Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Papa Burgundy
    replied
    Andrea Bargnani ... incredibly fun to watch, due to his crazy skillset for a 7-footer. And although he may not show it like many American players do, I see in him a crazy competitive fire that will be a huge asset as he leads us this year.

Leave a comment:

• KakashiPrince
    replied
    Jose Calderon... great personality, great leadership even though the language barrier is still there, passionate guys. I am proud to have a Calderon Jersey!

JOSE JOSE JOSE JOSE!!

Also, its funny that Jose is voted the highest when many people bash him and kicking him in the curb for the lack of defense.....

Anyways ...there should be one for realgm to see a bigger populated raptor fans and hopefully the result will be the same
    Last edited by KakashiPrince; Mon Aug 16th, 2010, 09:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• vinnie_paz
    replied
    JJ - when you can tie your shoelace and keep the ball while the clock is ticking you know you got game !

Leave a comment:

• weemsfan
    replied
    favorite current raptor: jose calderon
    favorite former raptor: JORGE GARBOJOSA

Leave a comment:

• Afro_Daddy
    replied
    Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    I do however believe that BC won't trade Calderon just because Calderon is a terrible defender or has a "bad contract".

It is my opinion that BC will only move Calderon if the can get a highly one sided trade in the Raptors favor like the failed Charlotte deal.
    +1

Leave a comment:

• CB4
    replied
    Sonny Weems!

Leave a comment:

• blaze89
    replied
    oldest favourite was tf ford..........new favourite is demar

Leave a comment:

• Jordan-Drexler
    replied
    Common guys, Easy E. Davis is all personality

Leave a comment:

• RikkJames
    replied
    Alvin Williams........he's still a Raptor. As for players....i'd have to go with Demar right now.

Leave a comment:

• Ajar
    replied
    Calderon's my favourite.

I don't dislike the others by any stretch, but if I'd been sure Calderon would be around this season, I would have bought his jersey. At the time*, I wasn't sure who was going to be on the roster next season, so I went with the only sure thing -- Bargs.

I'm not a Bargs fan specifically, although I do like him and will enjoy watching him develop further. In hindsight, though, I regret not having gone with the Calderon jersey. He's such a class act that I wouldn't feel bad about wearing his jersey if he was playing for another team.

*The Nuggets game where Turk didn't show and then went out on the town. At the end, there was a straight line from Carmelo Anthony to the basket to my head in the 15th row, so when he caught the ball I knew the game was over.

Leave a comment:

• RecklessIndifference
    replied
    Jose's getting alot of votes.

Leave a comment:

• JYFelony
    replied
    DeMar for me, with Andrea coming in as a close second. I love how the coaches praise DeMar's attitude and work ethic. Andrea may overtake DeMar if he really makes a point of taking the reigns this year as the team's leader.

Leave a comment:

• dykers
    replied
    Joey dorsey!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• noxleno
    replied
    All things considered - ability, personality, effectiveness, leadership, efficiency, and history, I have to go with Jose on a team that consists almost entirely of players yet to live up to their "potential". I still proudly floss my #8 jersey and will continue to do so when it's a throwback.

Leave a comment:

• Buddahfan
    replied
    Calderon could wind up being Avery Bradley in reverse

A lot of people on Raptors Republic were pretty sure that Avery Bradley was going to be in a Raptors uniform for 10-11

A lot of those same people are now thinking that Calderon will not be in a Raptors uniform for 10-11

Personally, I don't have a "sense" for it one way or the other.

I do however believe that BC won't trade Calderon just because Calderon is a terrible defender or has a "bad contract".

It is my opinion that BC will only move Calderon if the can get a highly one sided trade in the Raptors favor like the failed Charlotte deal.

1. Some players get traded at almost all costs
    2. Some players get traded for financial reasons.
    3. Some players get traded because it is needed to complete a deal in which the other players involved are more important
    4. Some players get traded because they want out
    5. Some players get traded because the deal is too good to pass up.

I think that Calderon currently falls only in group #5.

We shall see

Leave a comment:

Working...
X