The Slept-On Files (Barbosa #3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Slept-On Files (Barbosa #3)

This is the slow time in the NBA off-season, but that doesn’t mean we can’t start looking ahead to the 2010-11 season and which players might surprise us. The Slept-on Files will feature some of the players you might have overlooked or written off — and give you reasons why you shouldn’t.

Leandro Barbosa’s File — Career numbers: 7 seasons, 466 games, 25,1 MPG, 12.6 PPG, 2.4 RPG, 2.6 APG, 1.0 SPG, .468 FG%, .398 3P%; 2009-10 numbers: 33 games, 17.9 MPG, 9.5 PPG, 1.6 RPG, 1.5 APG, 0.5 SPG, .425 FG%, .324 3P%

Why he’s being slept on: The 2009-10 season was probably the most challenging one of Leandro Barbosa’s career. He struggled with wrist pain all season, which contributed to his career-lows in field goal percentage and three-point percentage. He had a cyst removed from his wrist in January that caused him to miss eight weeks, resulting in the lowest games and minutes played totals of his seven-season career. If that wasn’t enough, Goran Dragic emerged as Steve Nash’s main backup and the Suns’ point guard of the future with a surprising season that culminated in his star-making performance in Game Three of the Western Conference semifinals — when he scored 23 fourth-quarter points to singlehandedly give Phoenix a 3-0 lead in the series...
    The Slept-On Files: Leandro Barbosa|Blog Archive|The Basketball Jones|Blogs|The Score.com

The Slept-On Files|The Basketball Jones|Blogs|The Score.com
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

You can also factor in the death of his mother. The best feature of Barbosa's game is his speed. I remember him killing the Lakers on fast breaks in the playoffs.

Comment

If healthy he will be a definite force in TO off the bench- 6th man extraordinaire. His moms death(& nagging injuries) did affect his on court play last season in my mind.

Comment

I still remember his 18 point a game year with the Suns. People here don't seem to take him seriously, but think about it. I guy that can shoot from the three very well, and can drive very well. It gives us space on the court, cause defenders don't know what to do. You can't leave him on the perimeter cause he can just drop 3 on you, but if you go to far out, he can run right by you. Plus he has long arms, and can get plenty of steals. Especially on fast-breaks when all the Raps are slow or not back, he can save us time or even actually get the ball.

Comment

don't forget the best part of all... his singing!!

If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

Funny video. Barbosa seems to have a good personality, and as an international player he should make a great addition to the Raptors, hopefully he meshes with the younger crew and can provide some leadership as well as outperform expectations on the court.

Comment

i think amre left phoenix cause he was creeped out by leandro. watch amare at the 1:41 mark for like 5 seconds.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                i think amre left phoenix cause he was creeped out by leandro. watch amare at the 1:41 mark for like 5 seconds.
                Any one think Hedo will be in any of Nash's videos? I doubt he'd be up for it.
                "Don't expect anything unless you give everything."

Comment

Dark Knight wrote: View Post
                  Any one think Hedo will be in any of Nash's videos? I doubt he'd be up for it.
                  what video's?

these type of one's?

Comment

Working...
                  X