Jack Plays, Raps Win

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JoePanini wrote: View Post
    Gotta agree with you. We should keep both, unless we actually manage to get another either quality point guard or center. But, they are both talented, they can both share minutes, and they are both needed in very different situations.
    +1
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

You gotta stop flattering me like this Buddha HAHA

Comment

The thing I love about JC is his obvious passionate desire to win. He may have his problems but that has never stood in the way of him giving it his all. He's a real team guy who is proud to be a Raptor. Considering what he's gone through thinking he's been traded and then getting a reprieve he's probably lost that notion that he should start. However he is used this year he'll make the adjustments mentally to be a +.

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
          You gotta stop flattering me like this Buddha HAHA
          Thanks but when Arsenalist and/or Apollo start giving you +1s then you can let it go to your head.

I ain't saying who is who. Each can decide for themselves
          Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
          Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

HAHA Okay, okay

Comment

It's pretty well known that Jose had a BAD year last year. From the opening games you could tell (He was missing FT's!!)

Can anyone do a similar query for past years? I mean we shouldn't put all our research into one year.

Comment

RecklessIndifference wrote: View Post
                It's pretty well known that Jose had a BAD year last year. From the opening games you could tell (He was missing FT's!!)

Can anyone do a similar query for past years? I mean we shouldn't put all our research into one year.
                +infinity AND BEYOND (sorry, Toy Story freak here :P)

Comment

i think that while both are amazing point guards, could it be that jack played better whe chris bosh was on the floor? i mean they played together at georgia tech so maybe that had something to do with it

Comment

ezz_bee wrote:
                    Even though JP and I want to keep Calderon here's a deal we both thought was good check it out!

Click Find Out !

Probably shouldn't be pimping my own thread like this, but no one seems to be viewing it, and I don't think it's that bad!
                    K, I dont mean to be rude, but you've posted this in almost every open thread... even if it's not totally relevent....

I've looked at it, and it's a decent offer.... but now I'm starting to get slightly annoyed

Comment

RecklessIndifference wrote: View Post
                      K, I dont mean to be rude, but you've posted this in almost every open thread... even if it's not totally relevent....

I've looked at it, and it's a decent offer.... but now I'm starting to get slightly annoyed
                      sorry, thanks for looking. I won't add it to any more threads. If you like i'll delete the links from the other threads.

Went back and removed the links (i think) If you see anymore let me know and i'll try to remove them or get a moderator to. Thanks for the feedback.
                      Last edited by ezz_bee; Fri Aug 13, 2010, 01:40 PM.
                      "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

weemsfan wrote: View Post
                        i think that while both are amazing point guards, could it be that jack played better whe chris bosh was on the floor? i mean they played together at georgia tech so maybe that had something to do with it
                        I felt that last year, Jack was the only Raptor that wasn't concerned with getting Bosh the ball. He didn't seem intimidated by Bosh's presence (probably because they were friends) and did what he could to help the team win. His stats may have been better with Bosh on the floor because Bosh could draw double teams and free him up more, or Bosh might have hit a jumper, giving Jack an easy assist; however, I though Jack was at his best when Bosh or Calderon were out. He took over at times in the fourth quarter and seemed like the only Raptor who really wanted the ball at clutch time (beside Turk).

Comment

ezz_bee wrote: View Post
                          sorry, thanks for looking. I won't add it to any more threads. If you like i'll delete the links from the other threads.

Went back and removed the links (i think) If you see anymore let me know and i'll try to remove them or get a moderator to. Thanks for the feedback.
                          no need to delete. I was just tricked into clicking the same link like 3 times

Comment

I'm sneaky like that! I've already deleted the links, the only 1 left is the one where you quote me, i'll just leave it that way. I'd hate for people to start calling me Lebron!
                            "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Jack is our starting pg for several reasons: 1. he brings an uptempo style that suits well with our new direction and plays better D than Jose could ever dream of 2. He's bonded well with the Young Gunz and that help's team chemistry 3. The stats that jrdyck has done a good job providing 4. Part of the reason why Jack came he was to play with his college teammate Bosh and now that Bosh has left, it's a slap in the face that will ignite Jack's fire and motivate him that much more

Comment

I remember one home game late last year where jack came in sick (flu or something) and still carried the team on his back in the last quarter and came up huge for the victory. Thats the kind of intangible look at more than anything else.
                                What if... Blazers had drafted both Drexler, Jordan?

From 1992 Beginner's Guide to the NBA Finals, The Oregonian's special section. Published 6/3/1992.

Michael Jordan was the #3 pick in the 1984 draft, after Portland selected Sam Bowie second.

Comment

Working...
                                X