnie_paz wrote: View Post
          yes and im telling you that having an unusual skill such as a big who can shoot or a g that can rebound HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH BEING A GLUE GUY.

          1.) based on what can you tell me kleiza is unselfish ?
          his last 2 seasons in denver he took more than 3 3ptr's a game (shooting 33%)
          and has 1 assist ?

          2.) based on what can you tell me he is tough ?

          3.) based on what can you tell me he is smart ? or smarter than the avg nba player ?

          4.) based on what can you tell me that he is versatile ?
          being able to play 2 positions is not versatile...
          he cant guard the 3 or the 4 (listen to the RR podcast where a guy who covered the nuggets told us kleiza cant guard anyone).
          he cant create his own shot.
          he DOESNT relly shoot that well (2 most recent seasons of 33% from the 3)
          he doesnt have handles

          so where are you getting your facts ?

          5.) i shouldnt even bother with someone who actually posted that glue guys often have an unusual skill like a big that can shoot or a g that can rebound ? hahah like are you serious ?

          please help me understand where you got the knowledge that linus kleiza can do any of the things you mentioned glue guys can do.
          ok.... calm down.... breathe... we can get though this....calm....breathe... you okay? can we continue?......woooooosah....

          Now back to our "discussion". First off let me reiterate that in no way am I saying Kleiza is 'for sure' '100%' "Our Guy". I am saying he has 'qualities' of a Glue Guy. One at a time thou.....

          Number 1.) When talking about "Glue Guys" and "Spot up shooters" do you think selfishness has anything to do with Assists? A "Glue Guy" will go out and do what the team needs him to do. We need a guy in his position to open up the floor with his shooting and grab rebounds. Still with me? We need a guy comfortable with his role as a "Role player". Which he is. That is his unselfishness. We don't want him trying to dribble through 3 defenders and dishing it off for an Assist. He is not a playmaker so we can not measure his succes or 'selfishness' through this stat.

          2.) I can not copy and paste a stat on how 'tough' he is. I guess it's just an opinion. You say you've seen him play and have made an opinion. I say I have watched him play and have made an opinion. There's not much left for us to do but agree to disagree. I can't prove it, but you cant prove anything either.

          3.) Again see above point. I don't how to 'prove' he is smart, and I don't know how you intend to 'prove' he is not. You keep asking for this 'source of knowledge' but you don't provide any of your own.

          4.) That's exactly what versatility means. Being able to play 2 positions. Am I wrong here? Can someone back me up? Or back Vinnie up? Your entire argument is based off of one guy's opinion. One guy from Denver. He can't shoot that well? I think he CAN shoot. The man once dropped 41 points on Utah. I'm not saying he's a killer, but he has proven he can score. He just avg'd almost 20 points in euro league. Say what you want about that league, but the FACT is it has been proven year after year to be a tough place to score. Brandon Jennings PPG were about 5.5 in 17 MPG.

          5.) Actually it was Seth Davis who has been writing for Sports Illustrated for over 15 years.

          Here is the article http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/ins...hoop_thoughts/

          Comment


          • #65
            RecklessIndifference wrote: View Post
            ok.... calm down.... breathe... we can get though this....calm....breathe... you okay? can we continue?......woooooosah....

            Now back to our "discussion". First off let me reiterate that in no way am I saying Kleiza is 'for sure' '100%' "Our Guy". I am saying he has 'qualities' of a Glue Guy. One at a time thou.....

            Number 1.) When talking about "Glue Guys" and "Spot up shooters" do you think selfishness has anything to do with Assists? A "Glue Guy" will go out and do what the team needs him to do. We need a guy in his position to open up the floor with his shooting and grab rebounds. Still with me? We need a guy comfortable with his role as a "Role player". Which he is. That is his unselfishness. We don't want him trying to dribble through 3 defenders and dishing it off for an Assist. He is not a playmaker so we can not measure his succes or 'selfishness' through this stat.

            2.) I can not copy and paste a stat on how 'tough' he is. I guess it's just an opinion. You say you've seen him play and have made an opinion. I say I have watched him play and have made an opinion. There's not much left for us to do but agree to disagree. I can't prove it, but you cant prove anything either.

            3.) Again see above point. I don't how to 'prove' he is smart, and I don't know how you intend to 'prove' he is not. You keep asking for this 'source of knowledge' but you don't provide any of your own.

            4.) That's exactly what versatility means. Being able to play 2 positions. Am I wrong here? Can someone back me up? Or back Vinnie up? Your entire argument is based off of one guy's opinion. One guy from Denver. He can't shoot that well? I think he CAN shoot. The man once dropped 41 points on Utah. I'm not saying he's a killer, but he has proven he can score. He just avg'd almost 20 points in euro league. Say what you want about that league, but the FACT is it has been proven year after year to be a tough place to score. Brandon Jennings PPG were about 5.5 in 17 MPG.

            5.) Actually it was Seth Davis who has been writing for Sports Illustrated for over 15 years.

            Here is the article http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/ins...hoop_thoughts/
            ur answer to point # 1 can be said about any 20-23 year old who can shoot, get boards, and has no problem coming off the bench...

            but you can say WHY you think he's tough or smart... does he take charges, battle for rebounds ? stuff like that

            would u agree every player in the league can play 2 positons...

            anyone who can play pg can pretty much play sg... doesnt mean they have to play it well but they can play.

            any pf can play c...

            and sg can play sf and it goes on n on...

            joey graham played sg n sf... does that make him versatile ?

            so when measuring versatility in the NBA, being able to play 2 positions is normal... lbj, prince, diaw, are versatile cuz they can play 4 positions.

            when i think glue guy i think of joakim noah, shane battier, anderson varahao....
            there is nothing that kleiza has done that would make me believe he even has the potential to be a glue guy.

            your argument of "CAN BE" a glue guy can be said about almost anyone in the league

            i can go on n on, but lets just agree to disagree and wait till we actually see kleiza in a raps uniform playing the game.
            Last edited by vinnie_paz; Fri Aug 13th, 2010, 06:54 PM.

            Comment


            • #66
              vinnie_paz wrote: View Post
              i can go on n on, but lets just agree to disagree and wait till we actually see kleiza in a raps uniform playing the game.
              That's the most sensical thing said all day

              Comment

              Working...
              X