X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JYD18
    replied
    LOL the announcer actually said "Mama Mia"
    Bargs looked good albeit had the height and strength advantage over almost everyone he was matched up against, something that won't happen in the NBA

Leave a comment:

• 3nr1c0
    replied
    Hotshot wrote: View Post
    Video or it didn't happen!
    here it is

Leave a comment:

• jk1m
    replied
    That's right. It's the year for Bargs to shine and reach all-star status...well I'm hoping that is. lol. Yeah, realistically it'll be around what you are saying.

Leave a comment:

• jk1m
    replied
    Yeah I know, I'm trying to be optimistic but it's mostly wishful thinking. lol.

Leave a comment:

• JoePanini
    replied
    RAPT0RS wrote: View Post
    Pops, as in Pops-Mensah Bonsu?
    Yep, he's been playing really well.

Leave a comment:

• RAPT0RS
    replied
    Pops, as in Pops-Mensah Bonsu?

Leave a comment:

• JoePanini
    replied
    jk1m wrote: View Post
    Good stuff! Only if he can translate that to the NBA. I would even settle for a 20-10 with 2 BPG. Bring on '10-'11!
    LOL. 10 rebounds? You do know that 20-10-2 are all-star numbers right? I would expect maybe 19-22 points and 7-8 rebounds. And 1.5-2 blocks.

Leave a comment:

• JYFelony
    replied
    jk1m wrote: View Post
    Good stuff! Only if he can translate that to the NBA. I would even settle for a 20-10 with 2 BPG. Bring on '10-'11!
    Settle?? That's more than settling, that's a pretty huge average for any NBA player.

Leave a comment:

• OzRapFan
    replied
    ho hum

Leave a comment:

• sixtyeight
    replied
    I watched the game and liked how Andrea played (and that Italy won); On offence he's been solid and aggressive, still has some problems with open shots, which is something that really puzzles me...what troubles me it's not that he missed 2/3 open jumpers, it's the way he did: it seemed like he didn't know what to do, started thinking and consequently messed up the rhythm...dunno that stuff should be automatic...but maybe it's just me being fussy Looked pretty good around the basket, he's really started to look more fluid down there, learning how to use feet and body and adding a few solutions to his game. On D it's still pretty much the same old story with some bright spots: team D is still a problem, but as I've already said it's difficult to judge him fairly with such poor teammates. But one thing I can say: he might be slow to react and often confused/indecisive, but he does try on D, he cares, it's just he's not very good at it Again good at blocking shots, displayed a good instinct and read things a bit better; Fiba says 4 blocks (I'd say 5 but that's irrelevant) but Bargs altered a good number of shots using well his body. Let's see if he can keep up the good stuff in the last 2 games, expecially against Montenegro...

Leave a comment:

• Hotshot
    replied
    Video or it didn't happen!

Leave a comment:

• jk1m
    replied
    Bargnani averaging 22.5 PPG and 7 RPG and 2nd leading scorer. Pops averaging 17.4 PPG and 12.8 RPG and the 8th leading scorer. http://www.fibaeurope.com/cid_KNce8j...ndID_7663.html

Leave a comment:

• jk1m
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Greatkrom420
    replied
    Way to go il mago!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• BC Boy
    started a topic Big Stat Line For Bargs Against Latvia

Big Stat Line For Bargs Against Latvia

http://www.fibaeurope.com/cid_KNce8j...3.teamID_.html

Italy Dispatch Latvia, Confirm Return To Form
    // 20 August 2010

If only they could have played like this from the start.

Italy's EuroBasket qualifying hopes still appear to rest on the additional qualifying round, but they are refusing to go quietly from Group A as they slammed Latvia 109-93 on Friday.

Three defeats in their opening five games virtually assured the top two places would be out of reach, but Italy have now at least found the sort of form that would earn them a ticket to Lithuania.

They were all over Latvia from the early stages, using a run late in the first quarter to build a 26-17 advantage.

The margin continued to grow and back-to-back baskets from Andrea Bargnani and Marco Belinelli late in the second quarter made it 46-31.

Tomas Ress nailed a three-pointer just before the buzzer as Italy went to the locker rooms with a 58-41 advantage.

The gap continued to hover around the 20-point mark until late in the third quarter, when Latvia found some inspiration and an 11-0 run, sparked by Ingus Bankevics' lay-up, brought them to within 10, 82-72.

But Italy responded, and a 9-0 run highlighted by Belinelli's three-pointer carried them clear again.
    And those proved to be the last of Italy's worries as they cruised to victory.

Bargnani was the star of the show with 30 points and 13 rebounds, while Belinelli added 19 points and Jacopo Giachetti had 18.

Marco Mordente also reached double figures with 10.

Bankevics and Kaspars Berzins each had 14 for Latvia, while Dairis Bertans made 13, Janis Strelnieks had 12 and Ronalds Zakis 11.
    Bargs also had 4 blocks in this game.

As a side, Kleiza had a good game against Spain.

Linas Kleiza
    19pts (7/8 shooting), 6 rebounds
    http://www.basketnews.lt/news-32163-...tatistika.html

Can't find the boxscore for Calderon's stat line.
Working...
X