Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Jose Help Us Recruit Marc Gasol Next Summer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could Jose Help Us Recruit Marc Gasol Next Summer?

Everyone knows they are good friends - If we keep Jose he could be a great recruiter to land us Marc Gasol next year. Grizzlies have all there money tied up in Rudy Gay, and [I] can't see them overpaying for Gasol; and, if i'm correct Toronto will have a lot of cash to play with next summer. We all know Toronto is a preferred place to play for overseas players anyway... and Gasol plays a tough, more North American style of play, as opposed to some other players we have had.

Calderon/Jack
    Derozen/Barbosa
    Weems/Kleeza
    Bargs/Davis
    Gasol/Amir

Plus a high/lotto pick we most likely be drafting next summer... Since there are no expectations for this year really makes me consider keeping Jose to give it a shot. That line up is so nice and I can't see any other big name free agents running to come play here next summer.
    http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums...d.php?t=523090

I thought this was a fair question and if everything he says is true it could be a good possibility that if we keep jose,(as much as I want him gone) we could land Marc Gasol.
    Last edited by James Ballswin (Realizar); Wed Aug 18, 2010, 02:14 PM. Reason: Corrected the STUPID number of gramatical errors that were in the sourced quote. Also edited the thread title
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

they have zach randolph coming off the books, and the rest of their players are on rookie contracts.

Comment

vinnie_paz wrote: View Post
      they have zach randolph coming off the books, and the rest of their players are on rookie contracts.
      it seems like you are trying to make a point but you didn't finish. i'll allow you to finish, now.
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
        it seems like you are trying to make a point but you didn't finish. i'll allow you to finish, now.
        He actually did finish it but I guess you can not read English.

Grizzlies will have Randolph off the books next summer which means they will have the money to sign him and they will do all they can to sign Gasol.

Comment

Jack is the Rap's starting PG, Jose is currently the back up- recognize game, or not.

Comment

Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post

Grizzlies will have Randolph off the books next summer which means they will have the money to sign him and they will do all they can to sign Gasol.

That right there brings this discussion to an end.
            RR OG

Comment

It's possible that BC might be able to work some magic and trade Bargnani for Gasol. Gasol will probably get more money than Bargnani's current contract will be paying him when Gasol signs his next contract. So Bargnani would be cheaper. He is a better scorer than Gasol. So depending on what other pieces are involved if BC wanted to replace Bargnani for Gasol he might have a decent shot at it.
              Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
              Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

hahaahh thanks !

Comment

You are talking about a franchise that is holding out on a legit 3 and D wing player in the league over $350K (Xavier Henry). Nothing is finished with Heisley in Memphis. They are arguably the worst NBA market in the league with some of the lowest revenues (have you seen their ticket prices? You can sit courtside for like $190). If TO cleared cap space and offered to overpay a bit, I would not see Memphis matching.

If they don't resign Randolph, who replaces him and his 20/10 at the 4? Do you think Randolph is going to sign for vet minimum?

I'm also confused about Gasol's contract. I know he was his first NBA contract but Hoopshype do not show a qualifying offer for him and ESPN lists him as a restricted free agent next year. Is he restricted or unrestricted?

Comment

Restricted.

Why do they have to have a 20/10 at the 4 ?

Comment

Restricted.

Zach Randolph is the 20/10.

I'd rather not trade Bargs for him, as their games would compliment very nicely. If anything, I'd overpay for him, as he think he would create a very strong frontcourt.

And whether Jose can recruit him is largely moot, as he is a restricted FA. The biggest hurdle will be preventing Memphis from matching.

Comment

Memphis Grizzlies writers have mentioned more than once that Mayo may be available. Though unless the Raptors are willing to play DeRozan at the #3 or try Mayo at the #1, I don't think that they would go after him. Mayo can play some point. Whether he would ever be good enough dishing out Dimes without turning the ball over too much is the question.
                        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Why??? That's absolutely retarded everyone wants a steady 20/10 guy. Hint: 20/10 is a good thing, a very good thing, in case u didn't realize.

Comment

JayElZee wrote: View Post
                            Zach Randolph is the 20/10.

I'd rather not trade Bargs for him, as their games would compliment very nicely. If anything, I'd overpay for him, as he think he would create a very strong frontcourt.

And whether Jose can recruit him is largely moot, as he is a restricted FA. The biggest hurdle will be preventing Memphis from matching.
                            yes i understand z-bo is a 20/10 but my QUESTION was why do they need a 20/10 from their 4 ?

Comment

no enlich

Comment

Working...
                              X