Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raptors Team Report - Yahoo!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Raptors Team Report - Yahoo!

    http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...s-2010-nba-tor

    A decent summary of what has gone on in Raptorland this summer, so nothing new for those that have been following them closely. However, there was a couple of interesting lines written about Bargnani playing forward and Ed Davis starting at C. I know this is an argument in another thread (whether Amir or Ed should get the start), but this is one outsider's opinion.

    C David Andersen, an Australian who has international experience in Spain, was acquired from the Rockets for a second-round pick. Andersen adds depth to a position of concern for the Raptors, who lost power forward Chris Bosh to free agency earlier in the summer.
    Personally, I still want to see a big, strong defensive center beside Bargs. However, does it really matter whether Bargs is at the C or PF and Davis (or Johnson) is at the PF or C?

  • #2
    for some reason i like johnson or davis at the c better.

    nto that i think it will make a difference.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

    Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

    Comment


    • #3
      LBF wrote: View Post
      for some reason i like johnson or davis at the c better.

      nto that i think it will make a difference.
      I agree.

      Jack-----Calderon
      DeRozan-Barbosa
      Kleiza----Weems
      Bargnani--Johnson
      Davis-----Anderson

      What I like about starting Davis is what it can do for the second rotation. Johnson is put with a Bargnani type player (Anderson) and we have read how well Johnson works with that type of Center. As well, if Calderon is staying, then he can continue his chemistry with Johnson on the pick and roll.

      Comment


      • #4
        regardless of if you start davis or amir, we're gonna lose a shitload of games. might as well give davis the experience.
        @sweatpantsjer

        Comment


        • #5
          The Rap's- as is, will be getting their asses kicked on the boards in 2010-11. As long as you force skinny players to play next to Bargnani in the starting line up they will be getting beat up ala Bosh as Barg's stays on the preimeter most of the time. DAndersen is Bargnani light ie another jump shooting priemeter orientated big man. The TO line ups w/o Bargnani may prove to be the best rebounding, defensive units in 2010/11- time will tell.

          Comment


          • #6
            Anyone know what Alabi has been doing this summer?
            Maybe hes been putting on muscle this summer and we will be pleasantly surprised

            Comment


            • #7
              Well, Davis is going to be doing the dirty work in the paint so you can call him whatever you want I guess.

              Comment


              • #8
                Bargs should defend on the 4 and switch to the 5 on offence.

                Comment


                • #9
                  All this is based on the assumption that there will be no other transaction. But who thinks the season will begin with the roster we have today?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    This is moronic. Bargni is the centre and has done a good job defending centre's one on one. AMir and Davis are to skinny to guard 5's. So amir or davis is going to guard dwight howard or shaq come on. What Toronto needs is either a defensive minded power forward or move bargni to the 4 and get a legit defensive 5. Moving bargni to the 4 would be alot like what Lakers do with Gasol.
                    Lets be serious the ownly two true centres on the raps are Bargni and Alabi.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      pistol pete wrote: View Post
                      All this is based on the assumption that there will be no other transaction. But who thinks the season will begin with the roster we have today?
                      Its a real possibility. Rudy Fernandez is going to be traded. Melo will probably be traded. Neither needs to be traded at the beginning of the season.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Frankthetank wrote: View Post
                        This is moronic. Bargni is the centre and has done a good job defending centre's one on one. AMir and Davis are to skinny to guard 5's. So amir or davis is going to guard dwight howard or shaq come on. What Toronto needs is either a defensive minded power forward or move bargni to the 4 and get a legit defensive 5. Moving bargni to the 4 would be alot like what Lakers do with Gasol.
                        Lets be serious the ownly two true centres on the raps are Bargni and Alabi.
                        Bargnani is not a center he's a stretch 4 plus hasn't done a good job of guarding NBA centers one on one (back to life, back to reality)- ask Bosh who had to guard centers most of the time when paired on the court w/ Barg's. The only true center on the current Rap's roster is Alabi and he's about as raw as they come right now and definately not ready to compete on the NBA level in my mind.

                        Fyi Bargnani's natural position is PF as per BC(the man who drafted him number 1 overall in 2006).

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          SirChillyMost wrote: View Post
                          Bargnani is not a center he's a stretch 4 plus hasn't done a good job of guarding NBA centers one on one (back to life, back to reality)- ask Bosh who had to guard centers most of the time when paired on the court w/ Barg's. The only true center on the current Rap's roster is Alabi and he's about as raw as they come right now and definately not ready to compete on the NBA level in my mind.

                          Fyi Bargnani's natural position is PF as per BC(the man who drafted him number 1 overall in 2006).
                          Nope, Bargs guarded the centers most of the time.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            JoePanini wrote: View Post
                            Nope, Bargs guarded the centers most of the time.
                            I watched every single Raptor game last season and have been watching the Raptor game replays on RapsTV as well- you need more people, I don't believe you!!!

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X