Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JustBrown
    replied
    regardless of who/where they're playing i think it's just a really good sign to see that even when these guys have some off time, they're in the gym playing ball

Leave a comment:

• NoFrillz
    replied
    black angus wrote: View Post
    great - the young guns looking very average against some rec leaguers in a pick up game
    They're obviously just screwing around. Why would they play hard and risk injury against some scrubs? They could just dunk the ball everytime down the court if they so pleased.

Leave a comment:

• Buddahfan
    replied
    RecklessIndifference wrote: View Post
    That is what I'm waiting for. I have been pumped for this tourney for some time. Ever since I watched the Fiba Americas tourney on my comp at work and saw Canada working hard. Good win over Serbia today too.

This is our best chance to get out of the first round in a while.

Team USA should be fun to watch. Greece and Spain look really good.
    Unfortunately my cable company does not carry NBA/TV - I did complain again this month and they will be giving me a $15 a month discount during the NBA season but no NBA/TV .

So I am going to wait to see what games if any will be carried on ESPN/ESPN2 etc all of which I do get.

While I can watch games over the Net on my TV I want to weigh the whole thing out including the WNBA games before deciding what to watch.

I really like the WNBA especially the playoffs, more so than FIBA competition.

There is just something about watching talented young athletic women sweat that gets my attention and holds it.
    Last edited by Buddahfan; Thu Aug 19, 2010, 04:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• RecklessIndifference
    replied
    Buddahfan wrote: View Post

FIBA world tournament starts Aug 28

That is what I'm waiting for. I have been pumped for this tourney for some time. Ever since I watched the Fiba Americas tourney on my comp at work and saw Canada working hard. Good win over Serbia today too.

This is our best chance to get out of the first round in a while.

Team USA should be fun to watch. Greece and Spain look really good.

Leave a comment:

• Buddahfan
    replied
    what do you expect? Demar and Sonny risking injuries dunking over tweeners. Hard fouls and smart passes?

It's just a pick-up game
    I am a fan of Demar and Sonny but this whole thing of making a big deal out of kill some time scrimmage at a gym just shows how slow things are right now in the NBA world.

WNBA playoffs starts Aug 25

FIBA world tournament starts Aug 28

Those will good a two to three weeks.

Then another short lull before NBA camps open a couple of weeks later.

Leave a comment:

• RecklessIndifference
    replied
    black angus wrote: View Post
    great - the young guns looking very average against some rec leaguers in a pick up game
    what do you expect? Demar and Sonny risking injuries dunking over tweeners. Hard fouls and smart passes?

It's just a pick-up game

Leave a comment:

• black angus
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Buddahfan
    replied
    only1nabil wrote: View Post
    Hey Guys, I was at my gym yesterday when DeMar and Sonny showed up!! Check out the vid man..I have more..will post soon.

Let me know what you guys think..!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2Qz3aqT3pE
    Nice that they were at your gym.

I am sure most Raptors fans have already seen enough summer league games and scrimmages to last the rest of the summer.

Thanks for posting it nonetheless

We want the real deal. Training camp opens in about four weeks.

Leave a comment:

• RecklessIndifference
    replied
    LBF wrote: View Post
    bret hart's the man. lol he's like 51 and he just recently married like a 27 year old. haha

ya, i read theo fleury's book it was pretty sick. he prolly still does play beer league hockey too.

i feel bad for calgary the sutter's are destroying the franchise.
    LOL... he's a pretty weird guy, I don't think he likes all the attention he gets anymore.

It's a good thing I'm not a Flames fan, because they are taking huge steps backwards. I won't say who I root for in hockey b/c I'll prob just get harassed lol

Leave a comment:

• LBF
    replied
    bret hart's the man. lol he's like 51 and he just recently married like a 27 year old. haha

ya, i read theo fleury's book it was pretty sick. he prolly still does play beer league hockey too.

i feel bad for calgary the sutter's are destroying the franchise.

Leave a comment:

• RecklessIndifference
    replied
    LBF wrote: View Post
    doesn't theo fleury live there?
    HAH he's prob still playing Beer League Hockey on some Reserve. Man I used to love that guy and I'm not even from Calgary.

notable athletes who used to come through my till at Sportchek (I worked there years ago)

- Bret Hart
    - Catriona Le May Doan
    - Jeremy Wotherspoon

Not exactly a who's who of athletes

Leave a comment:

• only1nabil
    replied
    Hey guys thanks for the support - I will have more video's up in the next few days and will let you know. They had a dunk off at one point!!!

Leave a comment:

• LBF
    replied
    cool vid. I wish we had an NBA team here. I'm tired of Jerome Iginla, Mike Vernon and Lanny MacDonald being the only 'athletes' I see around
    doesn't theo fleury live there?

Leave a comment:

• SirChillyMost
    replied
    Kool video!!

DD & Sonny look like they both have been working out hard- DD has buffed up big time. Looks like DD will be able to play some 3 with those gunz.

Leave a comment:

• pesterm1
    replied
    Demar and Sonny definetly bulked up this summer.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X