Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Should Start Opening Night: Davis Or Johnson?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Should Start Opening Night: Davis Or Johnson?

They are both Fly'n Raptors so I don't give a sheet.
    Davis
    18.52%
    Johnson
    59.26%
    Lets see how they both play during the pre-season
    18.52%
    I don't give a sheet
    3.70%
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Johnson. Unless Davis averages like 4 blocks a game in pre-season

Comment

Johnson, but I think they will both get an even amount of mpg for the year. But it'll be pretty inconsistent. It all depends on Johnson's foul trouble, which he'll be in alot. But, atleast it will give Davis opportunities. But, as you said, who gives a sheet?

Comment

I should say that I think neither should start, as I want to see Bargs at the PF and a new C come in before the season begins. Johnson should start if those 2 are my options.

Comment

I want Okafor to come. He is like the most unappreciated player in the NBA.

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
            I want Okafor to come. He is like the most unappreciated player in the NBA.
            Somebody appreciates him enough to throw $72 Million at him.

But he is VERY consistant at what he does. I'd take him in a heartbeat

Comment

Yeah, but right after they gave him that huge contract everyone including the Bobcats were like "what did we do?" then he got traded. But yeah, great defender and great presence. Banks + Johnson for Okafor.

Comment

Johnson. You don't pay a guy big $ and then sit him in favour of a rookie. Respect.

Comment

I said let it be determined by preseason but i'm fairly confident that it will be Johnson--at least on opening night (and probably through All-star break)
                  "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Johnson has talent and puts in work, if you check his points/rebounds for the amount of time he played last year it surely should double. Ed Davis is RAW, we need him to develop, you don't start a rookie PF who isn't NBA-ready(starting wise) over a guy you just locked up for 5 years at like 6 a year

Comment

I remember Triano said in an interview that they will take the same approach to developing Davis as they did to DD.
                      So I m guessing that they will start Davis and let Amir finish the games and ...

Comment

Johnson hands down.

Comment

Amir & Bargnani. They showed good chemistry last year and Amir is flat out the best two way player on the team going into next season until proven otherwise.

Comment

You don't give a player $34 million dollar contract so he will come off the bench to replace a rookie.

It is Amir job not to lose his starting position and if he does loses it to Davis then it will go down as another failed bloated contract given by Colangelo for a player who may be worth only half of that.

Comment

Let training camp decide player roles because if Jay/BC play contracts over actual talent it will be a very long season. If Davis outplays Amir in camp then let him start and vice versa.

Comment

Working...
                              X