Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Jose Been Left To Twist In The Wind?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has Jose Been Left To Twist In The Wind?

Just wondering how everyone feels. Is it just a matter of time until Calderon is moved to parts elsewhere?

I think he deserves better regardless of what people think of him for his porous defending. He has been loyal and his enthusiasm never wanes. He loves the city and he loves the team.

Or is the team prepared to move forward with he and Jack at the point? I hope that would be so because he does have assets and hopefully next season sees a return to form! Especially if he remains here in his adopted hometown.
    Last edited by StaytheCourse; Sat Aug 14, 2010, 07:08 PM.
    Twitter:@coachclement

The best way to predict your future is to create it - Peter Drucker

the team is obviously looking at options right now to find calderon a new home considering they publicly almost traded him, twice.
    BC's just exploring options right now and still has the tpe right now so it can give us a little leverage in a future trade.
    i just think alot of gm's are obviously a little hesitant of taking on a guarenteed contract like jose's with the CBA expiring and the potential lock-out at the end of this year.
    if you ask me though, it would be a little awkward if jose was still in a rap uniform at the start of the season with him knowing management as has pushed all season to trade him and almost did

Comment

BCsMaBoi wrote: View Post
      Just wondering how everyone feels. Is it just a matter of time until calderon is moved to parts elsewhere?

I think he deserves better regardless of what people think of him for his porous defending. He has been loyal and his enthusiasm never wanes. He loves the city and he loves the team.

Or is the team prepared to move forward with he and Jack at the point? I hope that would be so because he does have assets and hopefully next season sees a return to form! Especially if he remains here in his adopted hometown.
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

With the way the team is developing, Calderon is certainly an asset and would fit right in. Personally I'd like to see what he can do without Bosh. His game was mostly a 2 man game with Bosh but in a system that plays defense and lacks offense he could do a lot of damage to other teams. The main problem with Calderon last year was that there was no one to really help him on defense since Demar was always getting beat, Antoine was usually guarding the other team's best player, and Andrea was slow to help. If he is being traded then I would expect more than Diaw or some expiring contracts from Charlotte.

Comment

Waiter wrote: View Post
          With the way the team is developing, Calderon is certainly an asset and would fit right in. Personally I'd like to see what he can do without Bosh. His game was mostly a 2 man game with Bosh but in a system that plays defense and lacks offense he could do a lot of damage to other teams. The main problem with Calderon last year was that there was no one to really help him on defense since Demar was always getting beat, Antoine was usually guarding the other team's best player, and Andrea was slow to help. If he is being traded then I would expect more than Diaw or some expiring contracts from Charlotte.
          If he is around I think he will do better without the Pizza Man out there.
          Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
          Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Really, just six weeks before the pre season starts there are a couple of teams who are still looking to upgrade at the point Charlotte and maybe Detroit. On the other hand I only see portland and Memphis with a surplus of bigs and neither is in urgent need to take on Jose's contract.

We all know Charlotte is interested but what they are offering is rubbish (assuming it is Diaw), I saw him at the game yesterday and the guy is out of shape cant rebound, jump, hustle. I would say he weighs north of 260. After watching him play vs Canada I realized why this thing with Charlotte is moving slowly, he has little value. Now I dont know if there is a third team interested in him and would give up a centre.

I think a similar trade with Detroit is possible Jose to Detroit, Prince say to Portland for Prysbilla. My first choice would be to land Gortat but I think there are a lot more takers for him with much better offers than us.

Just thinking out loud here, if we were offered Eddy Curry for Jose basically a salary dump and nothing more (since Curry is expiring) do you guys think management would do it? would you?
            Last edited by thomas1; Sat Aug 14, 2010, 05:52 PM.

Comment

how loyal can you be when you ask BC to pay you $45 million over 5 years based on one good season ?

Comment

If the team is indeed looking to up the tempo and put a new emphasis on defense, Calderon is the worst possible fit, since he does neither.

Comment

Didn't realize Diaw was in such poor shape. That is too bad if true.

Comment

vinnie_paz wrote: View Post
                    how loyal can you be when you ask BC to pay you $45 million over 5 years based on one good season ?
                    Get real my friend! Players don't think that way, surely!

Comment

Get real my friend! Players don't think that way, surely!
                      wow... are you being sarcastic ? so players dont try to get paid as much as they possibly can ? not blaming them, but do you really think the majority of players are turning down money and saying no i'll take less ?

Comment

umm actually they do.... players have these people call "agents" who try to get the most they possibly can from teams
                        So the problem is with the agents then!

Please don't condescend to me!

Comment

wow... are you being sarcastic ? so players dont try to get paid as much as they possibly can ? not blaming them, but do you really think the majority of players are turning down money and saying no i'll take less ?
                          so was BC's first offer $45 million over 5 years. or did he offer less, which jose declined and then they negotiated and agreed on $45 million.

which part do i need to "get real" on ?

Comment

Please don't condescend to me!
                            umm wattt ?? forget it... you obviously are a master of the the english language.

Comment

A player has a good season so he tries to get compensated for services rendered.

What do you expect him to do take a pay cut?

A player has a limited shelf-life.

Comment

Working...
                              X