No announcement yet.

DeMar Setting The Bar High

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope not but I haven't heard. No reports on it from the usual suspects...

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
      I hope not but I haven't heard. No reports on it from the usual suspects...
      It looks like team Italy didn't make the tournament

http://turkey2010.fiba.com/pages/eng...am-search.html
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
        Talk about coming to a weird conclusion.

I don't think he will score as much as T-Mac did in his prime, however I will wager you that when both DeRozan and McGrady's careers are finished Demar will have had a lot more success in the playoffs than McGrady.

Kobe - DeMar nor anyone playing today except for maybe D. Wade has earned the right to be compared to him without it being ludicrous comparison.

Lebron except for one year when the NBA officials gave him a chance to get to the Finals has been a total playoff bust visa via the expectations and in actual accomplishments.

Wade at least has one ring

Truth be told there are very few NBA guards/SFs that deserve to be compared to Kobe and none of them are playing today except maybe D Wade, cause someone has to be it.

Kobe has now gone success wise in the NBA where very few others have gone before. He is one of the 10 greatest players ever.

If you want to compare Kobe lets start with Jordan.
        Sorry but i was refuting someone saying he will be kobe or atleast tmac.
        I thought you were defending him...obviously(as i see now) you were refuting me saying demar cant shoot past 12 feet (which he can not do well)

I would take stuckey over demar as of now any day, demar, even though he is more athletic, his jumper i cant see settling down that much.

Comment

Red and White wrote: View Post
          Sorry but i was refuting someone saying he will be kobe or atleast tmac.
          I thought you were defending him...obviously(as i see now) you were refuting me saying demar cant shoot past 12 feet (which he can not do well)

I would take stuckey over demar as of now any day, demar, even though he is more athletic, his jumper i cant see settling down that much.
          We shall see what happens

Stuckey is a far better defender at this point. He also gets to the rack better though he has a lot of trouble finishing because he is not really an above the rim guy.

Who to take?

Tough question.

I want to wait another year on Demar

Remind me next May and I will give you my answer
          Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
          Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

I don't think he will score as much as T-Mac did in his prime, however I will wager you that when both DeRozan and McGrady's careers are finished Demar will have had a lot more success in the playoffs than McGrady.
            That's a ridiculous thing to say, first off T-Mac's prime was spent in Orlando where he was arguably THE best player in the league and was surrounded by a bunch of nobodys because all their money was tied up in T-Mac and an injured Grant Hill and their drafting strategy was to always take the cleanest looking white guy available.

As well, barring Derozan making incredible leaps and bounds (knock on wood he does) he will never be on the same level as T-Mac, probably not even close to him, so having more playoff success means nothing. Zan Tabak had more playoff success than Charles Barkley, so what?

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
              That's a ridiculous thing to say, first off T-Mac's prime was spent in Orlando where he was arguably THE best player in the league and was surrounded by a bunch of nobodys because all their money was tied up in T-Mac and an injured Grant Hill and their drafting strategy was to always take the cleanest looking white guy available.

As well, barring Derozan making incredible leaps and bounds (knock on wood he does) he will never be on the same level as T-Mac, probably not even close to him, so having more playoff success means nothing. Zan Tabak had more playoff success than Charles Barkley, so what?
              I can see from that post that you have a strong emotional tie to T-Mac.

Fair enough

We all have our favorites who can do no wrong and we think up all kinds of excuses to defend them and attempt to make them look a lot better than they are/were. I am as guilty as the next guy. Nothing wrong with it

Comment

he's welcome on team canada any day. we could use him.
                If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

mark my words right now... Demar will be leaps and bounds better than T-mac. You can see the leadership and work ethic this kid has and not to mention in last years draft everyone said that Demar's ceiling is the highest of anyone in the draft INCLUDING Blake Griffin. Anyone that mentions Demar's stats from last year really doesn't understand the situation. Demar didn't have the ball in his hands period. He has been working on his game all summer, extending his range, working on new moves(Kobe esk fade away). Can't wait for this season to start!

Comment

Selects87 wrote: View Post
                    mark my words right now... Demar will be leaps and bounds better than T-mac. You can see the leadership and work ethic this kid has and not to mention in last years draft everyone said that Demar's ceiling is the highest of anyone in the draft INCLUDING Blake Griffin. Anyone that mentions Demar's stats from last year really doesn't understand the situation. Demar didn't have the ball in his hands period. He has been working on his game all summer, extending his range, working on new moves(Kobe esk fade away). Can't wait for this season to start!
                    Oh come on, leaps and bounds better than T-Mac? I love DeMar, and I want to see him become a superstar, but there is nobody currently in the league right now that is "leaps and bounds" better than T-Mac in his prime. 2002-03, he averaged 32.1 points, 6.5 rebounds and 5.5 assists, not to mention that he was a pretty good defender. If he had stayed in Toronto instead of going to Orlando, there is NO way you would be saying that DeMar is gonna be that much better than McGrady.

Comment

Selects87 wrote: View Post
                      +2

Comment

Kreza23 wrote: View Post
                        Oh come on, leaps and bounds better than T-Mac? I love DeMar, and I want to see him become a superstar, but there is nobody currently in the league right now that is "leaps and bounds" better than T-Mac in his prime. 2002-03, he averaged 32.1 points, 6.5 rebounds and 5.5 assists, not to mention that he was a pretty good defender. If he had stayed in Toronto instead of going to Orlando, there is NO way you would be saying that DeMar is gonna be that much better than McGrady.
                        Demar actually averaged more points per game in his rookie season than McGrady did and shot better in the process.

Comment

Kreza23 wrote: View Post
                          Demar actually averaged more points per game in his rookie season than McGrady did and shot better in the process.

Comment

Which has absolutely nothing to do with what Kreza23 referred to: T-Mac's 2002-03 season. If DeRozan is going to be better than T-Mac, then he has to produce a better career. If he's going to be "leaps and bounds" better than T-Mac? Then he sure as hell has to be better than T-Mac's best seasons in Orlando.

I think DeRozan will have a better career than T-Mac, but not because he's the better talent. DD has the work ethic and drive to compete. T-Mac lost that pretty early in his career, which is very unfortunate.

Comment

Marz wrote: View Post
                              Which has absolutely nothing to do with what Kreza23 referred to: T-Mac's 2002-03 season. If DeRozan is going to be better than T-Mac, then he has to produce a better career. If he's going to be "leaps and bounds" better than T-Mac? Then he sure as hell has to be better than T-Mac's best seasons in Orlando.

I think DeRozan will have a better career than T-Mac, but not because he's the better talent. DD has the work ethic and drive to compete. T-Mac lost that pretty early in his career, which is very unfortunate.
                              You can't compare two things when one of them has never existed. All we have to go on to compare T-Mac and DeRozan are their rookie seasons and athletic ability when they were rookies.

Though it seems to me that when all is said and done DeMar will have more success in the playoffs than T-Mac will have. As to who will be remembered as a better player. I think that that subject may be debated for a long time into the future among Raptors fans.

Comment

You can't compare two things when one of them has never existed. All we have to go on to compare T-Mac and DeRozan are their rookie seasons and athletic ability when they were rookies.
                                Fine, then why are people trying to compare T-Mac's 14 year career to DeRozans non-existent 14 year career? You can't compare rookie seasons and extrapolate, it doesn't work like that. Otherwise I can look at your beloved Johnson's rookie season of 3 games played, compare it to Stromile Swift's rookie season and say that he will never reach the career Stromile Swift had. That's just baloney.

Comment

Working...
                                X