New Name For The Young Gunz? You Decide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apollo wrote: View Post
    I thought I clearly said "end of the rotation".

Meanwhile most of the media outside Toronto that I've been reading and some of it in Toronto has been something to the extent of "Colangelo grossly overpaid for Amir Johnson" or "Amir who?" or "you gotta be kidding me, that much money for Amir Johnson?"
    My bad on the rotation thing

You should know I don't pay attention to the LSM from my signature on my posts.

For the most part in sports they have a herd mentality pretty much following ESPN's lead and ESPN has an agenda like all news agencies. This year one of them is to bash the Raptors and their players, unfortunately
    Last edited by Buddahfan; Fri Aug 13, 2010, 05:35 PM.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Well I guess we agree then. Amir Johnson is a basketball player playing for the Toronto Raptors.

Comment

I thought the nickname "The Young Gunz" was stupid and corny but Buddahfan's "Fly'n Raptors" is maybe one of the worst nicknames I heard in sports in a long time.

Can we just let Weems, Demar, and Amir first show their worth on the court before dubbing them the saviors of our franchise.

Comment

I'm beginning to wish there was an "Ignore User's Posts and Threads" button somewhere.

Oh, Buddah. *facepalm*
          Joshua Priemski
          NBA blogger
          SB Nation's Rufus on Fire
          www.RufusOnFire.com/
          www.twitter.com/HoopPlusTheHarm/

Comment

Well I guess we agree then. Amir Johnson is a basketball player playing for the Toronto Raptors.
            Are you sure he is playing for the Raptors?

http://tweetphoto.com/38953086

IamAmirJohnson

Jus finish working out now I'm chillin the beach in the beautiful Jamaica http://tweetphoto.com/38953086
            Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
            Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Jay wrote: View Post
              Fly'n Raptors...
              Agreed, doesn't have a nice flow or creativity to it.

Comment

How about "The Sense Of Entitlements"? Seriously, don't players typically have to earn nicknames? Its pretty sad in itself that they had to create their own current nickname. I'm pretty sure it's clearly stated in the nickname handbook and guidelines that it's douche baggery to invent your own nickname. I've let it slide until now but this thread, I don't know, it's time to let it alllllll out!
                I agree.
                "Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon."
                ~Rorschach

Comment

nicknames are often a reflection of personality not merit. just because we are enthusiastic about the young gunz doesn't me we expect them to be the saviours of the franchise (although some may) for myself, and i'm guessing others as well, we just think that i'll be entertaining and perhaps develop into something i a couple of seasons or so. as far as the process of nickmaning goes we were an active part of the process and i'm sure we had at least one or two threads dedicated to fan photos and even some (.40Calflakes?) profile pics reppin' the gunz. The people have spoken young gunz have arrived.

now hopefully we'll see some entertaining and good basketball
                  "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

ezz_bee wrote: View Post
                    nicknames are often a reflection of personality not merit. just because we are enthusiastic about the young gunz doesn't me we expect them to be the saviours of the franchise (although some may) for myself, and i'm guessing others as well, we just think that i'll be entertaining and perhaps develop into something i a couple of seasons or so. as far as the process of nickmaning goes we were an active part of the process and i'm sure we had at least one or two threads dedicated to fan photos and even some (.40Calflakes?) profile pics reppin' the gunz. The people have spoken young gunz have arrived.

now hopefully we'll see some entertaining and good basketball

+1

Comment

Working...
                    X