Clear All

• Buddahfan
    replied
    Cont

Leave a comment:

• LBF
    replied
    fucuk rogers!!

doesn't all the games repeat on that stupid raptors nba tv which is like the crap version of nba tv.which i also don't subscribe to because i think is ridiculous.

too bad my sateellite is down or i could prolly see it on there, i watched a raptors vs. pacers game on an indiana sports station one and the announcers were terrible.

is it just me or are the guys on the candian side who broadcast sound way more enthusiastic then the american ones?

Leave a comment:

• Buddahfan
    replied
    Fan miffed Sportsnet channel unavailable

By Kristen Odland, Calgary Herald August 20, 2010

Calgarian Don Glover, a Toronto Blue Jays fan, subscribes to every sports channel on the planet -- except for Sportsnet One.

He's furious his cable provider, Shaw Cable, is not picking up the 24/7 sports channel which launched Aug. 14 -- only on Rogers systems.

"I'm a sports nut," Glover said. "I've done what I can. I've phoned Shaw. If you call in to get service, they say something to the effect that, 'We are considering this potential channel.' It's so offensive. I've e-mailed Sportsnet, I've phoned and e-mailed the Blue Jays, saying, 'Why are you letting the cable companies screw around with your fan base?' "

The Rogers Sportsnet web-site describes the new channel as featuring "more than 800 hours of live sports programming" in digital and high definition, including the Jays, Toronto Raptors and Barclays Premier League soccer.

As of Thursday night, the official flagship television station for Canada's Major League Baseball team had transferred 21 of the remaining Jays games to Sportsnet One. Yet, most Canadians -- and Calgarians like Glover -- don't get the channel.

"It'd be safe to say if our fans aren't happy, that's a concern of ours," said Jays vice-president of communications Jay Stenhouse. "I hope people don't think we don't care about Calgary because yes we do and we have passionate fans across the country."
    cont on link

http://www.calgaryherald.com/enterta...553/story.html

Leave a comment:

• LBF
    replied
    Red and White wrote: View Post
    lol people freaking out cause of this?
    i dont have any tv for crying out loud...biggest scam in sports...

www.atdhe.net

usually hi qual...and free

sounded like an add...but i dont care
    you poor, poor man.

Leave a comment:

• LBF
    replied
    Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
    I don't think it was the Score's fault. I just think Sportsnet/TSN paid more to have the television rights.
    i doubt they could have outbid cbc if cbc really wanted to show those sunday ones.oh well, maybe they'll show raptors games on court surfing which they should.

freakin idiot rogers is so damn cheap.

Leave a comment:

• big red
    replied
    Red and White wrote: View Post
    i dont have any tv for crying out loud...
    biggest scam in sports...

www.atdhe.net

This is a classic example of how companies like Rogers make it harder to get a product/service legitimately in their quest for higher profits, and end up pushing more people to the illegal/free option purely because it's more convenient. It's the same reason I get mad when I buy a dvd. Every time I start it and have to sit through the 60+seconds of FBI warnings and preview shit, I keep thinking "if I had downloaded an illegal rip, I'd be watching the movie by now."

Leave a comment:

• Doc
    replied
    LBF wrote: View Post
    the score is stupid for giving up raptors games, they are a sports station and they rep basketball alot but they are getting rid of raptors games why?
    I don't think it was the Score's fault. I just think Sportsnet/TSN paid more to have the television rights.

Leave a comment:

• LBF
    replied
    i don't care about the blue jays baseball is boring i'll just watch the highlights if i want to see it, but, raptors let's go kill teddy rogers, oh wait, he's already dead.damn

they already have ontario,east,west, and central why must you have another one? when you don't even use the existing ones!

the score is stupid for giving up raptors games, they are a sports station and they rep basketball alot but they are getting rid of raptors games why?

Leave a comment:

• Doc
    replied
    Dark Knight wrote: View Post
    This new channel is gonna show a big chunk of the Raptors season, correct? C'mon, Bell! Get on this. I refuse to watch the Raptors on a computer.
    Yup, this upcoming season they'll be a minimum 23 Raptors games exclusive to this new channel. Rumour right now is that Bell and Sportsnet are nowhere close to an agreement either. Hence why its called "Rogers Sportsnet".

Leave a comment:

• LBF
    replied
    i got cogeco they'll fix it up quick because cogeco is the shit.

Leave a comment:

• Mack North
    replied
    Man, I had Rogers 2 years ago when there was no TSN2 to watch the Raps. Now I have Bell and this happens again? They better fix this by the start of the season or I'll write them a letter stating how angry I am over this!

Leave a comment:

• Red and White
    replied
    i dont have any tv for crying out loud...
    biggest scam in sports...

www.atdhe.net

Leave a comment:

• Dark Knight
    replied
    This new channel is gonna show a big chunk of the Raptors season, correct? C'mon, Bell! Get on this. I refuse to watch the Raptors on a computer.

Leave a comment:

• Jordan-Drexler
    replied
    The two games in London should be on SkySports in London. Skysports plays on a bunch of game streaming websites like channelsurfing . net

Leave a comment:

• Buddahfan
    replied
    Jordan-Drexler wrote: View Post
    There's always the avenue of watching live streaming of games on the Internet. Both for free and on Nba broadband
    That works really good except they blackout the games on NBA/TV which means those of us who live in the States and watch the Raptors will miss the Nets-Raptors series in London, unless I go the free internet route - I'm crushed, simply crushed.

Raptors NBA Broadband Access viewers should demand a major discount for 10-11 because they will miss those games.

Some would say that Raptors fans should demand a major discount at the ACC for going to the Raptors game in 10-11

NBA/TV is kind of the half-way house between NBA Broadband Access; i.e, the who cares broadcasts and the ESPN/ABC and TNT broadcasts; i.e., ESPN loves you broadcasts
    Last edited by Buddahfan; Sat Aug 14, 2010, 03:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X