New Name For The Young Gunz? You Decide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Name For The Young Gunz? You Decide

With DeRozan, Weems, Johnson, Davis and Wright. These guys can all play above the rim.

So maybe we should replace the nickname "Young Gunz" with "Fly'n Raptors"
    Young Gunz
    29.03%
    Fly'n Raptors
    3.23%
    Other
    6.45%
    They Ain't Earned No Nickname
    29.03%
    Can't Decide
    0.00%
    Don't Give a Sheet
    32.26%
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

How about "The Sense Of Entitlements"? Seriously, don't players typically have to earn nicknames? Its pretty sad in itself that they had to create their own current nickname. I'm pretty sure it's clearly stated in the nickname handbook and guidelines that it's douche baggery to invent your own nickname. I've let it slide until now but this thread, I don't know, it's time to let it alllllll out!

Comment

They (Weems,DD,Amir- Father Jack) didn't create the nickname Young Gunz themselves- Wills Richardson, a Raptor security consultant came up with it: http://www.thestar.com/sports/basket...rs-some-sizzle

Folks have no idea yet talking like they do- get a clue.lol
      Last edited by SirChillyMost; Fri Aug 13, 2010, 02:30 AM.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
        How about "The Sense Of Entitlements"? Seriously, don't players typically have to earn nicknames? Its pretty sad in itself that they had to create their own current nickname. I'm pretty sure it's clearly stated in the nickname handbook and guidelines that it's douche baggery to invent your own nickname. I've let it slide until now but this thread, I don't know, it's time to let it alllllll out!
        There was a choice of "ain't earned no nickname yet"
        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

SirChillyMost wrote: View Post
          They (Weems,DD,Amir- Father Jack) didn't create the nickname Young Gunz themselves- Wills Richardson, a Raptor security consultant came up with it: http://www.thestar.com/sports/basket...rs-some-sizzle

Old news but thanks for pointing it out again.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
            They did not create it.

The questions are

What does someone have to do to earn a nickname? or

Do they even have to earn it?

I am sure that you were given a few nicknames when you were young. I know I had my share. I never felt I earned the ones I didn't like but thought I earned the ones I did like.

Bargnani has a nickname. How come no on the forum uses it?

Comment

Il magooooooo HAHA. Young Gunz is fine I think, I'm kinda used to it...

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                Bargnani has a nickname. How come no on the forum uses it?
                Vegetable Lasagna

Comment

Young guns is ok, but if Gilbert arenas or crittenton ever come here it will suddenly be politically incorrect lol.

Comment

SirChillyMost wrote: View Post

+100. No matter how many times people get corrected, they still put up comments as if the players gave themselves that name. Again...THEY DIDN'T GIVE THEMSELVES THE NAME!!!! And big deal if they did. We finally have a identity and people have issues. Maaaan.
                    The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
                    Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
                    www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
                    http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
                    http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

how about the "young dinoz"
                      ya dun noe

Comment

Looks like

"I Don't Give A Sheet"

Is going to take it in a runaway

The fans have spoken

Comment

How about "Beaver Tails"
                          “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

They gotta revamp the logo. I remember somebody on here awhile ago said we should switch the logo with the F-22 Raptor, but instead of just doing that we gotta get an artist to render our beloved dino geared up, wearing camo and a sick headband flying the F-22 Raptor. Then switch the young-gunz name to the Dino-Bombers.

Comment

Nick wrote: View Post
                              They gotta revamp the logo. I remember somebody on here awhile ago said we should switch the logo with the F-22 Raptor, but instead of just doing that we gotta get an artist to render our beloved dino geared up, wearing camo and a sick headband flying the F-22 Raptor. Then switch the young-gunz name to the Dino-Bombers.
                              I still like the "Fly'n Raptors"

JuJu also liked it when I tweeted him last night. Got a big kick out of it.

You guys/gals who are on Twitter might want to welcome him to the Raptors if you haven't already.

I am sure that he would appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
                              X