Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Jose Been Left To Twist In The Wind?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Guys, when someone is giving you Boris Diaw and Tyson Chandler for Jose Calderon and Reggie Evans, you pull the trigger. I don't think there's anyone who would refute that. In my opinion, this had nothing to do with BC not liking what Jose brings to the table but rather BC seeing an extremely favourable trade and going for it. Jose should have no hard feelings.

    Comment


    • #32
      Marz wrote: View Post
      Guys, when someone is giving you Boris Diaw and Tyson Chandler for Jose Calderon and Reggie Evans, you pull the trigger. I don't think there's anyone who would refute that. In my opinion, this had nothing to do with BC not liking what Jose brings to the table but rather BC seeing an extremely favourable trade and going for it. Jose should have no hard feelings.
      +1
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

      Memories some so sweet, indeed

      Larger Photo of the avatar



      “As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

      Comment


      • #33
        vinnie_paz wrote: View Post
        how loyal can you be when you ask BC to pay you $45 million over 5 years based on one good season ?
        You amaze me

        If calderon asked for that money...which he didnt because thats not how free agency works, bryan TOOK THE DEAL!

        Dammit man, its so simple

        Comment


        • #34
          JoePanini wrote: View Post
          It's pretty incredible how we can go from MVP chants to this, in the space of 20 months.
          calderon got mvp chants? thats stupidity on the fans then...the incredible part is how he is in the nba with "the clapper"

          if he just didnt do that i would be fin with him but it gets on my nerves so badly lol...
          he is an excellent passer and he runs the show with set up offence...memphis he would rock with...not toronto...people saying we should keep him are being silly. It would be better for him and the organization to be traded to a team that a) would be more successful with him, and b) a team that could give him all the minutes he needs.

          Comment


          • #35
            Well I would hope that the team is putting a new emphasis on defense considering we had one of the worst defenses of all time last season. Resigning Amir along with drafting Ed Davis and Solomon Alibi reinforces this notion, and the fact that Calderon is even on the trading block is the biggest sign of all.

            Comment


            • #36
              Trade him

              Comment


              • #37
                Brasky wrote: View Post
                If the team is indeed looking to up the tempo and put a new emphasis on defense, Calderon is the worst possible fit, since he does neither.
                Calderon can most definitely play up tempo, as he proved last season. The team scored more when he was on the court. Calderon had great chemistry with Amir Johnson and Sonny Weems, both of whom seem to be important for the future of the team. Calderon is currently the only player on the roster that can run an offense effectively, whether in the half court or full court. Personally, with their upgrades defensively, they can afford to keep Calderon and will desperately need him to help them score.

                And if Colangelo really wanted to clear the team of defensive problems, Bargnani would be the next to go.
                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                Follow me on Twitter.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Tim W. wrote: View Post
                  Calderon can most definitely play up tempo, as he proved last season. The team scored more when he was on the court. Calderon had great chemistry with Amir Johnson and Sonny Weems, both of whom seem to be important for the future of the team. Calderon is currently the only player on the roster that can run an offense effectively, whether in the half court or full court. Personally, with their upgrades defensively, they can afford to keep Calderon and will desperately need him to help them score.

                  This is flat out wrong. Calderon has shown to be one of the slowest paced starting point guards in the league. Every Calderon run team has been below average in terms of pace (total possessions) relative to the rest of the league. It's easy to see this considering how many late in the shot clock long two point jump shots Calderon tends to generate.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Calderon is not only slow for a PG and not built for an up tempo game but his lack of D is embarrassing...Jack has better D and chemistry with the Young Gunz and this offseason continues to prove it...There is no such thing as the Raps can afford to keep him because of the defensive upgrades, if anything we need to continue with MORE defensive upgrades since Jack will replace any scoring Jose is capable of...

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      RaptorRoo wrote: View Post
                      Calderon is not only slow for a PG and not built for an up tempo game
                      As a point guard, you don't need to have lightning end to end speed to play uptempo. Steve Nash would get destroyed in a foot race against many of his peers.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Brasky wrote: View Post
                        This is flat out wrong. Calderon has shown to be one of the slowest paced starting point guards in the league. Every Calderon run team has been below average in terms of pace (total possessions) relative to the rest of the league. It's easy to see this considering how many late in the shot clock long two point jump shots Calderon tends to generate.
                        Calderon ran a lot more this past season, which is why, when he was coming off the bench, he helped them be one of the better scoring benches in the league. Calderon doesn't push the ball as much as other point guards, but he has no problem playing up tempo when he has the type of players that run the court.

                        RaptorRoo wrote: View Post
                        Calderon is not only slow for a PG and not built for an up tempo game but his lack of D is embarrassing...Jack has better D and chemistry with the Young Gunz and this offseason continues to prove it...There is no such thing as the Raps can afford to keep him because of the defensive upgrades, if anything we need to continue with MORE defensive upgrades since Jack will replace any scoring Jose is capable of...
                        Johnson and Weems played better with Calderon than with Jack. And chemistry happens on the floor, not off it.
                        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                        Follow me on Twitter.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X