Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ranking The WORST NBA Cities - Toronto: 4th Worst?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ranking The WORST NBA Cities - Toronto: 4th Worst?!?

4. Tie-Toronto

While Toronto boasts the top nightlife ranking on the list, they also boast the worst weather ranking.

I mean, when your average temperature is 30 degrees in February, players just don't want to be there.

Who wants to freeze when walking from their car to grab a bite to eat when visiting the city?

Nobody, or as NBA player Jared Dudley put it...."Toronto is one of the cities that I know I'm getting room service in".

Toronto, like Utah, came in at a ranking of 36, which was not a shocker considering they just lost their biggest ticket in Chris Bosh.
    Another Bleacher post ripping on the City as a place no-one wants to play.Ranked behind Memphis, Milwaukee,Sacramento and Charlotte. The main factor they have blasting T-Dot is its weather, yet rank other cold weather cities like Boston and New Jersey ahead of it. I feel that if the team isn't a winner like the C****s or loved by the media like the New York neverwinners or the Nyets (yeah russian nets) then they will blast you forever. I swear if I wasn't born here I'd think its a barren frozen wasteland.

posted link
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/4...to-play#page/5
    What if... Blazers had drafted both Drexler, Jordan?

From 1992 Beginner's Guide to the NBA Finals, The Oregonian's special section. Published 6/3/1992.

Michael Jordan was the #3 pick in the 1984 draft, after Portland selected Sam Bowie second.

i would like to say angry but im used to it by now.....another person who knows absolutely nothing about the city ripping it to shreds just because you need a passport to come here and its "colder".......pshhhh and the say places like minnesota and new jersey are better? gimme a break

Comment

we have pretty much the same weather as NYC, NJN, DET, PHI,
      it can be -30 in BOS n CHI as well.

so bleacher report needs to be cut from the list of approved sources worth bring up on RR

Comment

Fuck ALL and ANYBODY that's dissing my city, real talk and straight up. Our chics can compete with the BEST of them because of our diversity, some of the best music artists in history are from here and Canada, better health care, safer streets, cleaner than most cities and brimming with cultural foods. So Fuck these uneducated wastes of skin!!!! Frikkin' tired of the constant ripping of our city and franchise. Just because Chris Byatch left??? He's a bonafied pussy. Pierce showed it, Dwight showed it and Shaq as well. As soon as Byatch left, look at the amount of negative publicity we get. Raps All Day!!!!!
        The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
        Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
        www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
        http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
        http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

Hey, remember last Winter when all of the Mid-West and East-Atlantic States suffered through 6 weeks of intense blizzards, while Southern Ontario enjoyed above average seasonal temperatures and as little snow fall seen in years?

Well neither did the dope who wrote the piece, or the shmuck who published it.
          RR OG

Comment

GameBreaker wrote: View Post
            Fuck ALL and ANYBODY that's dissing my city, real talk and straight up. Our chics can compete with the BEST of them because of our diversity, some of the best music artists in history are from here and Canada, better health care, safer streets, cleaner than most cities and brimming with cultural foods. So Fuck these uneducated wastes of skin!!!! Frikkin' tired of the constant ripping of our city and franchise. Just because Chris Byatch left??? He's a bonafied pussy. Pierce showed it, Dwight showed it and Shaq as well. As soon as Byatch left, look at the amount of negative publicity we get. Raps All Day!!!!!
            Simmer down.
            RR OG

Comment

LOL...excuse the language, ya'll. Just sick and tired of it...lol. My apologies....ahhh...felt good, tho..not gonna lie. (panting)
              The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
              Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
              www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
              http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
              http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

Its like if the team isn't currently a good playoff team then every journalist or pundant is getting their kicks in. No body insults Portland anymore since they got good but did the city magically change. Yet if I'm a player then I want to be on the Knicks and get hekled and bood the first time I loose, or on the Clippers #2 in my own arena because it LA.

Bottom Line, the media loves a winner. If TDot suddnely won the championship (we all can pray) then all of the media would be up here on the raptors nuts saying stuff like "oh we always loved Toronto" and "Its just like any other big market" and David Stern would get his head out of his ass and might give us an All star weekend. And we would see guys on Espn actualy give raps some credit (Hollinger that means u).

When management, raptor players, and Fans read something like this they should want to win that much more to prove that our city is one of the best. That way we can win a title and shove it down those egomaniacs and ignorant keyboard jockeys that think they're reporters.
                What if... Blazers had drafted both Drexler, Jordan?

From 1992 Beginner's Guide to the NBA Finals, The Oregonian's special section. Published 6/3/1992.

Michael Jordan was the #3 pick in the 1984 draft, after Portland selected Sam Bowie second.

Comment

Jordan-Drexler wrote: View Post
                  Its like if the team isn't currently a good playoff team then every journalist or pundant is getting their kicks in. No body insults Portland anymore since they got good but did the city magically change. Yet if I'm a player then I want to be on the Knicks and get hekled and bood the first time I loose, or on the Clippers #2 in my own arena because it LA.

Bottom Line, the media loves a winner. If TDot suddnely won the championship (we all can pray) then all of the media would be up here on the raptors nuts saying stuff like "oh we always loved Toronto" and "Its just like any other big market" and David Stern would get his head out of his ass and might give us an All star weekend. And we would see guys on Espn actualy give raps some credit (Hollinger that means u).

When management, raptor players, and Fans read something like this they should want to win that much more to prove that our city is one of the best. That way we can win a title and shove it down those egomaniacs and ignorant keyboard jockeys that think they're reporters.
                  +1

Comment

FYI Minnesota is colder in the winter.

Comment

Bob Evans is a top five writer everyone dreads to read

Boston Weather History
                      Average
                      January 28.6
                      February 30.3
                      Source: CityRating.com

This guy is an ignoramus. Don't waste your time with him.

Comment

Typical ignorant American "journalism" rearing its ugly head once again. I'm just surprised these idiots didn't mention the fact that "players have to keep all their receipts" like that douche who asked Ed Davis about that in his post draft presser in NYC.

Comment

This guy isn't a journalist. He's just some fan writing for BR. $100 says he hasn't been to any of those cities besides Cleveland.

Comment

Like Chuck D would say- Don't believe the (media) hype.

Comment

Jordan-Drexler wrote: View Post
                              Another Bleacher post ripping on the City as a place no-one wants to play.Ranked behind Memphis, Milwaukee,Sacramento and Charlotte. The main factor they have blasting T-Dot is its weather, yet rank other cold weather cities like Boston and New Jersey ahead of it. I feel that if the team isn't a winner like the C****s or loved by the media like the New York neverwinners or the Nyets (yeah russian nets) then they will blast you forever. I swear if I wasn't born here I'd think its a barren frozen wasteland.

posted link
                              http://bleacherreport.com/articles/4...to-play#page/5
                              More stupid Americans - like the guy who asked Ed Davis at the draft how he was looking forward to keeping his receipts since he is now playing in Canada.

Every generation Americans get dumber and more medicated.
                              "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

Working...
                              X